"Rock with you" is "I want to eat you up" ?!

Laila666s

Proud Member
I couldnt stop laughing when I found this on wikipedia -

""Rock with You" was a successful single released by singer Michael Jackson1979. The original title was "I Want to Eat You Up", but it was quickly changed to fit Jackson's image."

does anyone know anything bout this?

so if that was the title, the chorus is suppose to go>

I wanna eat you up
eat you into day
I wanna eat you up
We're gonna eat the night away
:toofunny:

Sounds like a Wierd Al Yancovic parody to me!

""Rock with You" was a successful single released by singer Michael Jackson1979. The original title was "I Want to Eat You Up", but it was quickly changed to fit Jackson's image."

I wanna eat you up
eat you into day
I wanna eat you up

:lmao: This is just way toooo funny! Thanx for posting (and cheering me up!) :lmao:

I've heard the rumor that Rock With You was originally titled "I Want to Eat You Up. But I think that's just a rumor.

What is true, is that Rod Temperton wrote Rock With You as a funky up tempo song, and that Michael decided to slow down the tempo of the during the recording sessions for the Off The Wall album. The source of this is from Michael Jackson himself, as he said this in his 1988 autobiography Moonwalk.

Last edited:
Then I think Color Me Badd paid homage to mike by making:

I wanna sex you up
all...niiiiiggght
I wanna sex you up
sun...liiiiggghhtt

:toofunny: OMG, that made me laugh so hard. Ridiculous. I can't imagine the chorus going "I wanna eat you up all night..eat you till the day...I wanna eat you, eat the night away" :lol:

Last edited:
I seriously doubt that :toofunny: Maybe it was supposed to be a Weird Al song :toofunny:

Yeah, usually wikipedia is not that reliable. :D

But that would have been a HILARIOUS Weird Al song! :D

WOW!!! Michael wouldn't sing a song like that!!!!!!! especially not in otw times!!!
that would be hilarious...considering i only heard that from wiki........who knows...

It might be true. Wasn't Bad called Pee or something like that at one time or is that just another rumor?

I wanna eat you up
eat you into day
I wanna eat you up
LOL...whoever wrote that on wikipedia is pretty dumb....or has an active imagination! :lol:

It's been said however, that "Rock With You" isn't about dancing.........well, not the kind of dancing we thought it was about :lol: More like a horizontal mambo ^_^:lol:

Back