bad businessman

mahdouch

Proud Member
Vincent Price, while a guest on the Johnny Carson's Tonight Show, laughingly stated that when he did the narration for "Thriller" (at the request of Michael Jackson who was a big fan of Price) he had a choice between taking a percentage of the album sales or $20.000. Price was well along in his career, so he took the $20,000. He was good-natured about it when Carson told him he could have made millions off of the royalties due to the vast number of copies sold even at that time. Price laughed heartily and said: "How well I know !" (thanks, Jonnie - St. Louis, MO)

i love vincent price...hes great!
So is he still alive.. i thought he was dead! ...whoops!

Wounded! With A Name Like Vincent PRICE he would have been money savvy but erm nah, even though still a legend, you cant put a PRICE on that!

BRUCIES PRICE IS RIGHT FOLKS!

Can't believe I missed that it said Johnny Carson's Tonight Show. Seemed like a good guy.

That's hilarious! I would defininitely hurt myself for making that decision! lol

He did a good job taking the 20 000. Nobody had done a record like Thriller before. Nobody could have predicted the sale of Thriller. Thriller was a runaway success, had Vince refused the 20 000, he would have taken a massive gamble and short of knowing what would have happened, he would have been foolish not to have taken it. I recon many more were caught out by that record too. Also that record wasn't even released as a single. MJ and the video sold that record. Even Quincy didn't thing it was good enough to be made into a single.

wow, Vincent Price seemed like a nice guy.. his voice was also used in that SoBe commercial.. so his family could have made money off that too..

whats ever funnier is Eddie Van Halen..did the guitar part on Beat It for free.. (thats the rumour)

Wow! I bet nobody will do anything like that again if Mike gives them a choice. Considering Vincent did this in 2 takes, that was a fast twenty grand. I'm sure he didn't regret it at the time. Probably the fastest twenty grand he ever made!

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

Last edited:
No disrespect to this Auteur within the film industry, but Vincent Price did say some nasty stuff about Michael Jackson because of this issue..

Vincent's [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Daughter[/FONT] Wrote:

"[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Word eventually trickled back to Michael Jackson that my father was upset about the money. One day I answered the door at my father's house to find three members of Jackson's entourage. They came bearing a gift-- a letter of thanks from Jackson and a large frame containing a poster of the pop star and one gold and two platinum albums, all dedicated to Vincent. When I brought this "gift" to my father, he didn't know whether to laugh or cry..

When it was reported that Michael Jackson had made a multi million-dollar payment in respect of charges of his possible misconduct with a young boy, Vincent channeled the ill feelings about his own mistreatment into a joke;

"All I can say is that Michael Jackson f***ed me, and I didn't get paid for it!"
"

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] Page 308 of "Vincent Price: A Daughter's Biography"

Sorry Guys! Just thought I should let you know..
[/FONT]

Last edited:
This I think is what has been happening with a lot of people who worked with MJ. They did what they did and got the fee that was asked for, but unfortunately for them they feel that MJ has made too much and they should have had more. This must have cause a lot of bad feelings among them, but the problem is that no one knew that MJ's music would have been so popular. Had they known they could have asked for more.

Last edited:
This I think is what has been happening with a lot of people who worked with MJ. They did what they did and got the fee that was asked for, but unfortunately for them they feel that MJ has made too much and they should have had more. This must have cause a lot of bad feelings among them, but the problem is that no one knew that MJ's music would have been so popular. Had they known they could have asked for more.

Exactly! People underestimated the fame/money the various projects would make, (in a way they underestimated MJ kinda like Paul with the whole Beatles thingy, he didn't think it was worth that much then ooops! 'I have been scr*ewed by MJ' etc etc.

Exactly! People underestimated the fame/money the various projects would make, (in a way they underestimated MJ kinda like Paul with the whole Beatles thingy, he didn't think it was worth that much then ooops! 'I have been scr*ewed by MJ' etc etc.
Yes, indeed. They thought they were doing him a favour when in fact it was him that was doing them the favour.:D

Back