Robert Nesta Marley - Bob Marley!

Catherine..

Proud Member
Robert "Bob" Nesta Marley OM (February 6, 1945May 11, 1981)

278791.jpg

Robert "Bob" Nesta Marley OM (February 6, 1945May 11, 1981) was a Jamaican singer, songwriter, guitarist, and activist. He is the most widely known performer of reggae music. Marley is regarded by many as a prophet of the Rastafari movement.
Marley is best known for his reggae songs, which include the hits "I Shot the Sheriff", "No Woman, No Cry", "Three Little Birds", "Exodus", "Could You Be Loved", " Jamming", "Redemption Song", and "One Love".[1] His posthumous compilation album Legend (1984) is the best-selling reggae album ever, with sales of more than 12 million copies.

What are your favourite Bob Marley songs?
Bob Marley and the Wailers.
Do you love Bob Marley?
Albums? Performances? Whatver...
Share your love!

Well Bob Marley is one of the main artists I love. I grew up and his music was all around. And I think he is one of the greatest artists of all time... ^_^

70550.jpg

I met his son Julian Marley one time. But that was only brief, but it was a great experience.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for that picture..
I am a big fan of Bob Marley (i have his name tattood on my upperarm, that about says it all) but never found the picture of him with the Jackson 5 (but i knew they had met).

The true king of reggae, i am still sad he had to die so early because of that stupid disease...

Last edited:
'Time will tell' is one of my favorites b.t.w.
And of course some of the more famous work (one love, 3 little birds, etc)...

tattootje.jpg

(dont mind the other klingon tattoo)

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for that picture..
I am a big fan of Bob Marley (i have his name tattood on my upperarm, that about says it all) but never found the picture of him with the Jackson 5 (but i knew they had met).

The true king of reggae, i am still sad he had to die so early because of that stupid disease...
You're welcome, I just noticed the picture is backwards looking at Tito's shirt, lol. I really like 'Punky Reggae Party'.

Bob Marley is one of the greatest and most influential artists that ever lived. I grew up listening to his music, definitely a big fan.

Bob Marley was cool, one of the coolest people of all time. And he was mixed race !

LOL so? What's the big deal about him being mixed race?

His father was english if i remeber it well, his mom Jamaican.

Not that its all that important though...

My oldst son thinks its cool that Bob isd Mixed race (just like my kids), he likes listening tot Bob's music.

Bob Marley was the truth in terms of his messages. You didn't have to be in the Rastafarian religion to understand what he was talking about.

Back