Who here likes (liked??) Hanson?

Miss_Muffett_379

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin,
Who here was a fan? :jump: They're amazing! I was obsessed with them about ten years ago :wub: and i wanted to marry the little one lol. I must admit that i forgot about them shortly afterwards but I recently found a copy of their 'underneath' CD on ebay. ^_^ I was so impressed with them that i've bought all their other ones including their 'underneath' DVD which is one of their acoustic shows they did a few years ago. Now im a fan again!! :woohoo: I stil have all my posters of them (but i dont hang them in my room any more!) Although, maybe i should.........

I really have only heard Mmm Bop. Great, catchy, song. But apart from that I haven't really heard anything from them. But I've heard they're a lot better now as musicians and songwriters because they've matured. It's funny that I remember them as little kids but now they've all got kids of their own.

When they were HUGE in 1997-98 My friend had this thing for them, every other word that came out of her mouth was HANSON... I Have their first CD Somewhere...

I liked their first album, and I used to own it, but to be honest I haven't followed them since. I've heard that they've matured and started doing more artistic music than Mmmbop.

I begrudgingly liked Mmm Bop. A lot of 90s songs are like that. Shamefully enjoyable.

I remember this 90's SNL Skit with the Hanson Brothers, Will Ferrell, and some girl they were in a elevator and they took the Hanson Brothers hostage, making them listening to Mmm Bop over and over again because they suffered so much by listening to it. It was only funny cause the Hanson Bros were kind of making fun of themselves but I defintly remember a time where everytime I turned on the freakin radio MMBOP was playing.

I remember this 90's SNL Skit with the Hanson Brothers, Will Ferrell, and some girl they were in a elevator and they took the Hanson Brothers hostage, making them listening to Mmm Bop over and over again because they suffered so much by listening to it. It was only funny cause the Hanson Bros were kind of making fun of themselves but I defintly remember a time where everytime I turned on the freakin radio MMBOP was playing.

The Hanson brothers have a pretty good sense of humor. I remembered on VH1's top 90s hits countdown, they were talking about the Hanson diss in "You've Got The Music In You" ("...Hanson, Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson. You're all fakes. Run to your mansions. Come around. We'll kick your ass in!"), and the Hanson brothers were laughing and joking about it like it was the most awesome thing ever.

I don't know alot of songs, but I've always loved Mmmbob. They were so cute. The youngest played drums, didn't he? I think I had a bit of a crush on him :lol:

^^^ He's still so cute!! :wub:
Honestly, if any of u come across their later albums u will become fans again, they are still so good! :woohoo: They disappeared a few yrs after their second album cos they had a big falling out with their record lable. They wanted to branch out and do their own thing, but they weren't allowed to, so there was a fight and i think they started their own lable thingy. There was a documentry about it called 'strong enough to break' about all this (and record companies in general) cos it was such a prob for them (and for other artists), but i've only ever seen the preview for this.

They are good, yes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kegmHhwpzMQ

Last edited:
I started listening to Hanson again a few months back.. They're excellent! Their new album 'The Walk' is excellent! 'Great divide' is the most played song on my ipod.. even beating MJ! When I heard them after so many years, I was shocked at how much they've matured!

Really though, I'd recommend them to everyone.. They've gone from bubble gum pop to their own.

They also do alot of charity work for Africa and AIDS.

Last edited:
Back