Have you ever has a song touch you so much

TUSALMJ

Guests
Have you ever had a song touch you so much that you wanted to curl up in it and die? I mean, not really die, just, it touches you so greatly and says just exactly what you want to say, making it so hard to believe that a song like this even exists. Just so pure, and so truthful that you can't even properly explain it. So much truth in words and melody.

Just wondering.

-D

That happens to me all the time. There are so many songs that just take me to another world and I absolutely lose myself in. Great music can have great power over the listener. You know you're listening to a great song when if in those 4-5 minutes it seems like nothing else exists but that song. It's like the world, the universe, yourself are all non-existence and all that exists is this one song. It just takes you over and you actually forget everything about everything. You don't know who you are, you don't know where you are, you are completely numb to the power of the song.

I know what you mean. One song that really touches me is "The Tuning Of Violins" by Darren Hayes, the melody is just beautiful.

When i first herd November Rain when i bought Guns 'n' Roses greatist hits i absaloutly fell in love with it the song has touched me in soooo many ways its hard to explain but its one awsome song

All the time! At the mo' is the song called "Anyways". Its such an uplifting song!

i have 3 ...can i have 3 please ?
1>fall again
2>one more chance
and 3>keep the faith .
all from michael

Last edited:
I have so many songs that carry me away. A few of them are.

Will You Be There- Michael Jackson

No More Rain-Kylie Minogue

One And One-Robert Miles and Maria Naylor

I'm Free-Kenny Loggins

Great songs guys. Thanks for taking the time to post!

Mine is Leave Right Now by Will Young. The melody is awesome, and the lyrics say exactly what I want to say to somebody. Argh.....just mixed emotions and I've yet to figure out what they mean.

-D

Imagine - John Lennon
What A Wonderful World - Louie Armstrong
The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby
Gaining One's Definition - Common
Hurricane - Bob Dylan

a few non-MJ tracks off the top of my head :)

That's what I call "songs with mojo" LOL

I have a whole playlist of them.

1. Always & Forever - Heatwave version
2. Black Butterfly - Deniece Williams
3. For All Time - MJ
4. God's Grace- Trin-I-Tee 57
5. Human Nature- MJ
6. I can't Make You love Me- Bonnie Raitt
7. Overjoyed- Stevie Wonder
8. Someone Put Your Hand Out- MJ
9. Special- Janet Jackson
10. Wish You Were Here- Pink Floyd
11. Zoom - The Commodores
12. No Such Thing- John Mayer

Sam Cooke-A Change Is Gonna Come
Queen-Bohemian Rhapsody
2pac-Dear Mama
2Pac-Keep Ya Head Up
Prince-Purple Rain
Prince-The Beautiful Ones
Smokey Robinson-Being With You
The Supremes-My World Is Empty Without You
John Lennon-Imagine
Jackson 5-Who's Lovin' You
The Beatles-Yesterday
Aaliyah-At Your Best (You Are Loved)
James Brown-It's A Man's World
Stevie Wonder-Lately
Mary J. Blige-I'm Goin' Down
Tina Turner-I've Been Loving You Too Long
Bob Marley-Three Little Birds
Bob Marley-Redemption Song
Tammi Terrell-All I Do Is Think Of You
Marvin Gaye-What's Going On
Marvin Gaye-Mercy Mercy Me
MJ-Stranger In Moscow
MJ-Human Nature
MJ-We've Had Enough
MJ-Will U Be There
The Isley Brothers-Footsteps In The Dark
Stephanie Mills-Love Like This Before
Rick James & Teena Marie-Fire & Desire
Red Hot Chilli Peppers-Under The Bridge
Sade-Is It A Crime

AND MUCH MORE!!!

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever been touched by a song more than Maggot Brain by Funkadelic or Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd.

Last edited:
Have you ever had a song touch you so much that you wanted to curl up in it and die? I mean, not really die, just, it touches you so greatly and says just exactly what you want to say, making it so hard to believe that a song like this even exists. Just so pure, and so truthful that you can't even properly explain it. So much truth in words and melody.

Just wondering.

-D
Try Vaugh Williams, 'LarK Ascending':D

Oh yeah defintely! There are many songs that have moved me in recent years, but the only I can think of right now is Mariah Carey's Anytime You Need A Friend. I cried a few times while listening to it. :boohoo: :listeningtomusic: :cloud9:

My Immortal (band version) by Evanescence always makes me feel the exact same way... I get shivers when the band kick in. The guitar is amazing. I LOOOOOOOOOVE EVANESCENCE!

ooooh yes, Iris is a great song.

also songs that make me shiver are "one" by u2 and MJB (cuz without her the song is kinda dead) and "happy ending" by Mika

'Dance with My Father Again' by Luthor Van Dross

It is a beautiful song but for the longest time I would switch stations or turn the radio when it came one because it was too painful to listen to. I can finally listen, but it too a long time and it still hurts. I was actually in tears in my car when I heard it the first time and had a hard time keeping driving.

'Lightning Crashes' is another one. My son recorded it once singing and playing guitar and I feel even more moved by his version but the original is also very moving.

I know there have been others in the past but I can't think of them right now.

corny but long ago, Lovin' You by the awesome Minnie Riperton was playing in the background and this song that i've never heard before just made me stop and listen. not many songs do that to my subconscious. her voice, writing-style and Stevie Wonder's production just spoke to me. when i hear it nowadays it's mainly nostalgia that strums my emotions.

There are quite a few of them. Most of them was written by Michael.

They Won't Go When I Go - Stevie Wonder
Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell
Telling Stories - Tracy Chapman
One More Try - George Michael

Last edited:
That happens to me all the time. There are so many songs that just take me to another world and I absolutely lose myself in. Great music can have great power over the listener. You know you're listening to a great song when if in those 4-5 minutes it seems like nothing else exists but that song. It's like the world, the universe, yourself are all non-existence and all that exists is this one song. It just takes you over and you actually forget everything about everything. You don't know who you are, you don't know where you are, you are completely numb to the power of the song.

Great post and choice of words. I agree completely, that is exactly what happens when I listen to songs like that and I truly feel music is one of the best natural highs in the world, if not the best. Songs with wings, with fluidity that take the listener into a new, magical dimension. Why should drugs be needed? Daily doses of wonderful music take you there like nothing else.

A few of such moving songs for me are:

"Will You Be There" (Michael Jackson); "Mercy Me" (Marvin Gaye); "Zion" (Lauryn Hill); "Ocean Drive" (Lighthouse Family); "Dreamer" (The Jacksons); "We Have All The Time In The World" (Louis Armstrong); "9 Million Bycicles" (Katie Melua); "Run To You" (Whitney Houston); "When I fall In Love" (Natalie and Nat King Cole); "Life For Rent" (Dido), "Speed of Sound" (Coldplay); "Rocket Love" (Stevie Wonder) and many more.

Last edited:
I've had a couple of songs with that effect on me, but the one that instantly comes to mind is Smile (MJ), so much I try to avoid hearing it, it breaks me.

For example

Phil Collins ~ Another Day In Paradise
P. Diddy ~ I'll Be Missing You
Savage Garden ~ Truly, Madly, Deeply
Spice Girls ~ Viva Forever
Celine Dion ~ My Heart Will Go On

and of course some of Michael's songs ^_^

Back