New Kids On The Block Stage Comeback

Victory2004

Proud Member
New Kids On The Block Stage Comeback
By Eileen Finan and Julie Jordan
Originally posted Saturday January 26, 2008 02:00 PM EST

New Kids on the Block circa 1989
Photo by: Neal Preston / CORBIS
After months of speculation and rumor, the Kids are coming back. A well-placed source tells PEOPLE exclusively that New Kids On The Block are indeed getting back together.
The band's Web site, www.nkotb.com, which had been dormant, is now back up and running in anticipation of the official announcement, which the source says will be made in the next few weeks.
The site currently features a television graphic with a fuzzy, flickering photos of NKOTB in their heyday, and a link inviting fans to sign up for info.
The boy band, which made legions of tweens swoon in the early '90s, selling more than 50 million albums, became a worldwide phenomenon before calling it quits in 1994.
Eighteen years later, they're still "Hangin' Tough." The oldest "Kid," Jonathan Knight, now a real estate developer, will turn 40 later this year. Since the band's demise, former members Donnie Wahlberg, 38, and Joey McIntyre, 35, have seen acting success, while Danny Wood, 38, has worked as a music producer and Knight's brother, Jordan, 37, has continued to record. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174022,00.html

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this whatever it is. Personally, I hope it's a new album. NKOTB is one of my favorite bands of all time. I was in middle school when "Hangin' Tough" came out. And I was just entering high school when "Step By Step" was released. Oh, the memories. I'm so glad to hear they're coming back.

Hmm. All these old boy/girl bands getting back together. :lol:

Last edited:
Are you kidding me! NKOTB coming back? :D
I was like 11-12 when they were IN and I remember I was so mad at my parents for not letting me to go to see them, when they did a concert in my hometown! *still trying figure out how to avenge back* :lol:

*goes to watch some NKOTB vids on Youtube* OH MY, I can still remember the lyrics! :rolleyes: :lol:

i was in love with Donnie

:girl_love: Jordan :girl_sigh:

New Kids on the Block Singer Slams Reunion Report
Sorry New Kids on the Block fans: Despite a Saturday People.com report, there won’t be a reunion anytime soon.
“I wanted to address the rumors of the NKOTB Reunion Tour,” former boy-bander Danny Wood wrote on his MySpace blog this morning. “There has been no talk of this and you are getting it from the source directly.
He later added, “You can’t believe everything you read.”
Still, he hinted: “Never say never!”
Can’t wait that long? Wood says he’s releasing a solo disc in March.
He signed off his post, “Dwood.”
http://usmagazine.com/new_kids_on_the_bloc..._reunion_report

Dammit! :banghead And I was already getting in 'Step By Step' mood in case they would do concerts! :lol: Boohoo, no Jordan performing 'Baby I Believe In You' topless, showing off his... uhm.. very touchable upper body! :girl_cry:

Oh well. When and if they actually do something it will be worth the wait. But I have to admit that I am disappointed about this. People magazine published the article claiming NKOTB were coming back. Why didn't they check this out completely before saying something like that?

Last edited:
I love their song Tonight but that would be really funny and weird if they would return :lol:

Oh well. When and if they actually do something it will be worth the wait. But I have to admit that I am disappointed about this. People magazine published the article claiming NKOTB were coming back. Why didn't they check this out completely before saying something like that?

No matter what or who they are talking about, how many tabloid usually checks if the story is true or not? :rolleyes:

New Kids On The Block Preview a New Song

There's a new ballad on the block.
Nearly 14 years after breaking up, the '90s boy band New Kids On The Block are back with a new ballad on their official Web site.
The song (its name isn't revealed) plays over a promotional video for the band that says the Kids once had it all – a $1 billion in album sales, millions of fans, with music that "influenced a generation" – but then "walked away from it all."
The video next teases the a comeback, asking: "Are you ready?"
The song, a source says, was recorded by all five Kids last November in Orlando.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20...080130-20174771

^^ So, have they decided to get back together or not? They can't have it both ways. :lol:

New Kids On The Block, 98 Degrees, And Boyz II Men: Boy Bands To Go On Tour Together

01/22/13 01:51 PM ET EST

NKOTB is teaming up with Boyz II Men and 98 Degrees.

NEW YORK — New Kids On the Block, 98 Degrees and Boyz II Men are teaming up for a summer tour.

The groups announced "The Package Tour" on Tuesday morning on "The View" and also performed. It's the first time on tour in 12 years for 98 Degrees.

New Kids On the Block also announced a new single, "Remix (I Like The)," will be released Jan. 28 and a new album, "10," is out April 2.

The three bands sold millions of records in the 1980s and '90s and helped usher in a wave of vocal groups that continues today.

The tour starts May 31 in Uncasville, Conn., and continues into July with more than 30 dates.

___

Online:

http://thepackage-tour.com

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/new-kids-on-the-block-98-degrees-boyz-ii-men_n_2527790.html

Last edited:
Feb 7 2013 3:30 PM EST

New Kids On The Block 'Returned To Our Roots' For New Album
10 drops on April 2, ahead of the group's Package Tour with 98 Degrees and Boyz II Men.
By Jocelyn Vena with reporting by Kelly Marino

Step by step, the New Kids on the Block are inching closer to the release of their brand-new studio album, 10.

Fans have already gotten a taste of what the April 2 release will sound like, thanks to its lead throwback single, "Remix (I Like the)." And while it's not completely indicative of 10's groove from beginning to end, it certainly does give the right idea of what the guys have in mind.

"Sonically, ['Remix' is] sort of out there; it's more a fun song," Donnie Wahlberg told MTV News. "It's a little more retro [and] it kicks the doors open. We haven't put an album out in five years, so we wanted to come back with something that had a lot of energy and spirit and while it is sort of a unique sound to the album, what's not unique about it and what's consistent throughout the whole album is our passion and commitment to the song."

That means fans of the group's ear-catching harmonies just might fall in love with 10. "We really, really worked hard, every guy in the group vocally, and sort of returned to our roots," Wahlberg continued. "We're spilling our guts with our singing. We really went back to our vocal roots. Everybody sang and everybody's a part of it. It's more of a traditional vocal group record."

On Wednesday, the guys dropped the 11-song track list for the release. In addition to giving fans all new music in the coming months, NKOTB are also prepping to hit the road this summer on the Package Tour, which includes tourmates 98 Degrees and Boyz II Men.

But on this tour, don't expect too much band crossover like when the guys toured with the Backstreet Boys.

"Boyz II Men have not done an arena tour," Wahlberg said. "98 Degrees is doing their first show together in 12 years, so it's a big deal. We're doing our first tour with just us [without Backstreet Boys] in three years, so we are going to put on our show, and they are going to put on theirs."

The full tracklist for NKOTB's 10 standard issue is:
»"We Own Tonight"
»"Remix (I Like The)"
»"Take My Breath Away"
»"Wasted On You"
»"Fighting Gravity"
»"Miss You More"
»"The Whisper"
»"Jealous (Blue)"
»"Crash"
»"Back To Life"
»"Now Or Never Survive You"

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1701559/new-kids-on-the-block-new-album-roots.jhtml

Back