29th Jan, 2008: Michael Jackson News and Mentionings

L.J

Proud Member
Hey Hey kids!!! :hippy:

Today's news is fairly quiet, just a few more news groups reporting the plans for the superbowl and the coming release of T25. And MJ's message.

MICHAEL Jackson has recorded a star-studded remake of his hit album Thriller.

The 49-year-old star says the new record - released to mark the 25th anniversary of the LP's original release - will be a "special treat" featuring "a lot of surprise guests".
Speaking in a video message at Saturday's NRJ Music Awards in Cannes, France, Jackson - who was honoured with a Lifetime Achievement award - said: "There is a lot more to come from Michael Jackson. I'm coming back. And I've got a very special treat for all my fans.
"I have been recording 'Thriller: 25th Anniversary' with a lot of surprise guests'."
Thriller is the biggest selling album ever, having sold more than 104 million copies worldwide since its November 1982 release.
It has already been revealed the LP will include a duet with Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am, who will replace Sir Paul McCartney on hit The Girl Is Mine.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,23125195-7484,00.html

Check out the Thriller 25 Subforum for all you Thriller kicks :p

You can post about the Superbowl plans and speculation here:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43613

You can post about the up coming grammy's here:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45105

You can post about the message michael left here:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44860

Michael Jackson HIStory:

1996 - Michael Jackson was named Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist at the 23rd annual American Music Awards.

MJJC Tip of the Day:

Go to the main site and read some great blogs by members and leave a comment. :wild: :wild:

Thanks for that, I love the idea of posting all those daily mentionings here instead of making 981758718975978451 threads...
I'm so proud of myself, I've just discoverd the blog & grups thing :toofunny:

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I love the idea of posting all those daily mentionings here instead of making 981758718975978451 threads...
I'm so proud of myself, I've just discoverd the blog & grups thing :toofunny:

Yeah :) the daily News thread is a really awesome ^_^

Glad you've found the blog and group functions :D They're awesome :cool:

I should do a new blog soon too :yes:

" I'm coming back. And I've got a very special treat for all my fans. "

How come all the news sources are repeating this same story
with the bogus quote ... Michael did not say "Im coming back "
at in that exeptance speech _ It's just another way for them
to act like he's a has been ... and has to come back .. (sheesh)

I am convinced that the media is the devil and represents all that is evil. I stop listening to them completely now.:mello:

Last edited:
thanks for the article..

I think it would be cool if the Thriller CD/DVD had online capabilities.. even simple stuff like a little Thriller 2-D game. Trivia. Wallpapers. unlock a rare piece of footage.. Something on those lines..

Last edited:
Day 99: What the media don't show about Michael Jackson the business man -

......Martin Bandier is doing the job MJ hired him to do..

Sony ATV
Guitar World Signs Sony/ATV for New Tabs

January 28, 2008 — 09:46 PM PST — by Kristen Nicole

Last month Guitar World added a new feature called Tabs, which granted users to access ad-supported and premium guitar tabs and transcriptions on its site. Today Guitar World is taking things to the next level, and has teamed up with Sony/ATV Music Publishing in order to provide even more content for the recently added Tabs section.

sony-atv.png
This is Guitar World’s first major deal with a large record label, solidifying and adding even more credibility to its legal framework for sharing transcripts to users. Could this be seen as another stream of revenue for the record labels? As many of the larger entities in the music industry fight a good amount of the technological advances (at least they do at first), it’s been worrisome, and even painful at times, to watch the struggle between startups, catalogs like iTunes, and the record labels as they all seek a way to monetize content and deliver it to end users in a legal manner.

But a deal such as this, made between Guitar World and Sony/ATV, is a step in the right direction, removing barriers for artists to further engage in the content they enjoy. We’re even seeing this model take shape in other forms, such as the one implemented by NowPlayIt, which offers music lessons from the pros, in a web-based network that the artists can directly take advantage of for monetization purposes.

http://mashable.com/2008/01/28/guitar-world-sony-atv/

Last edited:
Day 99: What the media don't show about Michael Jackson the business man -

......Martin Bandier is doing the job MJ hired him to do..

Sony ATV

Whoo, "Large record label indeed.
Something tells me that Sony/Atv is way more prestigeous than all the others out there and it is now the place to be.:D
Thanks Rasta Pasta.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/extendedplay/

Grammys don't need Michael Jackson

There is one question that will dominate the pre-Grammy discussion over the next week-and-a- half:
Will Michael Jackson appear on the telecast, or won't he?
Two days after the Feb. 10 awards, Sony's Legacy Recordings will release the 25th anniversary of "Thriller."
You can bet the mystery surrounding *****'s rumored appearance will drum up more hype for the release (witness this posting), which will certainly boost CBS ratings thanks to those curious to see what state Jackson is in. That's why I'm not expecting a firm answer anytime soon.
But here's hoping he's not in the Staples Center next weekend. For one, if he is, every other artist and performance will be overshadowed by talk of what Jackson will/or won't do, and what he will look like. And besides, the Grammys should honor the past year in music, not help sell a re-issue for Sony.
But more important, Jackson has already received a better tribute than the Grammys can provide. It came by way of Chicago rapper Rhymefest, who, along with Grammy-nominated producer Mark Ronson (Lily Allen, Amy Winehouse), has crafted a Jackson "dedication album," which takes inspiration from Jackson's work to create compelling new songs. I first learned about the project, dubbed "Man in the Mirror," via the blog of the Chicago Tribune's Greg Kot, and I haven't been able to stop listening since I downloaded it on Friday.
And speaking of downloading, one should head to the official Web site of Ronson's Allido Recordings (a label affiliated with Sony) or Rhymefest's MySpace page to download the project now. It's free, and these kind of unlicensed remixes have a tendency to disappear suddenly.
But Rhmyefest is able to do what major label marketing firms have failed at doing, and that's trim Jackson of the tabloid drama and bring the focus back to his music. Rhymefest sets out right away to humanize Jackson, and bring him down to earth, portraying him as a simple man from Gary, Ind., one who still has the power to unite a desperate community (see "Mike the Mentor"). He also inter-splices the album with brief, but always humorous, "conversations" with Jackson, in which Rhymefest's inserts himself into dialogue from Jackson interviews.

It's a tribute to a hero, but also a call to action. The 25th anniversary of "Thriller" comes bloated with extra tracks and remixes from will.i.am., Kanye West, Akon and Fergie, a disjointed smattering of superstars rather than a cohesive collection (as Rhymefest writes on his MySpace page, "As a fan, I expected a bit more"). By contrast, Rhymefest and Ronson have created a seamless offering, in which the rapper and the King of Pop play give-and-take with Jackson's songs of yore.
"Can't Make It" opens with a sample of "You Can't Win," and swipes and spices funk sounds over bombastic beats, mixing hip-hop dreams with a working-class reality. Rhymefest re-imagines "Dancing Machine" as a sparse club tune, and Rhymefest dramatically dances around a young Jackson covering "Ain't No Sunshine," re-crafting it as a song about tortured aspirations.
Rhymefest has more fun with Jackson's "Break of Down," turning it into the sly and soulful "Breakadown," in which he wonders what Jackson's share of the Beatles catalog is worth. "Don't Let Your Baby Catch You" becomes the playful "Foolin' Around," and the title track brings it to a show-stopping close, with Rhymefest asking what he's done to lose the trust of his own mother.
After listening to "Man in the Mirror," it's clear there's only one Jackson Grammy pairing worth hearing: Jackson & Rhymefest, a duo that would probably make CBS suits cringe.

Last edited:
That last article sounds as if someone is trying hard to push a certain tribute album and is scared of the competition put out by the man himself.

Very trite reasons given for not wanting a Michael Jackson appearance at the Grammys. Michael can't help if he overshadows anyone or anything.

That last article sounds as if someone is trying hard to push a certain tribute album and is scared of the competition put out by the man himself.

Very trite reasons given for not wanting a Michael Jackson appearance at the Grammys. Michael can't help if he overshadows anyone or anything.
Yes, it's like telling MJ that he can't go to any events cause he overshadows other stars, That is not his fault. Maybe if they had celebs wqith true talent MJ wouldn't overshadow them. Also, I didn't like the title, for many will read the headlines and stop there. That is contentious and cheap,

color me a fanatic...

but are all these reviewers using the rhymefest mixtape as backhanded compliments/digs directed at MJ?

as if a mixtape, not even created by the man, is better than anything MJ can put out.

color me a fanatic...

but are all these reviewers using the rhymefest mixtape as backhanded compliments/digs directed at MJ?

as if a mixtape, not even created by the man, is better than anything MJ can put out.
In a way I think they are. That's why I can't wait to hear this mixtape for myself. But, Mike seems to be doing pretty good so far on the charts and not everybody like hip hop. See, the thing they don't take into consideration when comparing Rhymefest's effort to Mike's is that MJ is super global. And like Mike said, "not everybody speak English." You have to be able to hum it and can't nobody hum no skit.

notice that the Mixtape take is on a label associated with Sony...

could it be that Mj and Sony had to give him the permission to do it???
and the timing.. right near T25...ummm???

anyways.. putting down Thriller.. is not the way....

notice that the Mixtape take is on a label associated with Sony...

could it be that Mj and Sony had to give him the permission to do it???
and the timing.. right near T25...ummm???

anyways.. putting down Thriller.. is not the way....

I completely agree

Sometimes, I think that this is what is going on . . .

Previously, Michael unexpectedly and surprisingly took the industry (and world) by storm (remember some of the earlier reviews weren't as glowing as everyone now makes like).

Now, there could be an attempt to control any forth coming storm because some know that just that would happen; Michael does overshadow others, not on purpose, but by natural talent and charisma. When he is judge honestly next to many others pushed as talented today, there is no doubt that the industry currently lacks something, even past the actual singing voices.

color me a fanatic...

Yeah man, that's what I think too. You ain't crazy.

Sometimes, I think that this is what is going on . . .

Previously, Michael unexpectedly and surprisingly took the industry (and world) by storm (remember some of the earlier reviews weren't as glowing as everyone now makes like).

Now, there could be an attempt to control any forth coming storm because some know that just that would happen; Michael does overshadow others, not on purpose, but by natural talent and charisma. When he is judge honestly next to many others pushed as talented today, there is no doubt that the industry currently lacks something, even past the actual singing voices.

Yup. Exactly. It's apparent even on their own that today's acts are lacking any real talent, so when compared to Michael, who is probably the most talented recording and performing artist to ever walk the planet, they look REALLY bad, lol.

Last edited:

lol I noticed that too!

But I'm happy it came from his own mouth that he still wants to make music! I'm so happy!!!

this was in the T25 Thread... this is where tabloid idiots are getting their info from and pretending they have the inside scoop..

Epic email to radio for WBSS single release to radio:

Michael Jackson w/ Akon
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008"

Celebrating the Thriller 25th Anniversary of the World's Biggest Selling Album of All Time

New CD Re-Package Available 2.12.08

The World's Biggest Album just got bigger featuring previously unreleased tracks with will.i.am, Fergie, Kayne West and Akon

Feb.3 Super Bowl XLII TV Spot

Feb.10 Grammy Tribute featuring will.i.am, Akon and Fergie

Mid-Feb. BET Honors include a tribute to Michael Jackson

Thriller 25 MySpace and Facebook launch January

Massive Press, TV, Radio, Online and Outdoor Advertising campaign to launch Feb. 1

Credit to sources MJJC and Miscellaneous

Back