Michael's "CTE" shirt

Proud Member
Just a question for anyone who might know the answer. I've always wondered what the "CTE" stands for on Michael's shirt here?

bill-clinton-inaugural-gala-19jan1993_9-382x432.JPG

I must say that shirt is cooler than cool can be.

you all seem divided in what it means lol.

does anyone actually know for sure what it means or is it one of those unknown things about mj?

I'm pretty sure that is that old workwear because it looks like that. Like a work shirt.

CTE is an acronym from eastern Europe. Is is not in the english language, CTE is from eastern Europe, the former Iron Curtain. Michaels military style was based on Soviet Bloc military styles and influences, not western ideas.

If you speak Russian you would probably understand the meaning

So can u explain or say the meaning here? I dont know Russia .And how do u know Michael's military style is based on Soviet Bloc?

I also liked the idea CHOSEN TO ENTERTAIN!!
I always thought it stands for Children of The Earth!!

1) There is no stable acronym "CTE" in Russian. However, it may come from other Eastern Europe country.

2) Jackson's military style is not based on any single country tradition.

3) acronym may not come from anywhere but just be some Michael's thought that can be less or more mystical, as he sometimes likes.

Chosen To Entertain, that's what I've always thought it stands for.
And I even remember replicas of these shirts being on sale on one fan club and they were titled as "Red CTE - Chosen To Entertain shirts".

Last edited:
It's an old work wear "Can't Tear 'Em"..

I googled it and found out this:

"Children of the Earth"

Someone said it was Chosen To Entertain.

you all seem divided in what it means lol.

does anyone actually know for sure what it means or is it one of those unknown things about mj?

You lot with your guesses :lol::lol: I do like the 'Chosen To Entertain' one but I think its just one of those unknown things, (MJ probably doesn't know either, its just a style he liked!). Nice shirt!

Dunno but I think its not Chosen To Entertain. This is fan made, Michael has actually never said anything about it before. Or has he? lol

It can be anything until Michael himself says what does it mean. It can be for example "Celebrating Thriller Endlessly"..

CTE stands for: Children of The Earth. It was orginated from the Italin Fanclub in Rome.
If this website is still valid you can go to, www.Jacksonland.It.:flowers:

It can be anything until Michael himself says what does it mean. It can be for example "Celebrating Thriller Endlessly"..

ROTFL haha good 1... But yea its either chosen 2 entertain or Children Of The Earth...

Anyone know where you can buy a shirt like that?

The post cards, pictures of Michael,etc that were given out to fans who were in Japan last March to see him reads, CTE means "Children of The Earth". Do you think they can dispurse such things without Michael's permission? I think not, so I'm going to believe that is the meaning until it's said otherwise by the man himself .

I just remembered there's a book called 'Michael Jackson - Chosen To Entertain' ;)

Chosen_To_Entertain_Boek_Cover.jpg

Back