TGIM physical single in Australia?

mjlivesimmortal

Proud Member
I have no idea what's going on here but a few websites are saying that they have TGIM in stock. When I went into Sanity today they told me that all of their stores have it on order but none of them have it in stock. They told me that the release had probably been pushed back.

I went into another kinda independent store and asked them. They did a search and said they'd be getting it on 23rd February. Is this happening elsewhere?

Has anyone actually got a physical CD single yet?

I've had trouble finding a copy of the physical CD single too.

Here is what my local music stores have said:

JB Hi-Fi have had the single "on order" since before its release. They don't know when it is coming in.

HMV has the single listed in their system but don't have any on order.

Sanity doesn't stock physical CD singles anymore. I was able to download the track (but not the club mix or the demo) from their in-store digital kiosk.

I think the release of the CD single has either been delayed or cancelled due to the impact "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008" is having on Australian radio and iTunes.

Hulk

The site for Sony BMG Australia has no matches of TGIM single at all.

Last edited:
If stores are stocking it, it's an import. TGIM isn't a single here, WBSS is. We should have a physical single of that soon. :yes:

I contacted SonyBMG AUS. The current plan is to release "The Girl Is Mine 2008" in April.

I managed to buy a copy of the European 3-track CD single at Red Eye Records. They also had a copy of the 2-track CD single and the 12" vinyl single in stock.

Hulk

I contacted SonyBMG AUS. The current plan is to release "The Girl Is Mine 2008" in April.

Hulk

i was hoping For All Time would be the next cab off the rank...

But i guess it makes sense to do TGIM... they should do like a new remix every now and then as a single, and the period right before the NEW album comes out drop For All Time:) Then continue with NEW singles...

I had the same problem when ordering the 3-track version online. However, Amazon France and Germany have it stock for sure (US dollar users beware! The Euro is STRONG!). I know for a fact because I ordered one copy from Amazon.de and as soon as I saw it cheaper from Amazon France (when using the Euro, trust me, you MUST find the cheapest price), I had to beg Amazon.de to cancel it because they were immediately ready to ship it. Amazon.fr shipped it to me a couple of days ago and I should be getting it hopefully before the Japanese version of Thriller 25 comes out. Amazon.co.uk seems to have trouble getting the 3-track version as well as Amazon.com.

By the way, most of the non-U.S.A. iTunes stores have the 3-track single of "The Girl is Mine 2008"

...ummm i dont understand...why release the single in april? when the album is likeout now!?

Back