* Official AllMichaelJackson * AOL Radio - (update) 6/18/2008

Re: Michael Jackson AOL-XM Radio

Thanks MsMo. Listening now. TDCAU is playing! :)

U R welcome ;- )

Currently, both Michael and Janet are in the Top 10 most popular Pop stations :clap:

http://mjjrealrealm.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A679A9B694DD1478!2456.entry

aol_logo_beta_305x46.gif

Re: * Official Michael Jackson * AOL (((XM))) Radio

WOW! Fantastic! Thanks :flowers:

wicked thnx :)

WOW! Fantastic! Thanks :flowers:

Y'all are welcome ;- )

The "All Michael Jackson" station is being advertised on the featured Black HIStory section's '80s Black Music station:
http://radioplayer.aol.com/player/launcher?ar=us_en_radio_980x883_aolradio&id=radio:aggregate:21191

More MJ related AOL (((XM))) Radio links:

http://mjjrealrealm.spaces.live.com/blog/cns%21A679A9B694DD1478%212456.entry

-

Last edited:

Listen to the entire Thriller 25th Anniversary album
in HD on Clear Channel online radio:

MichaelJackson@imeem

Re: * Official Michael Jackson * AOL (((XM))) Radio AND Clear Channel Online Radio - He's TAKIN" OOO

Shoot, I'm listening to it right now. Nice....very nice.

Re: * Official Michael Jackson * AOL (((XM))) Radio AND Clear Channel Online Radio - He's TAKIN" OOO

Yeah.
It's great listening to all of your favorite artist music whilst reading the forum or just surfing the net.^_^

I just figured out that it will continue to play while you are surfing MJJCommunity. I didn't know that!

what are they doing? we already have MjTunes :D

what are they doing? we already have MjTunes :D

:p Yep, but...

XM Satellite Radio - America's #1 Satellite Radio Service

[SIZE=-1]Over 170 channels to find what turns you on, featuring the most music including 69 commercial-free channels.

[/SIZE]Clear Channel Communications, Inc.

[SIZE=-1]Owns and operates more than 1200 radio stations in the United States, stages live shows at thousands of venues in dozens of countries[/SIZE].
[SIZE=-1] Its joint venture partners operate more than 240 radio stations in Australia, Mexico and New Zealand programming 20 different formats....

AND, you can listen in your car, see where this is going?

[/SIZE]

I think Clear Channel is gonna have something to do with Michael's tour.

:p Yep, but...

XM Satellite Radio - America's #1 Satellite Radio Service

[SIZE=-1]Over 170 channels to find what turns you on, featuring the most music including 69 commercial-free channels.

[/SIZE]Clear Channel Communications, Inc.

[SIZE=-1]Owns and operates more than 1200 radio stations in the United States, stages live shows at thousands of venues in dozens of countries[/SIZE].
[SIZE=-1] Its joint venture partners operate more than 240 radio stations in Australia, Mexico and New Zealand programming 20 different formats....

AND, you can listen in your car, see where this is going?

[/SIZE]
yeah but... the remixes and stuff.. come on now, MjTunes 4 life. LOL

XM radio is really a great idea but unfortunately i can't seem to work it here in the UK - there are so many musical genuises from back in the day that feature in XM shows like Ali Shaheed from ATCQ - i'd kill to catch their shows.

I can't get the damn thing to work!!

I think Clear Channel is gonna have something to do with Michael's tour.

Quite possibly :yes:

I love it!! it's better then my own iTunes-MJ-playlist:)
I don't know why I like it so much but I do:D

Yeah, it's real cool, especially if you like the original versions.

yeah but... the remixes and stuff.. come on now, MjTunes 4 life. LOL

XM radio is really a great idea but unfortunately i can't seem to work it here in the UK - there are so many musical genuises from back in the day that feature in XM shows like Ali Shaheed from ATCQ - i'd kill to catch their shows.

Mjtunes is cool too, from a listening standpoint. But they have a very limited audience and they're not nationally or internationally known. So, from a business and volume standpoint, they couldn't handle Michael. They can't offer him ALL of the services he requires and the volume would most likely shut their server(s) down :p

I can't get the damn thing to work!!

I know that for XM, I had to download/install the AOL radio player...I was prompted all the way through the process and it only took a minute or so. It could be a settings issue on your browser...

1 Make sure your system/browser is supported - According to Wikipedia:
The AOL Radio Web Player is compatible with Windows 2000/XP, Internet Explorer 5.5+, Netscape 7.1+, AOL 7.0+, and Firefox 1.0+. Listeners can connect to AOL Radio through the web (http://www.aol.com, http://www.aolradio.com or http://www.aolmusic.com), AOL Client, Windows Media Center, and AOL Radio for Mac. AOL Radio is now also available through the AOL Instant Messenger service (http://www.aim.com), and Winamp (http://www.winamp.com), though the Winamp version does not support the extra channels enjoyed by paying listeners...

2 AND, make sure you allow the AOL radioplayer.aol.com to upload cookies.
I hope that helps :(

Clear Channel- I just realized that it only plays the 1st track for me...^_^
May be somthin' missing in my windows media player or a minor bug or missing code they need to get worked out...?

http://music.aol.com/radioguide/all-michael-jackson-radio

Listen Now

michael-jackson-lupus-132.jpg
All the hits, rarities and more from the King of Pop

Listen to All Michael Jackson Radio

NOTE: Mac users must use the Firefox browser in order to listen to AOL Radio. Download Firefox here.

More on Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson Biography
Michael Jackson Videos
Boombox: Listen to "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (2008)" with Akon

Most Popular Pop Stations

XM 20 on 20Interactive top 20 chart

XM Flight 26A mix of modern hits from the '90s and today

XM HitListTop 40 hits of yesterday and today

'90s PopA decade of chart toppers

All Janet JacksonCelebrate 20 years of Janet Jackson with all her classics

All MadonnaMadonna: from Ingenue to Icon

All Mariah CareyAll the hits and more from one of the biggest divas of our time

All Michael Jackson All the hits, rarities and more from the King of Pop

Awesome '80sTotally tubular tunes

Best of 2007Only the biggest hits that defined the soundtrack of 2007

-

Last edited:
Re: * Official Michael Jackson * AOL (((XM))) Radio CONTEST!!!

thriller_header_image3.jpg

Contest Begins - February 12, 2008 & Ends
6AM ET February 22, 2008 11:59:59PM ET

XM's The '80s on 8 is celebrating the release of the 25th anniversary of Thriller by giving you a chance to win a copy of the brand-new Thriller 25th Anniversary Edition.

Michael Jackson's music still inspires and thumps that thing in your brain that says, "This is tasty, and I can dance to it." Without him there may not have been a Justin Timberlake or a slew of others that either sample him or blatantly recreate MJ's flavor and claim it for themselves.

Pop music's biggest year was 1983 and Thriller was the biggest album of all time. Listen to Rick, Kandy, and Jo Jo on The '80s - XM 8 to find out when to get your copy beginning Monday, 2/11.

prize_header.gif

In honor of 25th anniversary of Thriller, The '80s - XM 8 is giving away 50 copies of Thriller 25th Anniversary Edition.

New tracks include "Beat It" with the inclusion of Fergie and the Kanye West remixes of "Billie Jean." You'll also find the unreleased ballad "For All Time" from the original Thriller sessions.

Read the complete rules for more information » | The '80s - XM 8 »

instruction_header.gif

The '80s - XM 8 will play tracks off the CD. Listeners will be instructed to call 1-866-267-0348 whenever they hear a track from Thriller. Each day of the competition, five winners will be selected at random.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. See official rules for complete details. Must be legal US resident 18 or older at time of entry. Ends February 22, 2008. Void where prohibited.

spacer.gif

During March, XM celebrates the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller on XM Thriller channel 63. You'll hear:
  • Tracks from Thriller 25, the special 25th anniversary re-issue of the greatest-selling album of all time
  • Other classic Michael Jackson and Jackson 5 tracks
  • Thriller producer Quincy Jones' personal insights into the making of the epic album
A major part of Jackson's legacy is 1982's Thriller, which cemented his reputation as the top '80s pop musician. About 25 million copies of the album sold in the US, with another 20 million overseas.

Groundbreaking MTV videos for the album's title track, "Beat It," and "Billie Jean" were a big part of the record's success. Seven of Thriller's nine tracks entered the top ten, and the album remained at number one for 37 weeks in a row.

Multi-talented artist and producer Quincy Jones worked with Michael Jackson to craft the songs that make up Thriller. Jones will be executive advisor for XM Thriller.

spacer.gif

sidebar_michael_jackson.jpg

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/features/thriller.xmc
_

Last edited:
Re: * Official Michael Jackson * AOL (((XM))) - The '80s "XM 8" Radio CONTEST!!! Details on post #2

Only 2 days left to win...

:bump

Re: * Official Michael Jackson * AOL (((XM))) - The '80s "XM 8" Radio CONTEST!!! Details on post #2

thanks. :)

I won that contest on the 15th. :)

OMG, everyone... Guess what? They are doing a contest... Read about it here: http://xmradio.com/onxm/features/thriller.xmc

Anyways... I JUST CALLED IN AND WON!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I am uploading an entire recording of the song they played AND when it was over and they had me on the radio!! I didn't act as excited as I truly was because I am at work now and had to keep composure, but my initial first words were, "Oh my God..." LOL That should say something about how excited and shocked I was to be the first caller!!! :)

Thank you, Michael! Thank you XM!! And thank you to my work for putting up with me. :lol:

Update: Here is a link that you can download to hear the whole thing!! :) Enjoy!

http://download.yousendit.com/24CBAF3D41F86B2B

Re: * Official AllMichaelJackson * AOL Radio - FYI/Reminder: 5/23/08

The partnership between AOL Radio and XM Satellite Radio has ended. As you may or may not be aware, XM’s business is focused on having consumers pay for their channels and AOL's business has changed from subscription based to advertising supported, so we are no longer able to offer XM’s channels. In addition, the record labels have dramatically increased the music royalty rates paid for Internet Radio. This action by the record labels left us no choice but to look for an alternative way to stay in the internet radio business...read more >>> http://journals.aol.com/theradioblog/aolradio/

The good news is that even with all the changes, the AllMichaelJackson channel is STILL available :D

As a matter of fact, the ads (sponsors) have increased, SO...

y'all remember to tune in & rate the songs while you're on the net from time to time to help keep AllMichaelJackson online, ALL the time.

http://radioplayer.aol.com/player/launcher?ar=us_en_radio_980x883_aolradio&id=radio:aggregate:22885

Having this option to listen to MJ's music could prove to be beneficial when the NEW album drops! :cheeky:

:timer:

Re: * Official AllMichaelJackson * AOL Radio - (update) FYI/Reminder: 5/23/08

Thanks for mentioning. I wondered why it was still available when originally I thought it was only going to be for a month. I love this station. I e-mailed then twice letting them know how much I love it but I don't think I ever (or maybe only once or twice used the rating) because it is all great and I don't want them to change their mix. I hadn't thought about it as a means of letting them know my interest in Michael's music as a whole.

AOL Radio is no longer affiliated with (((XM))) Radio
and is now powered by CBS Radio instead...
read more >>> It's here! The new AOL Radio player

This new direct link takes you to >>>

AllMichaelJackson @ AOL/CBS Radio

with all new features, including choice of settings for connection speed, song skip (click the >l button), etc...

:dancin:

Thanks for mentioning. I wondered why it was still available when originally I thought it was only going to be for a month. I love this station. I e-mailed then twice letting them know how much I love it but I don't think I ever (or maybe only once or twice used the rating) because it is all great and I don't want them to change their mix. I hadn't thought about it as a means of letting them know my interest in Michael's music as a whole.

U R welcome...as for it only being available for only one month (March), that was strictly an (((XM))) radio thang (Thriller Channel 63) along with Quincy Jones, separately from the station they had with AOL...

it IS confusing :scratch:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info - I'm listening to "It's The falling In Love" - blast from the past

thank you i told all my friends I'm listening to in the closet right now!.........there something about you michael that makes me want to give it to you *dances around the room to in the closet*

Back