What are your > TOP 5 < most played artists in your music collection?

Genofond

Proud Member
So... haven't seen a thread like this anywhere, and if there was one such thread, it died.

List in order your top 5 most played artists!

Also, how many gigabytes of music do you have (if that's too hard... how many do you have on iTunes)? Alternatively, how many tracks do you have, and how often do you add to it?

And out of that, what percentage of it do you listen to regularly?

Yeah that's me. I'm curious about people's listening habits!!

My top 5 most played artists: (*goes to check iPod*) (they always change)

1.) Happysad
2.) Sopruse Puiestee
3.) Metro Luminal
4.) YUP
5.) Hellad Velled

About GB... hard to say since I add to my collection really frequently. Rite now I have... 68GB (over 13000 songs)

I try to listen to 50 % of it regularly!

What about you?

hola! I have the black ipod nano with 2gigs... i know, only a thousand songs, but it cost $250, the same as a regular ipod!!! I dont know how that worked out!!!!????!!!

ANYWAY, my number one played artist is ALWAYS MJ/j5/jacksons... actually i think almost all of my 25 most played is from the jackson family!!!!!my list goes like so:

1-michael jackson/j5/jacksons
2-stevie wonder
3-diana ross
4-maroon 5
5-corinne bailey rae
i also listen to alot of hall&oates, quincy jones,bee gees....i listen to alot of things, but im really picky with music! I kind of feel like since i've been listening to mj alot (which started years ago- im only 21!) i have a higher standard for music, you know? why listen to crap when i can hear real music??!?!?!

and Genofond, i havent heard of any of the ppl u listen to!!! I'll have to go have a listen to see what they're like!

This is a tough one cause mine changes with mood...

Latley it's been

1) Michael Jackson
2) Beach Boys
3) BeeGee's
4) simple plan
5) Declan G.

hola! I have the black ipod nano with 2gigs... i know, only a thousand songs, but it cost $250, the same as a regular ipod!!! I dont know how that worked out!!!!????!!!

ANYWAY, my number one played artist is ALWAYS MJ/j5/jacksons... actually i think almost all of my 25 most played is from the jackson family!!!!!my list goes like so:

1-michael jackson/j5/jacksons
2-stevie wonder
3-diana ross
4-maroon 5
5-corinne bailey rae
i also listen to alot of hall&oates, quincy jones,bee gees....i listen to alot of things, but im really picky with music! I kind of feel like since i've been listening to mj alot (which started years ago- im only 21!) i have a higher standard for music, you know? why listen to crap when i can hear real music??!?!?!

and Genofond, i havent heard of any of the ppl u listen to!!! I'll have to go have a listen to see what they're like!

Lol! Wow man, you shelled out 250 for a 2 gig iPod! Wow well that sucks, I'm sorry! I hope you're happy with it though! I love iPods.. haha.

Diana Ross >3 Classic! Apart from MJ I don't listen to any of the others you listed though, maybe its time I started! Who's Corinne Bailey Rae?

Yeah, I'm pretty picky with music too! I don't let anything on my iPod that I haven't personally approved of first! heh.

Heh well the stuff I listen to is mainly european underground, which overall doesn't sound much at all like Michael Jackson or the Jackson 5 or any of that, it's a completely different sound, but hey, you never know! Yeah well in my opinion those artists are really worth checking out! My forte I guess is estonian / finnish music. I >3 that music! Heh.

OK, so I just went into iTunes all sorted all my songs by play count. This is just a rough estimate by looking at the top 20-odd on which artists dominate the top 20...

1. Michael Jackson
2. The Beatles
3. The Beach Boys
4. The Cure
5. Marilyn Manson

Also, I have 1330 songs which is 5.66 GBs. I add the my music collection a fair bit but that's because I'm usually curious to hear the latest raved about albums so I download them but end up deleting them shortly after because I don't like them. I was closing in on about 4000 songs at one time but I decided to give my music collection a major clean up because way over half the songs were just downloaded out of curiosity and I don't like them at all never listen to them. But I'd still like to increase my music collection. It'll take time. There are a lot of artists I am interested in exploring their discographies further.

Wow don't know if I'm going to embaress myself or not :p

I has 6 DVD's choc full of loose MP3s (so not full CDs) so that's like 27to 28Gb of music

Plus more cds than you can shake a stick at that I have ripped to mp3 so I can listen to it on PC/mp3 players etc

So rough estimation I'd say about 40Gb of music :wild:

Top 5 artists most played:

1. Everything but the girl
2. Michael Jackson (included in this tally are fan made remixes)
3. k.d.lang
4. Wild Strawberries
5. Tracy Chapman

^_^

Last edited:
hmmm lately it's

1) Bruce Springsteen
2) The Corrs
3) Chris de Burgh
4) Celine Dion
5) Tina Turner

1- Guns 'n' Roses
2- Queen
3- Michael Jackson
4- Metallica
5- Iron Maiden

According to last.fm

1. Michael Jackson
2. Tori Amos
3. Jacob Golden
4. Foo Fighters
5. Frida Hyvönen

Last FM says:

1. Michael Jackson
2. Boyz II Men
3. Luther Vandross
4. Janet Jackson
5. Ne-Yo

1. Michael Jackson/and with brothers
2. Britney Spears
3. Gwen Stefani
4. Tupac
The Smashing Pumpkins
I also listen to random American oldies songs all the time. Frank Sinatra, Elvis, The Beatles....

1. Michael Jackson
2. The Jackson 5
3. The Jacksons
4. Queen
5. Madonna

Michael Jackson
Stevie Wonder
Janet Jackson
2 Pac
Baby Face

They do vary often.. Others would be switched, MJ stayes at #1, and people come in and out after that

1. Michael Jackson
2. Depeche Mode
3. The Cure
4. Bjork
5. Metallica

Michael Jackson
Mariah Carey
Amy Winehouse
Alicia Keys
Beatles (Love)

I listen mostly to them, but I have a very broad taste so for the rest it's just about everything, from classical to rock :D

According to my Ipod, currently it is ...
  • Janet Jackson - listen to Feedback, Get It Out Me and Luv a lot for workout
  • Michael Jackson - I haven't listened to Michael for months. But I am really in the mood of listening to PYT and For All Time.
  • Siti Nurhaliza - Melawan Kesepian, soft ballad that is making me sappy a lot.
  • Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World. Lovely soulful voice. Soothing.
  • Beirut - Postcards From Italy is strange but uplifting to hear. I like to listen to this song when heading to work.

Last edited:
1. Michael Jackson
2. Jackson 5
3. Mariah Carey
4. Dean Martin
5. Norah Jones

1. Michael Jackson/& brothers
2. Celine Dion
3. Janet Jackson
4. Mariah Carey
5. Nelly Furtado

1. Michael Jackson