Legacy Records email to radio stations confirms Superbowl Commercial (update on pg 5)

whatwhat

Proud Member
Epic email to radio for WBSS single release to radio:

Michael Jackson w/ Akon
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008"

Celebrating the Thriller 25th Anniversary of the World's Biggest Selling Album of All Time

New CD Re-Package Available 2.12.08

The World's Biggest Album just got bigger featuring previously unreleased tracks with will.i.am, Fergie, Kayne West and Akon

Feb.3 Super Bowl XLII TV Spot

Feb.10 Grammy Tribute featuring will.i.am, Akon and Fergie

Mid-Feb. BET Honors include a tribute to Michael Jackson

Thriller 25 MySpace and Facebook launch January

Massive Press, TV, Radio, Online and Outdoor Advertising campaign to launch Feb. 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Epic email confirms Superbowl Commercial

wow!..... so if the grammy tribute are performances by them guys... who will be singing mikes parts...... im starting to think mj will be at the grammys more and more each day

OMG!! :woohoo: They really are going all out for MJ!! :woohoo:

'Massive Press, TV, Radio, Online and Outdoor Advertising campaign to launch Feb. 1'..WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?!?

^ just means heaps of posters, TV adverts, banners on popular websites, radio play etc.

Omg
Omg
Omg

I am very excited
Thanks whatwhat

Interesting. None of it says that MJ himself will be appearing anywhere or doing anything directly to promote T25.

people will wonder why michael himself isnt involved and he will get bagged for it, like usual.

Oh I think something huge is gonna happen at the Grammys & I'm not regerring to just Akon Fergie, Will & Kanye!

people will wonder why michael himself isnt involved and he will get bagged for it, like usual.

And rightly so. If Mike can't be bothered to promote his own product, why should anyone be bothered enough to buy it. He became so successful in the the first place because of his talent and presence, yet he refuses to use either these days.
Of course, I WILL be buying the album, but I don't understand how he expects to get hsi career on track without putting in the ground work. If these promo plans are accurate, then it shows Epic/Sony are committed to the procuct, atleast in the US and it must be incredibly frustrating for them when Mike won't join in. We all know they have asked Mike to come to the UK to help with the promo, but I don't think for one second he will.

And rightly so. If Mike can't be bothered to promote his own product, why should anyone be bothered enough to buy it. He became so successful in the the first place because of his talent and presence, yet he refuses to use either these days.
Of course, I WILL be buying the album, but I don't understand how he expects to get hsi career on track without putting in the ground work. If these promo plans are accurate, then it shows Epic/Sony are committed to the procuct, atleast in the US and it must be incredibly frustrating for them when Mike won't join in. We all know they have asked Mike to come to the UK to help with the promo, but I don't think for one second he will.

I have to disagree. What other artists do you see promoting their greatest hits packages or re-releases? :huh: It's a re-release, not a new album. I never expected him to promote this anyway... still not sure why people do expect him to...

Record companies are supposed to be the ones who promote re-releases or greatest hits packages, not the artists. Michael did all the ground work 25 years ago. He made a hit for Sony / Epic and increased their sales by 80% (or something crazy like that), just with Thriller. The way I see it, Sony owes him big time, not just for that but for stiffing him several times over (think singles releases that never happened from Dangerous, HIStory, BOTDF and the whole Invincible debacle).

Just the way i see it. ;)

pfft. Who cares? Michael can't spend his career worrying about what other people are saying about him. Because he can't do anything right by them. So screw em. Michael does what he wants.

I have to disagree. What other artists do you see promoting their greatest hits packages or re-releases? :huh: It's a re-release, not a new album. I never expected him to promote this anyway... still not sure why people do expect him to...

Record companies are supposed to be the ones who promote re-releases or greatest hits packages, not the artists. Michael did all the ground work 25 years ago. He made a hit for Sony / Epic and increased their sales by 80% (or something crazy like that), just with Thriller. The way I see it, Sony owes him big time, not just for that but for stiffing him several times over (think singles releases that never happened from Dangerous, HIStory, BOTDF and the whole Invincible debacle).

Just the way i see it. ;)

I see it exactly the same way.
Michael did already enough for this re-release with all the new remixes.
Don't understand me wrong, I love the idea of Thriller 25 and the impact of this can be huge if Sony, Epic, Legacy, whoever really is into this and really will do this "massive advertisement" as promised to us fans! It is a good step to "return" in a positive way into the public eye and remind people of Michael's musical genius, creativity and everything Michael is really all about.

Imo it is time for Michael to concentrate on his forthcoming new projects (new album, perhaps some concerts, new promo, new merchandise,...). I'm 100% sure, He knows what he is doing and we can all look forward to a huge 2008!!

I see it exactly the same way.
Michael did already enough for this re-release with all the new remixes.
Don't understand me wrong, I love the idea of Thriller 25 and the impact of this can be huge if Sony, Epic, Legacy, whoever really is into this and really will do this "massive advertisement" as promised to us fans! It is a good step to "return" in a positive way into the public eye and remind people of Michael's musical genius, creativity and everything Michael is really all about.

Imo it is time for Michael to concentrate on his forthcoming new projects (new album, perhaps some concerts, new promo, new merchandise,...). I'm 100% sure, He knows what he is doing and we can all look forward to a huge 2008!!

I am glad you agree with me! ^_^

You're so right about the new album and that's where I believe Michael is putting all his energy! :punk: (PS I love this punk smiley!)

Aaarrgghhh! I don't know what to feel / believe anymore!

Part of me thinks he should make the most of T25 with Grammys & Superbowl but part of me wants new stuff and nothing else.

I think if I was 100% convinced there would be new stuff, I'd rest easier. Part of me still doesn't think there will be. I'm sure he's recorded stuff but will it see the light of day???

Can you imagine walking into a record store and buying a BRAND NEW MICHAEL JACKSON ALBUM!

Can you imagine walking into a record store and buying a BRAND NEW MICHAEL JACKSON ALBUM!

I actually remember that feeling! ^_^

Yes, I was young then!

Strangely enough, I don't remember buying Invincible too well but I have very distinct memories of buying Bad, Dangerous & HIStory.

In the UK they were released on a Thursday (all other albums released Monday) to make it even more of a special event. They only had 2 days to chart but still outsold the rest of the Top 10 combined!

Oh the memories!!!

Come on - one more album. PLEASE!!!

thank you for this am so exciting!!! i am sure he will be in the commercial too akon said on radio that he was working for this with michael and not for michael...now as for the uk wait to see maybe he comes and stay many days there....O2 ARENA...now the grammys we will see...the good thing is that the promo now starts!!!

if he does things he will get bagged for living in the past and relaying on thriller. and if he doesnt do things some fans will moan aswell so he cant win. all that matters is the new stuff. this is just a money maker and nothing more

Totally agree with what your saying. After Chris Brown's tribute to Thriller at the WMA's, yet another Thriller tribute by 'today's artists' would confirm to me that Michael has no plans to perform anytime in the near future.

I WILL be buying the album, but I don't understand how he expects to get hsi career on track

a re release of thriller will not get his career back on track.lol new music/albums/videos will do that. some fans seem to be acting like this is some sort of comeback.

I WILL be buying the album,
well that kinda sums it up. as a sony re psupposedly said "j*cko fans will buy anything". no need for mj to do anything when you will go out and buy it anyway.

a re release of thriller will not get his career back on track.lol new music/albums/videos will do that. some fans seem to be acting like this is some sort of comeback.

I agree with that. This is not a come back album, it's a re-release. It doesn't make sense to me that he would do a performance for it or something like that...

I know this is not a comeback album, BUT it I'm sure it is being included as part of the run up to the new (i.e. comeback) album.
This is supposed to concentrate the public on michael Jackson's success and talent. It is intended to improve Michael Jackson's public image so that when the new album does hit it is greeted with more enthusiasm and positivity than it would otherwise have done. Without good promo behind Thriller 25, it may not sell as anywhere near as many copies as it could and seem to the public (and the press may spin it this way don't forget) as a failure. That kind of negative attention about MJ being a has-been and nobody is interested any more, people don't want to buy his material etc is exactly the opposite of what Mike needs to rebuild his career. Therefore I still maintain that if Mike really wants his career to get back on track he needs Thriller 25 to e seen as a success story, and for that he should go out an promote it properly. why should Kanye, Akon and Fergie go out and promote it if he can't be bothered himself? Why should the BETs give Thriller 25 any coverage if he can't be bothered to promote it himself?

Too many people here are thinking about the short game, when they need to be thinking about the wider picture. Thriller 25 success = greater chance of new album success. Simple as that.

Back