Chris Brown biting Mike's style, & poses on cover of Men's Health

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
Hey Gys. Well i didnt see a trade like this on here so i'ma post it.... I found it on KOP Discussion...Thanks...for KOP Discussion Member *relyte*

this post is probably gonna get moved, but i wanted to bring to your attention yet another example of young Chris Brown biting MJ's style, while this time claiming "I don't want to be in the same lane with everybody else, just Michael Jackson's lane." Chris Brown
he's even holding his hand/fingers damn near exactly how Mike does when he poses with his arm outstretched

img-resized.png
Reduced: 84% of original size [ 606 x 800 ] - Click to view full image

ChrisBrownMHcoveredited.jpg

I Think Its COOOL!!!!!!!

Last edited:
this guy idolizes michael, i don't see anything wrong with it because he gives props to michael!

"I don't want to be in the same lane with everybody else, just Michael Jackson's lane."

hahahahahahahahahaah. Did he actually say that? lol. Too funny!

Last edited:
To a certain point, I also think it's cool for him to do stuff like this,but he kinda overdoes it.I mean,lately we see more of Michael in him than his own personality.He has to find his own style and try and create something new,if he really wants to be "in the same lane" as Michael.Just my opinion. :)

I Still think He Will find His style in the future...But 4 NOW Michael is his thing so i think it Really Awsome of him to do this!!!! And imagen this, All of CB's Fans Will become MJ fans too!!!! Lol That would be awsomE!!!! Michael'll have like, MORE Fans than the ELVIS(God rest his soul) &Bettles Fans combined!!!

Last edited:
hes just an impersonator nothing more nothing less.
the guy has some talent yet no identity
LMAO @ "I don't want to be in the same lane with everybody else, just Michael Jackson's lane."
he so dumb and immature dayum :blink:

hes nothing more than a common music star atm and he acts so damn cocky and snub

Last edited:
Whatever. I like Chris and I don't think he's overly arrogant or cocky at all.

Great love to see him give props to Michael
Michael is also impressed with Chris .. No
Harm done it a great honor for Michael and
Chris coulnt find a better person to Imulate
Its good publicity for Michael and for chris
A win win situation as far as I can see
No harm in it .. its all about the love ..
I like Chris Brown -

nothing wrong with being inspired by someone but biting someones style COMPLETELY and copying them like crazy ? now thats what annoys me

At first, I was like, "can he get his own identity?" However, the bashing of calling him "cocky" and "dumb" is uncalled for. I remember when I said on the MJJF board some three years ago that this young man is gonna be a star and DAMN was I right. :) Go, Chris! Hopefully, he will get his own identity as soon as possible. LOL.

and whats the problem again with ppl having and expressing their own opinions ?
i said the guy has talent but hes way too arrogant for being hardly 2,5 years in the business. he was a nobody 3 years ago. he's had out two albums which were average and had low/medium sales and hes acting like hes someone SO better than the other artists of today like neyo, usher, justin, kanye west etc etc who have been in the show business longer and have had bigger success. yes hes too cocky and immature IMO if he thinks hes so special and he can be on the same level of success as michael

Last edited:
as they say, imitation is the best form of flattery but i think chris brown is overdoing it. i also think he needs to have his own identity and not just be in the shadow of michael. his success will be sweeter if he stops being a michael jackson clone. besides, the TRUE KING IS BACK. pretenders will just have to move aside

i said the guy has talent but hes way too arrogant for being hardly 2,5 years in the business. he was a nobody 3 years ago. he's had out two albums which were average and had low/medium sales and hes acting like hes someone SO better than the other artists of today like neyo, usher, justin, kanye west etc etc who have been in the show business longer and have had bigger success. yes hes too cocky and immature IMO if he thinks hes so special and he can be on the same level of success as michael
The bit about being in thes ame lane as Michael was added on by some mischievous fan from another board. It was not said by Chris. What he said is actually written on the cover,.He did not mention MJ at all.:)

Last edited:
as they say, imitation is the best form of flattery but i think chris brown is overdoing it. i also think he needs to have his own identity and not just be in the shadow of michael. his success will be sweeter if he stops being a michael jackson clone. besides, the TRUE KING IS BACK. pretenders will just have to move aside
And this is where the problem lies because once upon a time you could be a star whithout your own identity, therefore no 2 star did sound alike, but now it is so easy to copy almost as if they are trying to find a replacement for MJ rather than find a unigue talent.^_^

The bit about being in thes ame lane as Michael was added on by some mischievous fan from another board. It was not said by Chris. What he said is actually written on the cover,.He did not mention MJ at all.:)

yes i know i read it but thats what hes said before a million times and thats what hes implying right here. anyway the statement "i dont wanna be on the same lane as everyone else" alone says it all

yes i know i read it but thats what hes said before a million times and thats what hes implying right here. anyway the statement "i dont wanna be on the same lane as everyone else" alone says it all
Yes, that statement alone is ridiculous when he is posing like someone else.:)

And this is where the problem lies because once upon a time you could be a star whithout your own identity, therefore no 2 star did sound alike, but now it is so easy to copy almost as if they are trying to find a replacement for MJ rather than find a unigue talent.^_^

talent nowadays is a cheap commodity. anybody who looks good can be a star. never mind if talent is not even there to begin with. i am not saying chris brown lacks talent. sure he has it but he is simply isnt offering anything new other than being a poor michael jackson copy. Michael is michael. He has made his mark. Chris Brown shld. be able to make his own mark and not just get attention by constantly being a clone

At first, I was like, "can he get his own identity?" However, the bashing of calling him "cocky" and "dumb" is uncalled for. I remember when I said on the MJJF board some three years ago that this young man is gonna be a star and DAMN was I right. :) Go, Chris! Hopefully, he will get his own identity as soon as possible. LOL.

I agree. There was no reason to call him dumb, that was uncalled for. You don't like him or his music and think he's just an MJ wannabe, fine, but there's no need to be nasty and start getting personal by calling him names when he didn't do anything to deserve it. I mean, it's not like he insulted Mike or something, quite the opposite actually lol. I do think however that he SHOULD find his own identity if he wants to be taken more seriously as an artist.

Last edited:
I agree. There was no reason to call him dumb, that was uncalled for. You don't like him or his music and think he's just an MJ wannabe, fine, but there's no need to be nasty and start getting personal by calling him names when he didn't do anything to deserve it. I mean, it's not like he insulted Mike or something, quite the opposite actually lol. I do think however that he SHOULD find his own identity if he wants to be taken more seriously as an artist.

and how do u know i dont like his music ? :huh: and why cant ppl just dislike someone for the a or b reason and state it ? cuz thats all that i did. i didnt call him dumb or cocky cuz i enjoy it calling him that. i did it cuz thats the impression i've gotten from him from many various statements that hes made before (incl this one).
ppl are just too touchy dayum

and how do u know i dont like his music ? :huh: and why cant ppl just dislike someone for the a or b reason and state it ? cuz thats all that i did. i didnt call him dumb or cocky cuz i enjoy it calling him that. i did it cuz thats the impression i've gotten from him from many various statements that hes made before (incl this one).

Ohhh, the irony. I don't know if you like his music or not and frankly I don't really care. You just keep making these statements about him being dumb yet you have failed to come up with any REAL reason or specific reason for saying he's dumb. If you can't back up your statements with ACTUAL quotes or something then please don't even bother because it's really just a waste of time.

I don't even know why i'm arguing with you though. From reading your other posts, I already know you just like to push people's buttons and get them riled up, but it aint gonna work with me lol. Sorry.

Ohhh, the irony. I don't know if you like his music or not and frankly I don't really care. You just keep making these statements about him being dumb yet you have failed to come up with any REAL reason or specific reason for saying he's dumb. If you can't back up your statements with ACTUAL quotes or something then please don't even bother because it's really just a waste of time.

I don't even know why i'm arguing with you though. From reading your other posts, I already know you just like to push people's buttons and get them riled up, but it aint gonna work with me lol. Sorry.

failed to say why hes dumb ? :blink: hes dumb cuz he keeps saying that hes got his own style and hes not like nobody else yet hes copying like mad michael jackson and hes ripping off his style and his moves completely. he doesnt wanna be on the same lane as everyone yet hes posing like someone else.
i dont wanna get nobody riled up. u have gotten the wrong impression. if u dont think im worth enough to be replied by urself then dont bother replying to my posts again.
i said what i think about the guy and got attacked by u and someone else because i "called him names". i have my opinion and i stand by it until he proves me wrong until he gets an identity of his own and do sth innovative and great with his music.

Ok, gys. i started this trade to show how Chris Brown is Influenced by Michael and how good of him it is to show Love for MJ!!!! But some of u gys. (You know who you are) Need to stop Attacking CB, He's like THE ONLY ARTIST THat does MJ Moves on His Concerts....EACH And EVERY of his concerts, so Its not really NICE To BASH An ARTIST Who looks up to Michael... I'm not saying You dont have Freedom of Speech, But seriously, Those of U who think CB's OVER doing it, NEED To take A Chill Pill, And GET OVER IT!!! I didnt start this Topic so that Fans start arguing and Forget the real REASON for this trade!!!!

THanks!!!

Last edited:

Roxanne, do you know the guy personally? You act like you know the dude. He is 18 years old, he is young, he does not know any better. If he acts the way he supposedly acts, what does that have to do with his career? You act like the guy should be damned. LOL. You can have an opinion, but the bashing is immature. I mean, how old are you? You are an adult, right? So, act like one. He was a singer trying to get a deal three years ago. And everyone is a someone. (In some cases, it depends).

How do you know that he is acting the way you are describing? You are hating at someone that has never trashed anyone. That is doing his own thing. That has respected MJ. That guy is a fan like us. He is not that fool Jay Leno or Diane Demon. He is a young singer that has the hottest songs on the radio right now. He did a MJ theme for his birthday, I mean, after everything that MJ has been through, who would have thought that a popular young singer would pay tribute to Mike by doing that? No one. I give him a lot of props for even doing that. You can'tr prove that he is cocky so what are you actually talking about? He wants to be the next MJ, GOOD FOR THE DUDE! That is an excellent goal. At least he is not saying that he wants to be the next R. Kelly. Now, I would have an issue with that. Roxanne, just chill. Chris Brown is not a threat or a problem.

I do think however that he SHOULD find his own identity if he wants to be taken more seriously as an artist.

I agree. Right now, he wants to have fun.

So? Your point? You are on a discussion board.

I really like Chris brown...and I feel like he has his own style...his music style is not like MJ's style at all (it mite be inspired...but its different)...u can definately see MJ's moves in his dancing...but is that so wrong to do? This guy is not solely an MJ impersonater, he also makes his own music....

Besides, I think Mj fans should really appreciate other artists who embrace MJ openly.......there are not many artists who do that.....Chris Brown is an MJ fan above all....and as an MJ fan myself I really appreciate his support!

Back