Grammys talk, Thrillercast

TSCM

Proud Member
This Grammy mentioning likely refers to meeting Michael at the Grammys back when Thriller originally came out, though it sounds somewhat misleading especially with all the hype surrounding this year's event... Feel free to merge into the huge Grammy thread if desired.

Anyways, Sony has just released its first teaser Thrillercast (podcast):

http://www.springwidgets.com/widgets/view/22851/

25 Years ago, Michael Jackson created what would become the biggest selling album of all time, Thriller. In 2008, Legacy Recordings is proud to present Thrillercast, a year-long podcast event featuring legends of music, film and culture taking you behind the scenes to their own experiences with Michael and hearing the album for the first time. Thrillercast launches on February 12th with Run-DMCs Darryl McDaniels.

"...You are listening to Thrillercast. The series begins February 12th, when Run DMC Darryl McDaniels meets Michael at the Grammys."

The podcasts will be released approximately once a week throughout 2008 starting February 12th, and there will be 40 episodes in total with many celebrities talking about the impact that Thriller/Michael has had on their lives.

http://mjjr.net/news-i185-6.html

Last edited:
Re: Apparent confirmation that Mike will be at Grammys

thanx you very much for posting :hug:

intresting......

just hoping that the grammys will be on!*crosses fingers*

and thanks!

Last edited:

That is Great News ! :)

Thanx for the news TSCM. On the ball as always!

The podcasts will be released approximately once a week throughout 2008 starting February 12th, and there will be 40 episodes in total with many celebrities talking about the impact that Thriller/Michael has had on their lives.

This is gonna be great to watch. Thanks again for keeping us all in the loop!

^ Yeah wonderful news I can't wait to see this via podcast. Thanks TSCM.

When they say "podcast" does that really mean that iTunes will have it?

When they say "podcast" does that really mean that iTunes will have it?
Yes, you will be able to subscribe to this podcast series via iTunes, Zune, or regular RSS feeds.

great promo, great news, great ideas !Mike's team works all around the clock !:punk:

yeah i received an email from sony about this, it's good they working on the marketing a bit....but i wonder if this only reaches the fans or all those who are registered on sony's website!

How many MJ Data Bases are there? (members I mean cuz I know of a couple!)

Last edited:
Is it on itunes yet? Cuz i cant find it. I know they havent started properly yet but episode 0 (promo) is already out, so how come its not on itunes?

Thanks for that. Interesting how it said they would be catching up with Michael at the Grammys for February 12.

Why are not people discuss this official news, I mean its great new, Michael Jackson attending Grammys 2008 ! :D

I am excited by the Podcast, but my only complaint is that it will be 40 episodes covering the entire year of 2008 with Michael and other artists reminiscing about Thriller rather than focusing on new material. To those that aren't huge fans it will be new and refreshing, but to those that have heard about the making a Thriller from Quincy and Michael and saw The One featuring artists praising the King of Pop it will be the same thing all over again.

Hanson partook in a Podcast called "Taking the Walk" and it was very insightful. It showcased the brothers in the writing process of making their album "The Walk" and gave a respectable view into their world. Sadly the Thrillercast will show the past, rather than what Michael has in store for the future. After hearing this news I am under the impression that his new album won't be out until 2009, but Michael will continue to hype up the future as always.

"You aint seen nothing yet" -_-

Why are not people discuss this official news, I mean its great new, Michael Jackson attending Grammys 2008 ! :D

Because its not official that MJ will be atteneding the Grammys. Nobody has said he is or isnt going.

Back