MJJC Weekend NewsBytes 19.01.08 - 20.01.08 Raymone Steps Down [RUMOR DENIED PAGE 10]

SunsetDriver

Proud Member
Hi Members!

We're trying something new at MJJC. Starting today, we will be posting a weekend edition of our various MJ news bytes.

The News

According to mjjr.net, The 2008 Akon-featured remix/cover of MichaelJackson's classic, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', has been progressively climbing up the radio airplay charts across the United States.

Charting entity MEDIABASE.COM has WBSS '08 (Featuring AKON) is at #60 (up from #80 one week ago) on the Top 40 7-Day Chart for radio airplay, and #3 on the Top 40 Taking Off Chart.

Source: http://mjjr.net/forum-t74.html

Thriller 25 Thrills!

The UK Loves The King of Pop! According to the ITUNES UK charts, Michael Jackson feat. Will.IAm - The Girl Is Mine 2008 is now ranked at number #51. Go log into iTunes and download TGIM 2008 now!

"For All Time" premiered on Radio BBC 2 this past week. The song had a bit of a surpirse for fans because the bridges of the song features new vocals from Michael! To listen to it, please click this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainf...2/r2_bruce_tue

For all the latest, up to date Thriller 25 news and information, please visit MJJCommunity.com and click FORUM.

News Headlines

Kapon Case Dismissed Against Michael
Michael's Work To Be Showcased
Thriller 25 News & MTV, Plus Other News!
Michael Jackson will be honored at THE BET HONORS

To read these headlines, click here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/content/blogsection/1/77/

MJJCommunity News:

We'd like to thank all of our members for sticking by us through this very difficult time! As you all know, we've suffered serious server blackouts due to a variety of reasons. But now we're back and we're stronger and more secure than ever! Please tell you friends about MJJCommunity.com!

Would you like to join the staff of MJJCommunity? We're looking for group moderators for the website and news staff. If interested, please contact Dorothy_Marie: mjjapplications@yahoo.com

Coming Soon to MJJC: cNews Newsletter, MJJCtv, MJJC Radio and MJJC T-Shirts. Also, we will be launching the MJJC Signature Awards and other contests! Stay Tuned!

This weekend edition news thread will be updated all with breaking news and information about The King of Pop! Please feel free to post news that you find!!

Re: MJJC Weekend NewsBytes 19.01.08 - 20.01.08

Great idea! I am loving this! Thanx :flowers:

I like the idea!

BTW, I have something to say regarding the WBSS '08 single -I have not heard it on my radio station yet. However, I am happy that it is doing very well. :)

MJJC Weekend NewsBytes I like this idea, also the news letter tv and radio will be much appreciated. Thank you for keeping this place up and running :D

MJJC T.Shirt :kickass:

I just saw this on mjeurope.com

thrillerpostcardweb.jpg

Hey this is a great idea! I am gonna bump this up with some new news so just bare with me. :D

Michael Jackson News:

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Silenced-movie-Ono-scotches-.3691621.jp

Silenced movie: Ono scotches tartan ballad of John and Yoko

Widow denies song rights to film about Lennon's return to the Scotland of his childhood
DURING his life she was seen as the gatekeeper to his prodigious talent. Now, 27 years after his death, she is still fiercely guarding his legacy.

Yoko Ono has killed off plans to make a feature film about a visit to Sutherland she made with John Lennon at the height of their fame. Lawyers for the artist have denied the movie makers the use of Lennon's songs, which were central to the project.

Lennon had fond memories of childhood holidays in the village of Durness and insisted on taking his new wife on a holiday to Scotland in 1969, hoping to escape the pressures of superstardom.

But he crashed while driving in the area and spent five days in a small hospital in Golspie.

Derek Yeaman, a film location manager and writer, pieced together the story and discovered Lennon had struck up an unlikely relationship with the local minister from the Free Church of Scotland.

Glasgow-based Yeaman used the incident as the starting point for Mhari And The Lennons, a fictionalised story about the impact the Beatle's presence had on the local community. He also secured the backing of a top British film producer.

But Ono has refused to support the film and crucially has refused to authorise use of any songs.

Yeaman said: "Apparently her Scottish experience was not a pleasant one and she did not wish to 'go back' to these times, therefore we don't get the blessing we wanted, and also the Lennon 'materials' that would have encouraged the financiers to fund the film."

Peter Shukat, Ono's lawyer, told Scotland on Sunday it was "not the most pleasant event" in the lives of Ono and Lennon and she did not want to stir up "bad memories".

"She felt that the story would not reflect greatly on anybody and she just wasn't real happy with it.

"I certainly can't stop you from making your movie, but we wouldn't authorise the licence of John's music – she controls John's music. And I don't believe without Yoko's approval Sony/ATV would license the Beatles' music."

He said Ono was not prepared to discuss the matter or comment directly. "It's not a matter of commenting. She just doesn't want to be involved in the project."

Yeaman and his producers hope Ono might change her mind. But her lawyer Shukat held out no hope: "The bottom line is it's not something that she wants to be involved with."

Executive producer Nigel Wooll, whose previous credits include Miss Potter, said it would be "very difficult" to get backing for the film without Ono's support and Lennon's songs.

While Ono controls Lennon's solo songs, the Beatles were still together at the time of the visit and had just topped the charts with 'The Ballad Of John And Yoko', Lennon's reflections on marriage, their famous honeymoon "bed-in" for peace and the pressures of fame.

Ownership of Beatles songs lies with Sony/ATV, in which Michael Jackson has a major stake. Jackson's finances have been stretched by recent problems, the company is seeking to increase revenue and recently licensed 'All You Need Is Love' for a nappies commercial.

Use of Beatles songs is extremely expensive and use of original recordings is even dearer and requires permission from the record company as well. I Am Sam, a 2001 film about an obsessive Beatles fan, settled for cover versions after reportedly being quoted £3m for originals.

Sony/ATV chief executive Martin Bandier has acknowledged a "moral obligation" to consult the Beatles and their heirs.

Yeaman said they were also concerned about representation of Lennon and Ono in the film. "Distributors won't fund such projects if there may be an injunction at the premiere," he said.

Will Evans, an entertainment lawyer with 28 years' experience who is currently head of business affairs at the UK Film Council, said there would be a consideration over defamation and privacy.

There is no UK privacy law, but he pointed out that Hilary And Jackie, an Oscar-nominated film about musician Jacqueline du Pré, was never released in France because individuals refused to consent to being portrayed on film.

He said it was impossible to defame a dead person, but Ono was a different matter. He was unsure also whether she might bring an action in the US over unauthorised exploitation of Lennon's name.

Stan Parkes, John Lennon's cousin, said Ono "showed no interest" in Scotland or Durness, and "whipped John off to New York", where she felt more comfortable. Lennon was shot dead by a deranged fan near their Central Park apartment in 1980.

Parkes thought Lennon would have approved of the film. "John had a happy time in the Highlands in his early life… It's a great shame."

He said Lennon was determined to bring Ono to visit relatives in Edinburgh and then go up to the family's crofthouse at Durness, because he "loved" the place and hoped she would share his passion. Parkes himself was doubtful.

"My mother pleaded with my stepfather and myself, 'Please
, for John's sake, let him bring Yoko up just once to show her where he spent his childhood.'"

Lennon, Ono, six-year-old Julian Lennon and Ono's five-year-old daughter Kyoko headed off on their own magical mystery tour, eschewing the Rolls for an Austin Maxi.

Lennon had poor eyesight, rarely drove himself and crashed on one of the narrow northern roads. He received 17 stitches for facial injuries and Ono had 14 in her forehead.

Lennon later told reporters: "If you're going to have a car crash, try to arrange for it to happen in the Highlands. The hospital there was just great."

Yeaman is still determined to get the picture made. He said: "The film we want to make is an uplifting one and I just don't think Yoko knows this."

He may rewrite the script to portray Lennon as a passing figure, a presence, in much the same way film-makers traditionally portrayed Christ on screen.

The full article contains 1022 words and appears in Scotland On Sunday newspaper.

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUKL1832418720080119

Warner Music acquires French tour company Camus

LONDON (Reuters) - The French division of Warner Music Group (WMG.N: Quote, Profile, Research) has acquired one of the country's leading tour production and promotion companies, Jean-Claude Camus Productions, for an undisclosed fee.
Camus Productions, which has staged concerts in France for international acts such as Madonna, Michael Jackson and the Rolling Stones, will remain largely autonomous and will continue to be led by Jean-Claude Camus.
The deal will combine Camus Productions' experience of staging live events with Warner Music's roster of local and international artists, and the promoter will work closely with each of the labels in the Warner Music France group, the two companies said in a statement on Saturday.
After relying on sales of CDs for years, the music industry is having to diversify and adapt its business model and is looking to sign so-called 360-degree contracts, where the company shares in other artist earnings such as merchandise, image rights and touring revenues.

http://www.thetimes.co.za/PrintEdition/News/Article.aspx?id=685979

Céline brings her own dentist on tour to SA

At hotels, the star will stay in presidential suites while 75 “premium hotel rooms” must be reserved for production crew.
Ticket Connection financial director Darren Ebb said Dion’s world tour was among the biggest music events ever hosted in South Africa, with more than 300000 tickets on sale.
The previous local record was held by Michael Jackson, with more than 200000 tickets sold.
“Ticket sales (for Dion) are exceeding expectations, with the most pre-sales ever done,” Ebb said.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...-compares-rap-to-baseball-lupe-stops-in-vegas

HHDX News Bits: Rhymefest Compares Rap To Baseball, Lupe Stops In Vegas

Chicago emcee Rhymefest has been on fire lately. From his recent message board war of words over politics with fellow Chi Town emcee Lupe Fiasco to his Michael Jackson dedication mixtape, Man in the Mirror, 'Fest is giving fans plenty to look forward to with his sophomore effort, El Che.
After selling only 120,000 copies of his debut, Blue Collar, 'Fest is pulling no punches with the follow up, which is described as a “heavier” and “angrier” album.
"I was named after a revolutionary [Che Guevara]," he said in a recent Chicago Tribune article. "How else can I have a revolutionary album? I can't call myself 'El Che' and not come hard."
Despite declining sales in Hip Hop, Rhymefest feels like this album will give him the shine he deserves. He compares the years when Hip Hop dominated the charts to baseball’s “steroid era” and believes the good music will rise to the top now that the playing field is even and virtually no one—from commercial label artists to underground acts—are moving major units.
It's a new day. The wonderful thing about records not selling on the rap side is that it puts every one of us on a level playing field. I wasn't on a level playing field in 2006. [Gimmicky] rap was the rule of the day. Now, let's see if Rhymefest can win the baseball game when everybody ain't juiced up like Barry Bonds."

Michael Jackson HIStory:

1980 - Michael Jackson's "Rock With You" hit #1 in the U.S.

2002 - Michael Jackson won the title of Best International Male Singer of the year at the NRJ 2002 Awards.

Thanks for posting the news. :)

Thanks for the updates

thanks for the news today

Michael Jackson's Manager Resigns

I don't know this is true or false.

EXCLUSIVE: Michael Jackson's Manager Resigns

CrackSpace.com has learned that Michael Jackson's long-time manager. Raymone Bain has had it and stepped down. Poor payment history and never ending drama are among the reasons cited for his departure. Insiders are concerned that this will likely impact Jackson's planned, but unconfirmed world tour.

http://www.hiphopcrack.com/viewArticle.hhc?articleId=2286

If this post is not allowed, please close this thread.

Re: Michael Jackson's Manager Resigns

Sounds like someone made this up as a joke and hope it gets picked up doesn't look legit to me at all.

I don't know this is true or false.

If this post is not allowed, please close this thread.

I guess I will treat this with skepticism and wait for a more reliable source. They don't even know Raymone is a woman.

Sexists.

Let's hope soo :lol:

Nah, if it's true I hope that it wasn't for the reasons that they stated :ermm:

Re: Will Raymone Bain step down?

I hope this is true, but also hope MJ can quickly replace her

;)i hope its true too i never really cared for her in the first place

If it's true it's happen at a wrong time cause It could hurt the promot of thriller 25th, so I hope it's untrue

This sounds like a malicious rumour to me, probably designed to create drama and to distract from the Thriller 25 good news that MJ is receiving. Shakes head in dismay.

I believe it is likely false. They don't even realize Raymone is a woman. How credible is that? And ss Dorothy pointed out the article is from Jan. 16 and no reliable papers have picked it up. The other thread was closed pending further confirmation and I think this shouild be too.

Re: MJJC Weekend NewsBytes 19.01.08 - 20.01.08 Raymone Steps Down [RUMOR]

Interesting. The first thread on this was promptly closed. If you are going to move one into the news thread then the first should be moved in here as well to not slight the original poster.

Sorry... I see the first is moved as well. Happened while I was typing. :flowers:

Last edited:
Back