Janet's "Rock With You" Featuring Michael?

I see why you say that. I'm having a hard time telling though. Think I might just be imagining it. Dig the song though!

I just heard the new Janet single "Rock With You" and very subtly she has added the speaking part at the beginning of Michael's "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough". Would someone care to listen and clarify that it is being sampled and that I am not just hallucinating because I want him to be in the song…

http://www.z100.com/cc-common/media...TION_ID=WHTZ-FM&TRACK=Janet_Rock_With_You_mp3

Umm yeah, you're trippin'.
Because Michael is NOWHERE to be found on that song. Just because she's MJ's lil' sister and just because the song is titled 'Rock With You' doesn't mean it's Michael Jackson related.

Hollaback.

I agree. Michael isn't on it. I like the song though, very eighties sounding.

Last edited:
Yep, Mike is NOT in it and nothing from him is sampled

"LUV" and "Rock With U" are both on Janet's official site in CD quality ;)

just downloaded them from there some hours ago

Last edited:
I agree there is no MJ, but great tune. Thanx for posting.:flowers:

The 'ow ooows' that Janet is doing remind me of the beat on 'Billie Jean' tho. Anyone else hear this?

Umm yeah, you're trippin'.
Because Michael is NOWHERE to be found on that song. Just because she's MJ's lil' sister and just because the song is titled 'Rock With You' doesn't mean it's Michael Jackson related.

Hollaback.

Well said, I agree. All you hear is a computerized voice (which I DOUBT is Michael's) saying "I wanna rock with you".

Why did Janet use the title of a song that is so famous for her brother? I don't like that. This is the reason why I have problems with janet. Everybody know Rock with you as an MJ song. Why use that title for her song?^_^

Well said, I agree. All you hear is a computerized voice (which I DOUBT is Michael's) saying "I wanna rock with you".

You should read the original post before you make a comment. I said it features the spoken part at the beginning of DON'T STOP TILL YOU GET ENOUGH, not Rock With You.

Anyway it is very subtle, but after my second listen I also have to agree that it isn't Mike…

Why did Janet use the title of a song that is so famous for her brother? I don't like that. This is the reason why I have problems with janet. Everybody know Rock with you as an MJ song. Why use that title for her song?^_^
Oh please Dat. It's really not that serious.

I don't hear MJ. But I hear a lot of MJ inspired sounds..

The instramentals to me sounds like a digitalized, speeded, and changed up a bit Human Nature..

Why not? "Rock With You" is a neutal title, there are lots of songs with that name, even before MJ's song was released

Another famous one is "Rock wit U (Awww Baby)" by Ashanti. ;)

We are not sure still.. Just because MJ was sampled, it does not mean it was for this song..

Oh please Dat. It's really not that serious.
Why not? MJ had to change his title song because it was the same as Elvis's. When I hear RWU I think of mJ, so why is it not that serious. Do singers usually use the same title as a popular song for their song title?^_^

You should read the original post before you make a comment. I said it features the spoken part at the beginning of DON'T STOP TILL YOU GET ENOUGH, not Rock With You.

Anyway it is very subtle, but after my second listen I also have to agree that it isn't Mike…

:chillpill:

I just listened to the song @ janetjackson.com about 4 times, and I dont hear the speaking part from "DOnt Stop......". And Janet's song is called "Rock With You".....hence why I said I Only hear a voice saying "I wanna Rock With You".....I dont hear anything relating to DSTYGE.

Maybe YOU should read the first post. ;)

Are you kidding me? No wonder why MJ fans get **** for being, well, MJ fans. You guys act like a bunch of pissy people. You kidding me, you have problems because they have the same song title? :mellow: Please, this is why I hardly post here.

Are you kidding me? No wonder why MJ fans get **** for being, well, MJ fans. You guys act like a bunch of pissy people. You kidding me, you have problems because they have the same song title? :mellow: Please, this is why I hardly post here.
people need to take a chill pill when it comes to reacting to MJ fans. it's as if MJ fans are scrutinized more than anyone.(no one took the p*** out of elvis fans when MJ had to change heartbreak hotel to this place hotel.)

as for the song....it sounds like a madonna song from the eighties..and the ooo ooo's have the same rhythm as rock with you, by MJ..and as someone just said..why did MJ have to change the title of heartbreak hotel, if it's alright for someone to use rock with you as a title? i thought it was MJ's choice to change the title to this place hotel..but if he HAD to change it because it was an elvis song..i REALLY have a problem with that, because i was told that no one can claim entitlement to song titles, legally. as for the ashanti rock wit you song(for the person that referred to it)...that was after MJ's rock with you, and based on MJ's rock with you...she purposely did a tribute to MJ and it was featured on the usa's 'good morning america' morning show.

Last edited:
I don't hear Michael in that song anywhere, either, but I've only listened to it once all the way through.

Michael does not own the song title "Rock With You" so I really don't see the big deal. This is so petty to be hating on Janet over a song title.

dont judge all of us cuz of one persons post :no: i wouldnt have a prob if janet used all of michaels songs titles for her songs :p
the song is amazing :D cant wait for the album :wub:

Are you sure you are 11? You do not use the language of an 11 year old boy whose english is a second language. You are not allowed to attack fans on this board.:)

Last edited:
Michael does not own the song title "Rock With You" so I really don't see the big deal. This is so petty to be hating on Janet over a song title.
There is a difference between criticising someones actions and hating on them, don't you think? I stated my opinion. I do not like the fact that Janet used the song title of a most popular song of her brothers as her song title. I find it annoying. It is my opinion. That doesn't mount up to hating Janet. Get your story right.:)

Last edited:
There is a difference between criticising someones actions and hating on them, don't you think? I stated my opinion. I do not like the fact that Janet used the song title of a most popular song of her brothers as her song title. I find it annoying. It is my opinion. That doesn't mount up to hating Janet. Get your story right.:)

Fact of the matter is that you look for any reason to trash her, it's getting sad now.

Fact of the matter is that you look for any reason to trash her, it's getting sad now.
Where did I trash Janet> Please tell me.
I do not enjoy Janets music, or her dancing. I said nothing about her person. I don't listen to her interviews, I don't find her that interesting. She is not my style. Is that thrashing Janet?
Well, I can't love everybody. I love Rebbie, she sings the way I like. I am not too fund of Latoya, I think she can be dangerous, but I like her bubbly personality.
I adore all the Jackson brothers and am dying for them to get back together.
Now how am I doing.
I have a great deal of love and respect for Joe and Kathrine Jackson. They remind me of my parents.
Well. Janet's singing and dancing and personality, is not my style, but I think she is very pretty and I love all the Jacksons as a family. So where do I trash Janet. I haven't said anything about her that I wouldn't say about a member of my own family.
Some people think any criticism equals hating or thrashing,. Maybe we should make any conversation at all.:(

Where did I trash Janet> Please tell me.
I do not enjoy Janets music, or her dancing. I said nothing about her person. I don't listen to her interviews, I don't find her that interesting. She is not my style. Is that thrashing Janet?
Well, I can't love everybody. I love Rebbie, she sings the way I like. I am not too fund of Latoya, I think she can be dangerous, but I like her bubbly personality.
I adore all the Jackson brothers and am dying for them to get back together.
Now how am I doing.
I have a great deal of love and respect for Joe and Kathrine Jackson. They remind me of my parents.
Well. Janet's singing and dancing and personality, is not my style, but I think she is very pretty and I love all the Jacksons as a family. So where do I trash Janet. I haven't said anything about her that I wouldn't say about a member of my own family.
Some people think any criticism equals hating or thrashing,. Maybe we should make any conversation at all.:(

Well, from reading your comments I am fully aware that you like all the Jackson brothers, it just seems to me that you sometimes look for any reason to criticize Janet and I just think it's unecessary at times. I myself am not a big Janet Jackson fan (though I do enjoy some of her music) but I don't go in every Janet related thread criticizing her. However, you are allowed to like (or dislike) whomever and whatever you want of course and you haven't really trashed her as a person, so I take that back. Carry on :flowers:.

Last edited:
Back