Jpop

Dudie

Proud Member
Jpop simply stands for Japanese Pop and i thought let's make a topic about it because it's just cool to listen too. I mean you don't have to understand every word they say to like a song. Atleast that is what i think.
I really love Jpop and i'm a fan of Yuna Ito for almost 2 years and it's a shame her duet with Celine Dion isn't on Celine's latest album:( Hopefully it's on Yuna's new album which will be released in Japan next month.

Next to Yuna i also like Ayumi Hamasaki, Arashi, Kazumasa Oda and many more but many really don't seem to understand why i like it since i don't understand a word (by now i know a few lines and words though^_^)

Who here is also into Jpop and who are your favorite artists?

Last edited:
I'm not really into Jpop but i think some of the japanese songs are great. i don't understand it either, i hardly pay attention to the lyrics when it comes to songs listening, be it chinese, malay, korean, english or japanese. I'll try to search for the translated lyrics if i want to know what the song is about. Music is what makes the song!

I'm not into Jpop, but it's really popular right now around here. Lot of my friends listen to it and talk about the artists (and I have no idea what they are talking about :ninja: lol)

I love this thread:D
In my opinion, jpop ROCKS. I love the style and the sound of their music.

I love ナイトメア ("Nightmare" in English). I learnt this band from Death Note and Claymore anime.
It's a great group with a fantastic music:wub: and they ROCK in their concerts:punk:
Unfortunately, I don't understand japanese (I can only read hiragana and know some words) but I pay attention to the music which is the most importand to me:p

Mostly, I'm into j-anime songs:lol:

Last edited:
That's how it started for me too.. Later i went to look for more songs of the artists who did some songs for anime i liked and then slowly got to know artists i dunno from any anime OP or ED^_^

On youtube and veoh there is a lot. Just search for Yuna Ito (Truth, Endless Stoy and Urban Mermaid are my fav), Ayumi Hamasaki, Arashi. Dunno if it's ok to post youtube links

Last edited:
I love J-Pop, they're on my favourite types of music, I mostly listen to ones on anime themes, my favourite J-Pop artists ar Kouji Wada (Digimon), Ai Maeda (Digimon), Nana Mizuki (she has a beautiful voice) & Megumi Hayashibara (Love Hina). I'd love to heae Michael listening to J-Pop right now.

It's great to find other Michael's fans who also like Jpop music! :)
My favourite one is Namie Amuro, but I also like BoA and Utada Hikaru.
By the way, I've heard that some Jpop artists are also fans of Michael. :D

Last edited:
i listen to a lot of soul/funk/R&B vibed tracks coming from Japenese producers and songwriters. even a few artists like Soulhead

SECRET LOVE - SOULHEAD

there's a lot of talent in Japan from artists breaking into Western music, and it's unfairly ignored in its rightful market here in the West...

I'm a big Jpop/Jr&b fan but I haven't been listened to much in the past year so I'm getting back into it now

I'm a member of jpopmusic.com

I like lots of Japanese music, not limmited to J-pop. Anyway, my favorite J-Pop artists are Ayumi Hamasaki and Utada Hikaru. I also like Crystal Kay. Yuna Ito is also good. Oh, also Bennie K and Soulhead but one could say that's more J-Urban I suppose.

OMG I've just discovered Ayumi Hamasaki and she really rocks!!!:D

Last edited:
I more into Jrock (I mean, A LOT :lol: ) , but I listen to Jpop as well from time to time :p

I also like Ayumi, BoA and Namie don't appeal to me that much :p Oh, and Olivia Lufkin is GREAT :D :punk:

there's a lot of talent in Japan from artists breaking into Western music, and it's unfairly ignored in its rightful market here in the West...

Hmm, more or less. In the market it goes indeed unobserved most of the time, but in terms and spreading across the globe, it's doing very well ;)

There are countless of fans in the world, and that is mainly thanks to anime. (somehow, I find this reason a bit sad, but I guess it's better than nothing :) ) Many people, both in America and in Europe, are familiar with Japanese music, especially with rock. In the past 2 years, many bands have began touring worldwide as well, which has been a MAJOR boost for their careers. Some have even released albums/DVDs in America/Europe.

The influence of Japan and Japanese music is noticeable everywhere, even in terms of clothing, make-up, hair-style etc. A bit sad if you think there are people who only see these things and forget to appreciate the music itself :no:

i wouldn't know about styles other than Urban/Dance music that's coming from Japan - that's what i'm referring to. it's largely ignored in the Western market but then again you have many great Western artists who are ignored in their own market lol so it's not surprising.

sorry, J-Rocker lol

^ Oh, my bad then :p

Urban is pretty popular too though, at least here it is, lol. Then again, we are talking about the market, which ignores many goodies.

Guess I jumped from one idea to another, lol :lol: :innocent: :p

Did you know that Ai Maeda, I'm not sure if that's the same artist who done Japanese voices in Digimon and such, but I found out that her high pitch voice matches Mariah Carey's voice.

Did you know that Ai Maeda, I'm not sure if that's the same artist who done Japanese voices in Digimon and such, but I found out that her high pitch voice matches Mariah Carey's voice.

Mariah (and Shanice Wilson & Chante' Moore as well) got that from Minnie Riperton. Check out some of the material Minnie did while she was in the group "Rotary Connection".

J-jazz

Hiromi Uehara

main-news-12-515x318.jpg

With the ability to mix traditional jazz with electronica and Eastern inspirations, Hiromi Uehara is not only a virtuoso pianist, but an independent, visionary style icon. She reveals herself in an exclusive video interview with The New Yooxer.

At first glace, she looks as if she could be the featured star of a video by the Japanese artist Mairko Mori, but attending one of her concerts is like participating in a “happening”, each one remarkable for its overwhelming strength and hypnotic sound. Her look is post-punk – a bit romantic, a bit bohemian, she’s married to the designer Mihara Yasuhiro, and she talks to The New Yooxer about her latest album “Place To Be”, revealing small details about her artistic life.​

I'm really digging Capsule and Perfume right now. I do like Ali Project, but a lot of their stuff sounds similar. I will admit that I was super depressed when I found out that Do As Infinity broke up. They're back together now though.

I'm surprised this chick that goes by the stage name DOUBLE seems so underrated; her name is Takako. She, along with her late sister Sachiko were a band hench the stagename, but unfortunately she died in 1999 even before their debut album dropped. Since then, Takako retained the name and continued her career. I think she actually started the whole jrnb craze first. Really great material I must say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5XgVEWrssg

Crystal Kay is awesome. I used to listen to M-flo's songs

I love Se7en's songs released in Japan, too. Se7en is not from Japan, but I thought he was awesome there

Back