Word to the Badd!

MichaelJ1988

Proud Member
I was born in 1990 so I wouldn't remember this, but I just read the lyrics to Jermaine's song Word to the Badd! from 1991.

Reconstructed
Been abducted
Don't know who you are...
Once you were made
You changed your shade
Was your color wrong?
Could not turn back
It's a known fact
You were too far gone

Does anyone have any information on this and Michael's reaction? Apparently Jermaine changed them around to make them about a lover, but those are the original lyrics... hmmm....

I was born in 1990 so I wouldn't remember this, but I just read the lyrics to Jermaine's song Word to the Badd! from 1991.

Reconstructed
Been abducted
Don't know who you are...
Once you were made
You changed your shade
Was your color wrong?
Could not turn back
It's a known fact
You were too far gone

Does anyone have any information on this and Michael's reaction? Apparently Jermaine changed them around to make them about a lover, but those are the original lyrics... hmmm....

Yes, Jermaine confided to Michael that he had a brilliant producer and was ready to start work on his new album. Michael went behind his back and enticed his producer away so that when Jermaine was waiting for them they were with Michael. Jermaine was MAD and wanted to have words with Michael, but MJ refused to speak to him, so Jermaine did the only thing he knew would get his attention. He used tabloid gossip to write a song.
It did get Michael's attention. The 2 brothers fought, either verbally or physically, but they did. Mother ran upstairs and parted them. They cried on each others shoulder. Jermaine changed the lyrics and has supported Michael ever since.
Both brothers have forgotten the whole thing and probably laugh at it now, as brothers tend to do years down the line. If only fans could let it die too.:)

Last edited:
i didn;t know that but it is a good story.brothers do that but you got to let them figure out how to deal with their problems.and Michael and Jermaine are good friends now:)

i didn;t know that but it is a good story.brothers do that but you got to let them figure out how to deal with their problems.and Michael and Jermaine are good friends now:)
Yes, that's the thing that fans tend to forget, that siblings DO fight. Right now there is a massive fight going on with some of mine. It doesn't mean they don't love each other. MJ and Jermaine have solved thier problems and Jermaine has defended MJ numerous times on tv.:D

yeah exactly Datsymay

Throughout the trial you could see Jermaine's pain and frustration with the situation.
No one was gonna mess with his bro, only he can do that :p

Yes, Jermaine confided to Michael that he had a brilliant producer and was ready to start work on his new album. Michael went behind his back and enticed his producer away so that when Jermaine was waiting for them they were with Michael. Jermaine was MAD and wanted to have words with Michael, but MJ refused to speak to him, so Jermaine did the only think he knew would get his attention. He used tabloid gossip to write a song.
It did get Michael's attention. The 2 brothers fought, either verbally or physically, but they did. Mother ran upstairs and parted them. They cried on each others shoulder. Jermaine changed the lyrics and has supported Michael ever since.
Both brothers have forgotten the whole thing and probably laugh at it now, as brothers tend to do years down the line. If only fans could let it die too.:)
^_^tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yes, Jermaine confided to Michael that he had a brilliant producer and was ready to start work on his new album. Michael went behind his back and enticed his producer away so that when Jermaine was waiting for them they were with Michael. Jermaine was MAD and wanted to have words with Michael, but MJ refused to speak to him, so Jermaine did the only thing he knew would get his attention. He used tabloid gossip to write a song.

Thanks for the info :yes: I didn't know about Michael stealing Jermaine's producer and everything. Interesting...

Thanks for the info :yes: I didn't know about Michael stealing Jermaine's producer and everything. Interesting...
Yes, this is why we shouldn't judge people before we know all the facts. I am not condemning MJ either, cause that is just the type of thing that little brothers do to big brothers, not fair but it happens. Jermaine could have knocked out MJ's front teeth, but he penned a silly song instead. He changed the lyrics, but someone thought it would be funny to release it to radio anyway.
Notice when Jermaine was asked about the incident, he NEVER told anyone the real reason why he penned the song, he just said that he couldn't get in touch with MJ. Now that is real love for you.:D

Last edited:
Back