All Things *Discipline* Janet's New CD ~All Threads Merged~

IvanaIloveMJ

Proud Member
Photograph3.jpg

Photograph6.jpg

I luv it!!!!:yes:

Re: New Photo From The Discipline Booklet

A lot of pictures (some scans, some HQ) from the Discipline listening party booklet [sic] I've collected :)

6.jpg
14.jpg

album4.jpg
album7.jpg

surprise2.jpg

Janet apparently is starting overseas promo in the UK at the end of march begining of april... and she is filming a video for uk release for LUV.

Here are clips of singles and more info as soon as they get it.
Janet Love is shaping up to be the best janet info site
lol.gif

http://www.janet-love.com/

spacer.gif

album6.jpg

Last edited:

LUV for UK release?! Whats wrong with IDJ?? LUV should be for the US and RWU for the UK. RWU isn't doing anything in US radio, LUV is way above in airplay. And its a better song IMO.

But anyway...

those pictures [faints]

Thank you!!
And....5 new tracks have been leaked!
WOW! It's an amazing album! :wild:
Can't wait to get my copyyyy!

I have no idea @ floacist.
I thought Rock With U was for the European market, and Luv was for US. I read this on Janet-Love, I don't know who or what their source is... so it might not be true.

Thank you!!
And....5 new tracks have been leaked!
WOW! It's an amazing album! :wild:
Can't wait to get my copyyyy!
Yep its shaping up to be a great album. :wub:^_^

she takes great photos.. but IMO.. I think the sexual overtones of bondage.. on those photos.. might not work to her advantage on this album...

Discipline has leaked!!!

Yep.

Only a few days before release which is considerably good in this day and age.

Anyone heard it yet?

Re: Discipline has leaked!!!

OK, I've listened to the leak (don't worry, I plan on actually buying it) and this is what I think....

First off, I love the intro track. So cool.

"Feedback", the single, is awesome. Such a club banger. It's got a bit of MJ's "Ghosts" in there, but for the most part this is a true Janet song. I love it.

"LUV" is great. I like it almost as much as "Feedback". OMG, I just found out it's produced by Darkchild. Same with Feedback. That's...interesting. I never really thought much of Darkchild as a songwriter/producer judging by his work on Vince, but these two songs are amazing. Maybe MJ working with Darkchild on his upcoming album wouldn't be so bad.

"Rollercoaster" has great lyrics. But it's the first song first far that I haven't been blown away by.

lol @ Bathroom Break

"Rock With U" sounds like a tribute to her brother IMO. From the start, "I want to rock with you", those are lyrics straight out of Michael's song with the same name. This is a cool song and I definitely think it's some sort of a gesture to Michael.

Things just keep getting better and better. I'm loving "2nite". Such an addictive synth part and guitar. Damn, this song is good. It sounds very OTW to be honest. This is my favourite so far. wow.

"Can't Be Good" is freaking me out. She sounds exactly like Michael in parts. Lol, seriously. Is that Michael? Maybe Janet was sick that day and Michael filled in for her. lol. I know they are brother and sister but damn. Particularly at the start, she sounds exactly like Michael. Come to think of it, this reminds me so much of an MJ song but I can't put my finger on which one. Hmm. Does this remind anyone else of any MJ songs?

I love the guitar at the start and end of "Never Letchu Go". This is such a classic R&B/pop ballad. Reminds me of those 90s R&B/pop ballads. But to be honest, this hasn't wowed me like "Feedback", "LUV" and "2nite". It's nice. Just nice.

"Greatest X" is amazing. It's absolutely heart-wrenching. I am actually speechless after this song. Give me a few more listens to process a better response to this song. lol.

So Much Betta is interesting. The distorted voice is cool. I love the part around the 1 minute mark and right at the end. Now that's cool.

Missy's rapping in "The 1" is so good. I love the percussion in this song too. As well as the orchestra hit synths. The "really wanna ah" stuff is cool.

Im sorry to say, but I'm up to "What's Ur Name" and I'm starting to lose interest.

Don't worry, false alarm. "The Meaning" interlude grabbed my attention and then it led into the maybe the best song on the album, "Discipline". It's very powerful. So sexy in such a different way. Damn, there's even orgasm noises.

So I'm now listening to "Curtains", a decent album closer. Time to recap on the album. This is a great album that has reignited my love for Janet. I've definitely enjoyed this album more than her previous few attempts. My favourite song overall is probably 2nite. But it's a bit hard to say at this point. I probably give this album a 7.5/10. In short, I really like it.

Last edited:

Nice review and pretty much sums up the way I feel.

The standout tracks for me are: Feedback, Luv, Rock With U, 2nite, Greatest X and Discipline.

...and I'm actually liking "So Much Betta" more than I did earlier. Very weird, but in a cool way.
Probably the only track on the album that is different to anything she's ever done in the past.

A step in the right direction for Miss Janet!
6/10

I really like this album. I think it's some of her best work in a long time.
Can't Be Good does remind me of one of Mike's songs. I think it's Off the Wall, like a slowed down version of the bass riff is incorporated into it or something.

Hmm... I've only listened to Feedback, Rock wit U and Can't be good...and I LIKE it. Like it a lot. Rock wit U has a modern disco sort of feel to it. I don't have time to finish listening to them all now (on youtube) but I think the MJ song Can't be Good reminds you of is "I Can't Help it" from Off the Wall. It does have a Michael feel to it but it also has a very early Janet feel as well (circa Rythm Nation). I think the Jacksons are about to take over 2008. :lol: I'll have to give the rest of the songs a listen tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

Yes I Can't Help It!
that's the one it reminds me of!
I couldn't quite figure it out lol

It reminds me of "I Can't Help It" also.

Re: Janet's MTV super sweet new commercial

ahaha that was so cute!
i loved it. and i can't stand that show my super sweet 16. it's just filled with selfish brats.

lol..that's what happens when everything goes well for you all the time...u become a *****

i like Janet's commercial..and i'll have both cars now.:D

LOL! :lol: Ooh I can't wait for the rest of the ten commercials!

Janet’s seemingly robotic companion on Discipline is called Kyoko :)

guys just a friendly reminder, I know none of you have yet, but please don't share links to the leaked file if you have them.

Just a curtesy :flowers:

better than Damita Jo and 20YO but no Velvet Rope.

has some good tracks though.. i can pick out 4-5 strong ones

would have been nice to see one or two Jam & Lewis tracks on there, though. could have definitely replaced some of the weak ones...

7/10

Last edited:

yeah i wish Janet would write about more sensitive and personal topics like how she used to instead of having the same old sexual type of songs

yeah i wish Janet would write about more sensitive and personal topics like how she used to instead of having the same old sexual type of songs

At least she doesn't "Gasp" and "Cum" on this album.
Surely, you'd give her points for that? :lol:

Back