Will.i.am & All Star Music Video For Obama

It's nice, yeah - i see that it is original and it's good for Will - very creative project

Whoa - that was awesome - great vid
Was this produced by Will i. Am ??

Whether you are for Obama or not, you will love this video.

http://www.dipdive.com/

I can't assess it fairly because it stops and starts for me even when I try to replay it even though I have DSL. Maybe there is a version for lower baud rates? If not, there should be.

Personally I think the best promotional video of Obama is Obama. You can't top his motivational appeal.

You should add this thread to the one in GD2 discussing the candidates.

I looked up the ages of our past presidents yesterday when I was discussing the candidates with some friends. If Obama is elected he will be our 3rd youngest president and he will be in excellent company. Obama is currently 45. Roosevelt and Kennedy were the youngest at 42 and Clinton was 46. Seems our most awesome and inspiring presidents were the youngest.

Last edited:
I was on U Tube, but I think this took it off. You can try this though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY

I just checked it. It's working. I was just told that Bob Dylan's son is also one of the creative forces behind this video.

Here are some others. First, this one from an amateur singing over Elvis' JailHouse Rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as6pnm41_qs This will crack u up!

And this one titled 'Fired Up' features the drummer from Pearl Jam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyJ72iZ3tW4 As well as a long descriptive as to why they decided to do this video.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this. It was fantastic. I just love to listen to Senator Obama speak; he is truly inspirational and is exactly what this country and world needs; sometimes all that is needed is the inspiration and the rest follows. He is capable of giving that like no other candidate.

Will.i.am did a great job with this. His comments about what inspired him to do this was also very touching and a testament to where his heart is at this time.

that was beautiful...wow!....I love Obama, he just gives me goose bumps...

Do not forget to vote tomarrow on TUESDAY..

YES WE CAN

can turn into

YES WE WILL

................................VOTE

That was really good! So well made without the usual 'cheese' you expect from a political party ad. Well done Will and everyone (spotted Tatyana Ali there too! :lol:).

hahaha Barack is most definitely gonna get the most votes from the younger crowd. myself included. he's an amazing speaker. that Will I Am vid is so inspirational.

Yes we can (official Support Obama music video)

I just saw this on Justjared and I must say what a power speech Obama did they made a music video of it with alot of celebrities...... see it below... its powerful

[youtube]jjXyqcx-mYY[/youtube]

Re: Yes we can (official Support Obama music video)

this is sort of off topic but not at the same time... do you guys allow celebrity endorsements sway ur vote for president??? personally i could care less who endorses a candidate what matters to me is their views on the issues and how i feel about them... i never quite understood this whole endorsement hullabaloo....

^^ To me it's not about the 'celeb' factor that makes me sway anywhere..

I do like the song and think it fits Obama very well though.....

I hope everyone votes today (SUPER TUESDAY) and votes for Obama

I like both Hilary and Obama really and it will be history if Obama is being selected to become the new president for the US........

ah but it will also be history if hil gets elected.... either way if a dem makes 1600 pennsylvania it will be a first :) that to me is wonderful.... personally i'm for hillary but i also have done A LOT of research on her and obama and just my views are more insync w/hers... but if obama gets the nom then my vote will be for him in the general election. It's all soooooo close rt now that even super tues didn't clear up anything... i think its like 615 to 515 in hil's favor which isn't a huge margin considering she needs approx. 2000 delegates to get the nom... its anyones game still

i was just always curious about celebrity endorsements.... an endorsement from a politician makes sense but what do u care what brangelina has to say vs. saaay a former president

depends on which former president o_o

i don't have much against celeb endorsements for the main reason that it has a very good chance of engaging those who don't usually vote or follow politics - and someone like Obama needs all the young votes he can get. it would be a bonus if that person then went on to actually research into who they really want to elect.

Last edited:

this is sort of off topic but not at the same time... do you guys allow celebrity endorsements sway ur vote for president??? personally i could care less who endorses a candidate what matters to me is their views on the issues and how i feel about them... i never quite understood this whole endorsement hullabaloo....
Naw. It gets the candidates more press, but no.

Check this out guys:

LOS ANGELES - In the long history of political campaign theme songs, there has never been one quite like "Yes We Can," starring Barack Obama and a host of A-list celebrities.
[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]
b

For one thing, it's more than a song — it's a viral video hit with almost 1.9 million views on YouTube since being posted last Friday.
There's also the fact that the Obama campaign did not commission the song — the rapper, songwriter and producer will.i.am, frontman for the Black Eyed Peas, says he was inspired to create it while watching Obama's speech after his second-place finish to Sen. Hillary Clinton in the New Hampshire primary.
"It was as if he was talking to me," will.i.am told The Associated Press on Tuesday night as Obama and Clinton contended for the Democratic presidential nomination. "It was as if he was talking to and defending everything that made me who I am. I took that speech, and I wanted everyone else to be inspired by that speech as I was."
He recorded the song and video in two days last week and hasn't heard from the campaign since — which is fine by him.
"They have more important things than to be contacting me to say thank you," he said. "If they had time to call me, I'd be panicking."
The song features Obama's voice set to will.i.am's music and melody, plus vocalizations of the speech from the likes of Scarlet Johansson, John Legend, Kate Walsh, Common, Nicole Scherzinger, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Herbie Hancock and other celebrity supporters. The chorus is one of Obama's campaign slogans: "Yes We Can."
Obama is a fan of the video and recommended it to reporters on his campaign plane after he saw it Saturday. The campaign posted it on its Web site with a form so people can share it, and aides played it to warm up the crowd at an event headlined by Oprah Winfrey in Los Angeles on Sunday.
"After nearly a year on the campaign trail, I've seen a lot of things that have touched me deeply, but I had to share this with you," the candidate's wife, Michelle Obama, said in an e-mail to supporters Monday. "Sharing this video, which was created by supporters, is one more way to help start a conversation with your friends, family, co-workers, and anyone else who will be voting soon about the issues important to them in this election."
While will.i.am is hoping for an Obama presidency, he says the point of the song was not just to stir up votes for the Illinois senator, but to "remind people how powerful they are. The idea of 'Yes We Can' doesn't stop because he doesn't win."
Theme songs have long been an essential, even defining part of political campaigns. In 1932, when Franklin Roosevelt first ran for president, Democrats adopted Jack Yellen and Milton Ager's "Happy Days Are Here Again" — a tune written for the movie musical "Chasing Rainbows" — which captured Roosevelt's promise of relief from the Depression. It remained the party's unofficial anthem for decades.
Optimism is a must. When John F. Kennedy ran for president, in 1960, Frank Sinatra sang a revised version of "High Hopes." The Sammy Cahn and James Van Heusen song from the movie "A Hole in the Head" included the refrain, "Everyone wants to back, Jack/ Jack is on the right track/ 'Cause he's got High Hopes!/ He's got High Hopes!"
In 1988, Republicans embraced Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy," while Democrats in 1992 used Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop" as the backdrop for Bill Clinton's promise of change.
Some candidates have endorsed songs even without the musician's approval. McFerrin told Republicans to stop using "Don't Worry"; Bruce Springsteen objected to Ronald Reagan citing him in a 1984 speech.
With the recent transformation in the way music is consumed and shared, perhaps the Obama song marks a new era for the campaign song. (Will.i.am's creation is more than a few steps ahead of the racy, half-serious "Obama Girl" video that drew millions of views last summer.)
"The Internet and technology empowers people," will.i.am said, "and the 'Yes We Can' song is proof that they don't need a big record company or a big movie company ... to go out and captivate people's attention."

I'm glad you said that. It would be nice if people could think for themselves and look into who is backing these people instead of falling for the hype.:)

Back