Grease!

Bob George

Proud Member
Who likes Grease. I love it. It's probably one of my favourite movies ever. I've seen the stage musical. I didn't like it nearly half as much as the movie. Granted it was done by college students, not professional broadway actors, but still.

I also love Grease 2. It's so underrated but it is in ways better than the original.

What I love most about the movies is the music. That's why I posted it in this forum instead of GDv3. My favourite Grease songs are...

Grease is the Word
Those Magic Changes
Born to Hand Jive
Sandy (Stranded at the Drive-In)
There Are Worst Things I Could Do
You're the One That I Want
We Go Together
Score Tonight
Cool Rider
Reproduction
Prowlin'
We'll Be Together

what are you favourite songs and what do you think of Grease 2?

Last edited:
Grease 2 is alright, Defintly loved the first one better. I think I read something about them wanting to remake it or something?

My favorite songs from grease are..

grease
Sandy (Fell in "love" with John after Why-y-y-y-y-y)
You're the one I want
Summer Nights
Hopelessly devoted to you

They better not remake either Grease 1 or Grease 2. But it would be interesting to see a Grease 3 if made by the right people and not just a money grabber starring Zac Efron and Ashley Tisdale.

I LOVE this movie!

My favorite songs from it are

Grease
Summer Nights
Sandy (stranded at the drive-in) - i like at the end in the movie behind him that hot dog jumps in that bun :lol:
Beauty School Drop-Out
There Are Worse Things I Could Do
We Go Together
You're The One That I Want

Too bad what has happened to Kenicke tho :( He was soooo cute and so good in that movie!

Well I think he was one of the only main actors in the movie who had been in the broadway show, so after the movie he probably just went back to broadway and probably still performs on broadway to this day.

I think he's doing better now, he made a few appearances in 2007 & 2006 + He's got some new films coming out!! He looks the same, but gained some weight.. He sang with a bunch of former child actors in the movie "Dickie roberts"

jeff_conaway2.jpg

Ahhhh Kenicke :wub: lol

Apparently Henry Winkler was originally cast as Danny but he pulled out because he thought he would get typecast. So they went for John Travolta who was their second choice. Lucky. I think Henry Winkler would've sucked as Danny.

Apparently Henry Winkler was originally cast as Danny but he pulled out because he thought he would get typecast. So they went for John Travolta who was their second choice. Lucky. I think Henry Winkler would've sucked as Danny.

The Fonz?! lol
Omg hed have been great in that role!

Grease, Oh my life i love this film. One of my favs. Never get board of it. John Travolta was slick! All the songs in that film are just fantasic. Classic.

Hmm grease 2, i thought it was abit poop tbf. Couldn't watch all of it.

Grease 1 is brill, i know all the songs to it:D.
Grease 2 was a load of crap, i mean come on, the story line was completly ridiculous, that must of been a box office flop.

The story line was excellent. It was kind of like Romeo and Juliet with the Montagues and Capulets. Michael was in love with Steph, but she was off limits to him because she was a Pink Lady and the Pink Lady code says they can only date T Birds. So Michael has to sneak around as this "cool rider" guy and him and Steph end up sort of dating in secrecy until the T Birds find out and forbid her from seeing him again and threaten to kill him if she does. Well, she does see him again and the T Birds find out about it so they chase Michael down to kill him but he ends up falling into a ditch and they presume he's dead anyway. But at the end of the movie it turns out he didn't die and he reveals his true identity and they make him a T Bird. I think that's a brilliant story. Way more depth to it than Grease 1.

Yeah Grease 2 was great but i think its just that Grease 1 was so fantastic that it pretty much squashes the other one. lol
Like with Home Alone - movies like that. Sometimes you just dont need a number 2.

One of the greatest movie soundtracks ever! The movie is great as well. Love both.

Back