We Can Make It An Even Bigger Thriller!!!

Ankita

Proud Member

Hey everyone!
I had posted this on MJJF a little before it went offline! The Thriller 25 fever was only getting started then! My request to the MJJC admn to reopen the thread couldn’t get through(PM giving probs) so I’m re-posting it! I hope it succeeds in not only bringing Michael's fans together in fellowship and celebration but also in inspiring love, appreciation and respect for him in the hearts of everyone throughout the world :)!

Here goes!

Thriller’s 25th Anniversary is here, and I’m sure many of us were hoping that we could celebrate it with a mega Fan event like the Killer Thriller party in 2002! After all, ‘this’ is the time when something like that should be happening! We may not have enough time to organize such an event, but since this is an ‘outstanding’ achievement- 25 GLORIOUS years of UNPARALLELED SUCCESS I so wish to do something more than just listen to my new Thriller CD…something that would involve not only present Michael Jackson fans, but would reach out to people all over the world, blow them away with the absolute brilliance and genius of Michael Jackson and turn every non-fan into a Michael Jackson fan!!! I’ll be doing it, and I so hope you’ll join me too!!! Here are a few suggestions which I believe can make it possible!! Please share your ideas too!

• We buy a page in the most respectable, successful and popular magazine(eg. The Rolling Stone, Billboard, Vibe, etc., whichever is considered the best or has greatest readership, especially among the youth!) and either put one big ‘thankyou’ message(or any other message you guys think appropriate) or many messages collected from fans from all over the world!
  • We could do the above in the newspaper that has the largest circulation in the country considered. (it would be cheaper and have a greater reach since everyone in every country reads newspapers!)
  • We ‘bombard’ request shows on TV, radio asking them to play songs from Thriller! This is so simple and can be done by everyone! Even if you have every Thriller song and video at home(which I’m sure everyone does!) lets still do this and create Michaelmania again!!!
  • All those fans who are students or teachers can make music or theme from Thriller part of any functions/events that take place in their schools/colleges in the this year (and of course after that as well! J)!
  • Definitely playing Thriller songs at any parties, celebrations, etc., (and of course on Halloween later in the year) J!
I believe this way we can not only celebrate the truly “amazing” success of Thriller, but also use that one instrument that has been so unkind and unjust to Michael- the media, to once again bring to the people the real Michael Jackson-the most talented, gifted, successful, accomplished artist ever(who has truly the largest, strongest, most dedicated and loyal fan base!) whose art and craft is a blessing to the world, and who should be admired, celebrated and honoured for his outstanding brilliance, beauty and invincible genius forever!

I hope you’ll join me in making this possible! PLEASE DO SHARE ANY IDEAS YOU MAY HAVE!

Thanks!
Keep Michaeling!

Id rather Sony was doing the running for the albums success :(

Last edited:
Word of mouth is the best publicity, thats what im gonna do!

My personal opinion is since the media is stacked AGAINST him, we MJ fans bare the job to help even the odds as much as we can..

Yes the media has a very usefull tool.. 'the media'.. But we can do SOMETHING, our change, can make a difference

PLEASE DONT DO IT!!!!!

You're wasting your time and money.... rewarding MJ'z laziness, giving him a reason to be lazy for next album and in the end won't work anyway; unless you FORCE people to buy it, there aint a chance in hell it will do well.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!
I had posted this on MJJF a little before it went offline! The Thriller 25 fever was only getting started then! My request to the MJJC admn to reopen the thread couldn’t get through(PM giving probs) so I’m re-posting it! I hope it succeeds in not only bringing Michael's fans together in fellowship and celebration but also in inspiring love, appreciation and respect for him in the hearts of everyone throughout the world :)!

Here goes!

Thriller’s 25th Anniversary is here, and I’m sure many of us were hoping that we could celebrate it with a mega Fan event like the Killer Thriller party in 2002! After all, ‘this’ is the time when something like that should be happening! We may not have enough time to organize such an event, but since this is an ‘outstanding’ achievement- 25 GLORIOUS years of UNPARALLELED SUCCESS I so wish to do something more than just listen to my new Thriller CD…something that would involve not only present Michael Jackson fans, but would reach out to people all over the world, blow them away with the absolute brilliance and genius of Michael Jackson and turn every non-fan into a Michael Jackson fan!!! I’ll be doing it, and I so hope you’ll join me too!!! Here are a few suggestions which I believe can make it possible!! Please share your ideas too!

• We buy a page in the most respectable, successful and popular magazine(eg. The Rolling Stone, Billboard, Vibe, etc., whichever is considered the best or has greatest readership, especially among the youth!) and either put one big ‘thankyou’ message(or any other message you guys think appropriate) or many messages collected from fans from all over the world!
  • We could do the above in the newspaper that has the largest circulation in the country considered. (it would be cheaper and have a greater reach since everyone in every country reads newspapers!)
  • We ‘bombard’ request shows on TV, radio asking them to play songs from Thriller! This is so simple and can be done by everyone! Even if you have every Thriller song and video at home(which I’m sure everyone does!) lets still do this and create Michaelmania again!!!
  • All those fans who are students or teachers can make music or theme from Thriller part of any functions/events that take place in their schools/colleges in the this year (and of course after that as well! J)!
  • Definitely playing Thriller songs at any parties, celebrations, etc., (and of course on Halloween later in the year) J!
I believe this way we can not only celebrate the truly “amazing” success of Thriller, but also use that one instrument that has been so unkind and unjust to Michael- the media, to once again bring to the people the real Michael Jackson-the most talented, gifted, successful, accomplished artist ever(who has truly the largest, strongest, most dedicated and loyal fan base!) whose art and craft is a blessing to the world, and who should be admired, celebrated and honoured for his outstanding brilliance, beauty and invincible genius forever!

I hope you’ll join me in making this possible! PLEASE DO SHARE ANY IDEAS YOU MAY HAVE!

Thanks!
Keep Michaeling!

Thriller 25 has already started making the rounds to the media, imo Thriller has already been getting it's fair share of recognition and is still getting tons of tributes and references this year alone. I don't think we fans need to do anymore. :flowers:

There are other promotional plans I had that fell through because not enough people jumped on board..

Some of which that COULD still happen within this short time if people are willing..

1) sticking ad flyers in several Sunday news papers on February 10th 2008 at your local grociery stores. (sticking them in with the rest of the ads in the middle)

2) tacking flyers to ad boards in stores, bookstores, music stores etc..

3) Going to large parking lots and stick small flyers on car windshields..

4) Writting 'Thriller 25th Anniversary album' and it's release date on your car windows/windshields

5) tape flyers in school/work/public bathrooms..

a little creativity can take you a LONG way... This week and weekend we should be hustling a lot..

I can make a email you the flyers.. Just ask!

Last edited:
i guess it's never bad to do anything but these things need proper planning and consistency from people

^^ yes this is the major issue..

When I started fan promotion for Thriller 25.. People did not take it serious.. That's why I dropped it..

I'll do what I can for Thriller 25..

But for his next album, I will start VERY early, searching for people that are driven and want to make a difference.. finding those people take time..

My personal opinion is since the media is stacked AGAINST him, we MJ fans bare the job to help even the odds as much as we can..

Yes the media has a very usefull tool.. 'the media'.. But we can do SOMETHING, our change, can make a difference

I couldn't agree more!:yes:

Great idea Ankita, thanx for sharing!:yes:

Last edited:
Back