The bigger picture - T25 - Is MJ proving a point?

rickd

Proud Member
Was just thinking about these stories floating around about sales numbers for T25. Very early indications suggest it will be top 5 and there is a chance of a USA #1, which would be huge.

Lets say the weekend goes well, lets say we get more and more reports of stores being sold out and MJ ends up with another #1 album in America.

Do you think, knowing how confident MJ can be, he is proving a point to somebody or some people?

Sony have invested energy and $ into this project and i for one am happy to see them have a decent crack at it.

I just have this thought that MJ is sitting back thinking, well there is a 25 year old album with some remixes with some kids that was "fun", i havent shown my face or done ANY media to support the project and without trying i've sold over 100k and get a #1, 2 or 3 in the first week.

No video
No press
No interviews
No appearances
Potential # 1

Isn't that a powerful thing to take with you when you negotiating a new deal?

the haters are going to beside themselves if Sony pull off a number one here.

Lets discuss because i think this is a very exciting time we got goin on here and we might not even know it.

It's Michael Jackson he doesn't need anything to bring with him when negotiating a deal.

And other than two music videos, a couple decent performances, and a public appearance for it, Invincible's turning out to have the same amount of promotion as Thriller 25.

Of course, this project could have many purposes and preform many purposes at the SAME TIME.

1. Introduce MJ's music to a new audience
2. Work with today's artists (mentor-esque)
3. Test the waters for new material
4. Prove (for whatever reason) that he's marketable
5. Test SONY to see how well they can promote
6. Test the new artists he's working with to see if there's any of that infamous 'chemistry'
7. Put the name 'Michael Jackson" in people's heads, to get them ready for new material, and remind them why he is so great in the first place
8. Gather GOOD pr for a change
9. Of course, celebrate the biggest selling album of all time.

T25 performs all this and more.

MJ KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING YA'LL. Nay-sayers that keep complaining better recogniiiizzzeee lol

Of course, this project could have many purposes and preform many purposes at the SAME TIME.

6. Test the new artists he's working with to see if there's any of that infamous 'chemistry'
7. Put the name 'Michael Jackson" in people's heads, to get them ready for new material, and remind them why he is so great in the first place

MJ KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING YA'LL. Nay-sayers that keep complaining better recogniiiizzzeee lol
i agree to all of these and we all must say that his bigest discover right now is akon who made great work with wbss, im sure michael will work with him more to his next album.

J5 Master, you it the nail on the head with this one. We all know that Michael has been in the music business for the majority of his life, and he knows how things work.

Put out your past greatest selling work, that is the best selling piece of all time, celebrate it, give it more publicity (although it does that on it's own) bring other artists to the table from today's music to collaborate with you, let kids know about your legend and all of your past successes, then put out another piece of work and it will reach both young and old.

He knows that he has to reach the younger audience of today, and by collaborating with todays artists who they're familiar with, it'll give him a stronger platform to release his new work.

Soooo exciting. Love you Michael 4 ever!! :wub:

J5 as usually you're so right.... look you've listed the celebration thing as the lat point- very true....

I would add to it that Michael, this time around ,has decided to use the album's fame in order to help with the promotion of his new work.....
in the past the "Thriller' success overshadowed his other albums
but the things may change since it's the right time (its 25th anniversary)so why not using it's potential in a positive way... isn't smart?

Good luck with your career, Michael! :D

Last edited:
That's an interesting point, but how about this one? Yes, "Thriller" is really nothing new, just a bunch of remixes, yet it is outperforming some NEW music out there....What kind of statement do you think that makes on today's music??

I agree, T25 was a good idea. :) He knows what he's doing.

Back