when artists can't stand one another

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
where do you come down on it and have you supported one artist in particular and Hated another artist just because your certain artist couldn't stand said person?? speak on it

also do you have family or friend members who dig a artist that you can't stand in part because a Artist you dig doesn't like them?

Not really. I tend to appreciate just the artist's music, and trying to seperate their personal lives from their art.

Not really. I tend to appreciate just the artist's music, and trying to seperate their personal lives from their art.

i agree with this.
i get really upset when people are like OMG this person sucks just because it's the cool thing not to like them or just because their favorite artist might hate someone. i think that's incredibly ignorant.
people should keep an open mind instead of attacking other people. if you don't like somone's music or acting abilities that's your own taste. other people might think differently.

i agree with this.
i get really upset when people are like OMG this person sucks just because it's the cool thing not to like them or just because their favorite artist might hate someone. i think that's incredibly ignorant.
people should keep an open mind instead of attacking other people. if you don't like somone's music or acting abilities that's your own taste. other people might think differently.

I agree too.

Not really i'm a Huge fan of Axl Rose and i know he and Kurt Kobin didn't get on to well but i've always hated Kurt mainly cause of his music it was awful but i didn't hate Kurt cause Axl didn't like him

Elvis Costello is the one name that comes to mind. I usually don't dislike artists just b/c they said something negative about my fave artist (s) because I think that's just silly, but i'm sorry-his comments about MJ annoyed me and although I was never a fan of his before, after he made those comments I couldn't stand him. I don't know if MJ dislikes him though, but he should lol.

Last edited:
wellllll, It only applies to mj! If someone says something bad about mj, then more than likely, i'll dislike them. I'll probably still listen to their music, but i wont like them. I know its a bit childish, but i cant really help it! but with anyone else, it doesnt really matter!!!

Well I particularly can't stand eminem because with him 'they made it' or 'he made it' popular to 'dislike' or 'bash' whomever.
I don't care if that's just an image thing or if he really feels that way.
If disrespect occurs I don't care too much why, someone is missing some education.
To me that little troll was always like a little always crying baby-brother endlessly annoying!

Tupac vs. Biggie!!!!!!!! that whole thing got bigger than it should have here in the States. i also hated the way people made it an East coast, West coast thing. that ended up becoming bigger than those two people. it made me as a tupac fan insult biggie sometimes like he was not as talented, but then i realized omg who cares. let me simply be a tupac fan and not get into that whole mess, that the media made worse. in a way now it seems biggie is still hyped up more in new york than tupac, but that shouldnt be, they were both artists!! who cares what they said to each other or where they were from or represented. enjoy the music simply and not get into their personal situations.

I think the majority of those beefs between artists are staged anyway so their opinions don't really affect me.

It doesn't affect me one way or the other. I know Prince is a big fan of Joni Mitchell, but I've never really heard any of her music. So I couldn't say if I like her or not. Stevie Wonder likes reggae, but I've heard very little of the genre, unless The Police & Culture Club or "Ob La Di Ob La Da" by The Beatles count, lol.

Elvis Costello is the one name that comes to mind. I usually don't dislike artists just b/c they said something negative about my fave artist (s) because I think that's just silly, but i'm sorry-his comments about MJ annoyed me and although I was never a fan of his before, after he made those comments I couldn't stand him. I don't know if MJ dislikes him though, but he should lol.
What did he say about MJ?.

Mariah v Eminem - I personally am not fond of either of them. Sure I listen to a couple of their tracks but their personalities? No way. They're both a disgrace to the music industry IMO - they need to make videos to attack each other and act like 12 year olds fighting in a playground.

Remember that MJ quote - "I have never attacked another fellow artist; great artists don't need to do that..." You need to therefore ask yourself, have MJ, Madonna and Prince ever attacked eachother or other artists with the similar status? I think you'll find that they haven't. Mariah Carey, Eminem, Britney Spears, JT, Kanye West on the other hand... Just goes to show how shite the world we live in is now. These people should be promoting peace, and show everyone that we are the world, but instead they have to attack one another which is so funny but disgraceful at the same time. The language used in Eminem's song "THE WARNING" is disgusting. I would sue him for using such language if I could. I can't believe Dr Dre wrote that song for him (stab at Mariah Carey if you didn't already know).

Yeah, I am guilty of doing this especially when it concerns Michael.

But I dont hate the artist, I just feel indifferent or ignore them.

Back