Sheikh Abdullah: "Michael Is A Dear Friend"

Justice!

Proud Member
(2-2-2008)

In an interview to Times Online, prince Abdullah bin Hamad al-Khalifa of Bahrain talked about his friendship with Michael Jackson. After the child molestation trial, Michael had spent several month in Bahrain as a guest of the sheikh and the two had also worked on musical projects. In 2007, the sheikh sued Michael Jackson in London’s High Court (United Kingdom).

“All I will say is that Michael is a dear friend,” says Sheikh Abdullah. “It is a business problem. It is not personal. But let me tell you: Michael is not at all weird or bizarre. He is one of the most down-to-earth, sweetest guys I’ve ever met.”

Source: Times Online

(2-2-2008)

“All I will say is that Michael is a dear friend,” says Sheikh Abdullah. “It is a business problem. It is not personal. But let me tell you: Michael is not at all weird or bizarre. He is one of the most down-to-earth, sweetest guys I’ve ever met.”

tell me sth i dont know ....

good to know that michael and him are still friends :D

(2-2-2008)

In an interview to Times Online, prince Abdullah bin Hamad al-Khalifa of Bahrain talked about his friendship with Michael Jackson. After the child molestation trial, Michael had spent several month in Bahrain as a guest of the sheikh and the two had also worked on musical projects. In 2007, the sheikh sued Michael Jackson in London’s High Court (United Kingdom).

When did the sheik sue Michael Jackson? How come never heard about it? Who won the case? is it still ongoing?:mello:

When did the sheik sue Michael Jackson? How come never heard about it? Who won the case? is it still ongoing?:mello:

I want to know that too.
It must have ended well tho' if they are still friends. Didn't MJ turn up at his son's b-day bash last year?

i think it was reported by other sources and then friedbrain picked it up and twisted the facts adding his own bs as usual

it is true. mike bailed out on his record deal. lol. in return abdullah blocked the release of the katrina single. thats why we never got it.

it is true. mike bailed out on his record deal. lol. in return abdullah blocked the release of the katrina single. thats why we never got it.
Well, this is my opinion, but I think it was downright disingenuous of the sheik to try and trap Mike into a record deal at a time when he was trying to recouperate from a most horreendous ordeal How was the man to think straight? Not right. Everybody trying to use this man. I am happy that Mike bailed out.:)

Last edited:
My dad used to work for Sheikh Abdullah :eek:

Last edited:
Well, this is my opinion, but I think it was downrioght disingenuous of the sheik to try and trap Mike into a record deal at a time when he was trying to recouperate from a most horreendous ordeal How was the man to think straight? Not right. Everybody trying to use this man. I am happy that Mike bailed out.:)

i agree 100%

good quote. if only more people can read this.

want to know that too.
It must have ended well tho' if they are still friends. Didn't MJ turn up at his son's b-day bash last year?
no. that's Prince Azim of Brunei.

Well, this is my opinion, but I think it was downright disingenuous of the sheik to try and trap Mike into a record deal at a time when he was trying to recouperate from a most horreendous ordeal How was the man to think straight? Not right. Everybody trying to use this man. I am happy that Mike bailed out.:)

amen to that!

That is what I was worried about when Michael was over there we we started hearing about 2Seas and all that. You never make good decisions when you are recovering from trauma. It is important for Michael to 'come back' in the right way. I think producing his first new album under 2Seas could have been a disaster for him. I hope it gets worked out if it isn't already and I hope the Katrina single gets released eventually. Seems to me blocking it was kind of cutting off your nose to spite your face don't ya think?

Very true!
that's Prince Azim of Brunei.

Thanx!

Does anyone know what the article was about? I mean was it just the Sheikh been interviewed/asked about his opinion on MJ or was it about other things and the MJ thing came up?

amen to that!
Thank you. MJ was ill when he went to Bharain, He went there without his lawyers and advisers, he was in shock at what had just happened to him. He needed a place to realign himself and to recover. I was shocked when I heard that the Sheik was trying to get him to do deals. Looks as if MJ left without telling him. Some friend. I have no doubt the Katrina single was his idea too. MJ was not in no fit state, mentally or physically, to be doing no Katrina single.:huh:

Last edited:
Michael could have said no too, you know :)
Yes, he could. But when you experience trama like MJ did and it seems as though the whole world is against you, you are at the weakest point in your life and someone is showing attention, sometimes rationality goes out the window, survival mode kick in. MJ in Bharain was in survival mode, which means that he would have said yes to anything just to stay alive. It is the people who are looking after him who should show descrtetion and mercy in times like this. A sick person put their life in the hands of a doctor, cause they have no choice. MJ was sick, he should never have been used this way,by the people who were there to heal him.

Last edited:
That is what I was worried about when Michael was over there we we started hearing about 2Seas and all that. You never make good decisions when you are recovering from trauma. It is important for Michael to 'come back' in the right way. I think producing his first new album under 2Seas could have been a disaster for him. I hope it gets worked out if it isn't already and I hope the Katrina single gets released eventually. Seems to me blocking it was kind of cutting off your nose to spite your face don't ya think?
Thank you for seeing my point. If MJ had gone there with the clear intention of setting up business with the Prince, I would clearly understand his frustrations, but that is not what happened. MJ literally flea the country and went there to recover, He had no advisors with him, no lawyer, he could have handed over everything to the Prince and not care, with the state of mind he was in. That should never have happened to him, Shame.

funny how 2seasrecords is now the devil even though people were singing praises around the time there were talks of him releasing an album with that label...

funny how 2seasrecords is now the devil even though people were singing praises around the time there were talks of him releasing an album with that label...
I never sang its praises. I think all us fans were coming out of our own trama too, we had been through a most horrendous ordeal. Many of us was glad to see that MJ was prepared to get up and fight his way back, but non of us knew that MJ was being asked to right contract and prodiuce 3 albums so soon after his trial. It was way too soon and MJ hadn;t fully recovered and should not have been signing any contracts at all.:mello:

For all you know Michael could have asked him... lets not make assumptions based on thin air. Sure Michael was getting over the trial, but he's still an adult who when signing a contract is still obliged to see his end through, or not sign it at all. I just dont like when some fans go off in a tangent and pull stuff out of the air when Michael looks less than holy.

I reckon MJ just changed his mind, it might has seemed like a g8 idea but then (for whatever reason) he just wasn't interested.

Anyway, they are over it now so am I. :lol:

Bring on the future. :smile:

I reckon MJ just changed his mind, it might has seemed like a g8 idea but then (for whatever reason) he just wasn't interested.

Anyway, they are over it now so am I. :lol:

Bring on the future. :smile:

First proper post of the entire thread.

I never sang its praises. I think all us fans were coming out of our own trama too, we had been through a most horrendous ordeal. Many of us was glad to see that MJ was prepared to get up and fight his way back, but non of us knew that MJ was being asked to right contract and prodiuce 3 albums so soon after his trial. It was way too soon and MJ hadn;t fully recovered and should not have been signing any contracts at all.:mello:
I didnt see ANYONE voicing their disaproval at the time either

I was concerned from day one and I think a lot of people were. It was a bad situation. It doesn't mean that the prince is the devil and I didn't see anyone here say that. The prince may well have felt it was the right thing to be doing both from a personal AND a business point of view, win-win.

Holding back the Katrina single seems to me like it would have been a lose-lose thing to do however, regardless.

I just hope (and was worried it all along) that whatever the current state of resolution between them, it does not keep Michael from releasing a new album in the manner that is best for him and his career. That freedom is no doubt worth way more than the $7M we have seen mentioned here.

For all you know Michael could have asked him... lets not make assumptions based on thin air. Sure Michael was getting over the trial, but he's still an adult who when signing a contract is still obliged to see his end through, or not sign it at all. I just dont like when some fans go off in a tangent and pull stuff out of the air when Michael looks less than holy.
Michael was in no fit state to be signing any contract. The Prince should have known better. Would he have given MJ a gun if he asked him for it. MJ was very ill, he could barely walk out if that court room, he ended up in hospital. T-Mez said he nearly died. Within weeks MJ was signing contract for 3 albums? MJ couldn't even think straight. He was still fighting his ex wife over custody of his children and didn't know whether he was going to be sued by the arviros, what contract was he ready to sign? How was he suppose to sing happy songs to heal the world when he himself needed healing? Have a heart, please.

Back