Who is in your opinion the queen of pop?

Memia

Proud Member
My opinion on this is that there is no queen of pop, because if there were it would be obvious, like it is with Michael.

But people I've heard called queen of pop is Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, Janet Jackson, Madonna and Mariah Carey.

IMO Whitney or Janet deserves the crown.

Who would you say is the queen of pop?

My opinion on this is that there is no queen of pop, because if there were it would be obvious, like it is with Michael.

But people I've heard called queen of pop is Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, Janet Jackson, Madonna and Mariah Carey.

IMO Whitney or Janet deserves the crown.

Who would you say is the queen of pop?
If I were to chose anyone it would either be Whitney or Diana. Nobody else has done anything to move me.

Madonna definitely. She has the biggest hits out of all of these. Honestly, Janet and Diana Ross don't have hits as big as Madonna's. Plus she is still on top. She sings worst out of all these, but she is ... Madonna. Even my grandma knows about her. Her and Michael out of all the world stars.

maddonna because shes the artist who is really pop. the others are R&B etc

Madonna just because she's the biggest selling female artist. I know art is about much, much more than sales, and I don't even think about that stuff when I listen to music personally, but I don't get when people try to argue titles like "king" or "queen" on their own personal taste, even if someone else is the most successful. And I'm not even a fan of Madonna's music really, so I apply it here too.

Last edited:

I know it's just a saying ( the QOP, or KOP thing) but as u said above

I also agree that no one has definitively taken the title in a way that should be obvious to everybody who the "queen" is. If I were to name one, though, I'd go with Madonna for reasons mentioned.

Madonna is obviously the Queen of Pop but i don't like her as much as i like Janet.
i remember Matt Lauer calling Janet the Queen of Pop once and the look on her face was priceless. she like scrunched up her nose and was laughing. it was too funny.

Yeah you guys are right, if someone should have it Madonna is closest.

First I ment who I'd like to be the queen, but beeing objective, Madonna wins.

I don't care about sales and that because I don't believe they should accredited to the artist but rather the artist's record company because they are the ones selling it. The artist's job is to make great music and going by that the Queen of Pop IMO is Kylie Minogue. She makes great pop music. She puts of amazing shows. She's a battler. She embodies pop. Some could argue Madonna does the same. But I just prefer Kylie. Kylie is MY Queen of Pop.

prob. madonna only cuz she's had a longer and more successful career...not just her solo career but the artists she launched on her maverick label...prodigy, cleopatra, m'shell ndegocello? *can't spell it!* and alanis...

even though i'm not a huge fan of hers these days, i have a lot of respect for madonna. she started out with nothing and became an icon, so i would prob. list her as the queen of pop....

Madonna definitely. She has the biggest hits out of all of these. Honestly, Janet and Diana Ross don't have hits as big as Madonna's. Plus she is still on top. She sings worst out of all these, but she is ... Madonna. Even my grandma knows about her. Her and Michael out of all the world stars.

agree,shes like the female MJ

It has to be Madonna. The only artist that comes close to MJ. Muscially and in terms of achievement.

Id have to say Madonna IMO. Kinda predictable but she's always had a constant flow of hits coming out.

absolutely not!
There is no "female MJ"

and quoting one of the polish journalists "there is an interregnum" right now
so Michael's comback (and I mean it)as he is the only pop ruler is a Must.

I would have to say Britney Spears. Yeah she hasnt done great recently but shes the one who everyone wonders about.
Shes much more liked than Madonna ever was.

^ and IMO her music is better. People will probably laugh at this, but I think "Baby One More Time" is one of the best pop songs ever.

yeah but success wise, not talent wise.

if i were to choose , i'd pick Jennifer Lopez. but she is more of an r'n'b artist i guess. although she is pop too. whatever I just think she is amazing :)

I would have to say Britney Spears. Yeah she hasnt done great recently but shes the one who everyone wonders about.
Shes much more liked than Madonna ever was.

I don't like her that much (couple of songs) but I think she is the princess of pop. Cuz she is not even 30 , and being a queen would make her kinda older. She is still young.

Last edited:
^ and IMO her music is better. People will probably laugh at this, but I think "Baby One More Time" is one of the best pop songs ever.

It actually is :lol:
That song and video pretty much changed the course of pop music.

I don't like her that much (couple of songs) but I think she is the princess of pop. Cuz she is not even 30 , and being a queen would make her kinda older. She is still young.

I dont like things she does and says but uve gotta give credit where credit is due...in her time she was untouchable.
It dosent matter what age they are to be called that - i mean its just my opinion that she deserves that name. If you ask people who they like better (disregarding their personal/public antics) ill bet they would say they liked Britney over Madonna.

Back