The HIStory Tour Experience?

SShanique

Proud Member
Did anybody experience it or know anything about it? If so, please school us on first of all, that statues that were set up to advertise it. Did they work? Also, how was attendance? Were there great numbers? Also, how was the show for those of us who can only see it on Youtube.

The show was fantastic :D I went four times 3 nights at Wembley stadium and once in paris.. managed to get front row one of the nights too :yes:

We had one of the Statues floating down the river Thames here in London. Not sure if it helped sales but just remember the bad press saying about him having a big ego e.c.t :rolleyes:

That's hot! I can't believe you went so many times. Was it expensive?

No not at all.. The tickets were something like £27.50 four times is not a lot compared to the amount of nights some fans went lol I also had a ticket for Belgium too but that show was cancelled due to the death of Princess Diana and I didnt get to go back for the rescheduled date

I felt HIStory was his weakest live show. It was virtually all mimed and I just felt he didn't want to be there. His admission that he hates touring in Private Home Movies a few years later proved it.

I saw the show twice and was lucky enough to see Bad & Dangerous live as well and HIStory pales in comparison.

I think if it would have been live I would have enjoyed it much, much more. But miming to nigh on 20 year vocals in the Off The Wall medley seemed ridiculous. Also some routines we'd seen many times before (e.g. Billie Jean).

I'm sorry, I know this seems negative, so I'll leave it on the fact that even a mediocre MJ show is way better than the majority of all other artists.

I have experienced 2 HIStory concerts, both in Finland.

And I wouldn't change those days for anything, ever! :girl_love:

I felt HIStory was his weakest live show. It was virtually all mimed and I just felt he didn't want to be there. His admission that he hates touring in Private Home Movies a few years later proved it.

I saw the show twice and was lucky enough to see Bad & Dangerous live as well and HIStory pales in comparison.

I think if it would have been live I would have enjoyed it much, much more. But miming to nigh on 20 year vocals in the Off The Wall medley seemed ridiculous. Also some routines we'd seen many times before (e.g. Billie Jean).

I'm sorry, I know this seems negative, so I'll leave it on the fact that even a mediocre MJ show is way better than the majority of all other artists.

Regrettably I couldn't attend a Bad concert, but I've attended a Dangerous and a HIStory concert. Dangerous was much better IMO. Though I have to agree with your last sentence.

Attending a Michael Jackson concert is the experience of a lifetime! That atmosphere is second to none. Michael and the fans together are amazing! If only I could attend at least one Bad concert. As I can see in the documentaries fans were the craziest then. That was really Michaelmania all over the world. I haven't seen any star's or performer's fans acting, behaving so crazy!!!!!!!!!! :wild: What an undescribable effect he has on us???!!! It's really incredible.

Last edited:

Yeah... But in that time he was going through a lot of family stuff. His new marriage and the birth of his son.. I wouldn't want to be overseas when I had a newborn baby at home. They are only little for so long.

BUT. If I'm going to see any concert, I'd much rather listen to a LIVE performance rather then Lip singing.

I went to see him at the opening show in Prague in the Czech Republic on the 7th of September 1996. It was amazing. He did Come Together, D.S. and The Way You Make Me Feel. There were supposed to be about 140,000 at that concert. I also went to two Paris concerts, two Amsterdam concerts and in Dublin in 1997.

It was a great show but the HIStory Tour wasn't as good as the Dangerous Tour or the Bad Tour - where he had much more energy.

I even know of somebody who saw 26 HIStory concerts!

the history tour was still groundbreaking! and still an amzing show miming or not. i enjoy them..wish i cudda went

^ yes, the tour as a whole was groundbreaking! I remember the advertisement was very good, since the first concert in Prague I watched many, many reports on the TV...
when i went to the concert in Bucharest, I remember posters were all over the city, I was so overwhelmed, wow! The feeling was amazing...
you asked about the attendance, well, about 60 000 I think :) Honestly you must watch the concert on the TV to be able to express an opinion about the show itself, because when you are there, at the stadium, you don't think about the show so much, you only look at Michael and you enjoy this indescribable feeling :)
I know that nowhere else so many people attended a History concert as in Prague. I have a close friend there, she described me the situation was just crazy. It was said on the TV that the citizens of Prague who don't like M.Jackson must leave the city while he is there! Crazy :) Many buses' timetables were changed, some trams/buses even stopped while Michael was there! Wow! The statue of Michael in Prague was at a very nice place, from where the whole city is to be seen(I have been at that place, unfortunately not when Michael was there) and just ahead I could see Michael's hotel "Inter-continental"...this pic I found in the net :)

When I was in Vienna(02.07.1997) the stadium was again full, but as I mentioned nothing like Prague! (maybe around 40 000 people) I didn't feel this "crazy" atmosphere as in Bucharest the previous year. When I went in front of Michael's hotel, many strangers who just passed by were asking me why there is a crowd... I was disappointed that so many people didn't know Michael was supposed to arrive. A main street was just behind us, the fans, and the people from the cars and buses were staring at us, wondering what's up...
anyway...
these are my impressions as whole:)

Back