Michael Jackson Conspiracy Book Good/Bad? (merged)

MJzPrincess1982

lindsay is the name.. mj is my fav entertainer
Aphrodite Jones' Book: MJ Conspiracy: Good or bad?

I triiiied and searched for this thread only to find a few on this topic but, alas, they were closed :/

I just ordered this book off of amazon and am pretty excited. Members @ MJNO seem to say kind things about the book.

What do you fans here say? Anything different?

I really hope it's not a waste of money nor do I want to spend $$ on a book that is just created to mock him, in some way :/ I've heard some swear by it; saying that everything in it is factual and legit. And still others kinda roll their eyes and gawk, saying how she is just 'sucking up' and how she's 'changed' :unsure: I, for one, cannot wait. And I forgot how old the book was. :lol:

Re: Aphrodite Jones' Book: MJ Conspiracy: Good or bad?

i liked the book, its very factual and tells you everything that happened in the trail. I would recommend it to anymore

A very good book, worth your money. I promise! There's a chapter on MJ's Bashir interview which is uncut. He said some pretty interesting stuff. I can type it out if you want!

Oh no wait, I won't spoil it for you! :lol:

Where can I purchase it please?

You can buy it from Amazon. :yes:

Last edited:

possibly the best book i've read
a major credit to AJ and TMez

Absolutely one of the best MJ books EVER. Just incredible! Great resource and reference book for MJ fans and non fans. Awesome evidence, court documents and POV from a woman in the media. :yes:

The only book on Michael I liked & find trustworhy (except for the Moonwalk - but that's kinda obvious since Michael wrote it himself.)

Absolutely one of the best MJ books EVER. Just incredible! Great resource and reference book for MJ fans and non fans. Awesome evidence, court documents and POV from a woman in the media. :yes:

:yes: Couldn't say it better!

Very good book IMO. Well researched and well written. My only complaint, if you can call it that, is that she gets a little too positive about Michael sometimes. At some points she's pretty much gushing over him and talking about how dignified he is etc, which is ok for us fans, but does take away a little of the credibility. A stricly objective account of what went on would have been more convincing if you put the book in the hands of non-fans. Speaking from a purely emotional perspective though, it is a joy to read something positive about Michael for a change. There is no doubt that you will enjoy reading this book.

Very good book IMO. Well researched and well written. My only complaint, if you can call it that, is that she gets a little too positive about Michael sometimes. At some points she's pretty much gushing over him and talking about how dignified he is etc, which is ok for us fans, but does take away a little of the credibility. A stricly objective account of what went on would have been more convincing if you put the book in the hands of non-fans. Speaking from a purely emotional perspective though, it is a joy to read something positive about Michael for a change. There is no doubt that you will enjoy reading this book.

I agree with you in a sense, but at the same time, my mother was in tears on the first page because of AJ's writing. She said those bits about Michael's presence really helped the book, and helped her to understand that MJ was human and not just a personality. I think that's what AJ tried to do with those pieces of writing.

It is a joy to read and I'd happily give it to fans and non fans to read any day! :)

It is an excellent book, probably more informative to people who did not follow it in detail, i.e. reading court documents and testimony transcripts but still a really good, well written book.

Although I remain sceptical about her reasons for writting it, she does sound sincere and whatever her motives I am glad she wrote it.

Am not surprised she could not get major publishers to publish it, especially as Murdoch is apparently a big shareholder in Harper Collins who have a monopoly in publishing. That actually gives the book credibility in my eyes.

Am sure you will be pleased with the purchase, but it does bring back all the anger and outrage at the injustice that Michael suffered.

There are a few factual errors, like she posted a picture of Brett Barnes and called him Jordan Chandler :doh: and she called Black or White 'Black and White'. Oh and the fact that it turns in to abit of a fairtytale fantasy when she's describing Michael. I wish it had the full transcript from the Bashir outtakes.

I'm about halfway through right now, I got it about a week ago and so far I'm really liking it. Far better than any other MJ books I've read, so I'm generally happy I bought and think it was worth it.

There are a few factual errors, like she posted a picture of Brett Barnes and called him Jordan Chandler :doh: and she called Black or White 'Black and White'. Oh and the fact that it turns in to abit of a fairtytale fantasy when she's describing Michael. I wish it had the full transcript from the Bashir outtakes.

loll. true.
BUT its the ONLy book out there that covers the MJ trial truthfully and factually.
1 of the best MJ books out there. definately must read and must have:)
though I wish shed given a lil more ya know...
I made 1 thread on MJNO ("Aphrodite Jones Kepping it Real")...I think I should post the info I got here 2....
some interesting things she mentions in her blog she didnt put in her book....
:ermm::yes:

Last edited:

And Aphrodite Jones also forgot to mention how inappropriate and childish comment TS said to Chris Tucker, who was the last witness. They showed a photo of Chris with his family at Neverland. Chris confirmed it was him and as a joke asked if he could get a copy of the picture. Sneddon replied "If you're a good boy" :eek: Jurors were not pleased with the comment.

This was later told by AJ in one of her interviews.

The book does not go over EVERYTHING.. But is a good summary of the trial.. FOR ME, more than the trial info I liked it for the discriptions of what was going on IN court while sertain things were being said.. Jury reactions, MJ reactions, media reactions etc...

U know the book was supported by Tom Mez., he even wrote the foreword to it..

After reading it, it triggered my interest to see what wikkepedia said about the trial.. I know that site is REALLY popular, so I read what it said.. It PISSED ME OFF.

They try to hide it, but it is filled with negitive/deragitory comments about Michael. NOT SAYING, but hinting to MJ being guilty.. It has many facts, but it's filled with lies as well..

THINGS LIKE: When they mention something said by the Arvizo family, they mention it like IT HAPPENED.. when it's the defence or MJ's team saying something they add words like.. "alleged" etc..

FOR EXAMPLE: When the Arvizo's left Neverland, they make it seem it was against the families will.. ".. Even though they did not want to"

When they mention Facts that MJ's defence brought up, they "Michael Jackson elleges that....."

I spent a good amount of time editing the page.. Adding in the FACTS. chaning the words up, making it sound like the TRUTH.. MJ being the truth, and ARVIZO's being the ones ALLEGING.. etc. I added a lot of other things they kept out from court transcripts etc.. SO I put it in there... I checked it later yesterday night, and it was all edited back to the way it was before I touched it.. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

What can we do at this point?? Is there a way to report the page, and/or get it deleted?? When you edit it, you can see he/she who wrote it got the information from Randy Tarribarelli's books (sp).. Which we all know mixes alot of lies with facts to make a "good" story..

Here take a look... I find it rediculous.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_tr...ichael_Jackson

CAN WE DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS???

I agree with all that found it useful and generally a great read. I think that everyone should have it not because its a positive book about MJ but because it presents the truth. The fact that Aphrodite found it impossible to get it published is one of the main reasons that I have bought it for myself and some friends. Its very scary to me to think that in this century media (selected few in the media) can have this much power in controlling what peeps are allowed to read etc and therefore control peeps actions/beliefs etc.

I honestly would have bought it even if it wasn't about MJ to add my little support against the mind-control power that seem to be largely acceptable. It makes me wonder how many other books haven't been published for these very reason?. I also think that by supporting this book its one of the major ways to open door for more books like these to be published. It may be about MJ today but is nothing is done who knows who will be next.

Ms Jones does speak highly about MJ at times but I don't see any probs with that. Considering all the nasty stuff that have been written about him, a few great words won't hurt (besides what she says is true (in her opinion), nothing wrong with been a great person).

Didn't mean to rumble on :lol: My answer is that I love the book (has a few errors) but in the big picture absolutely worth buying.

Last edited:

Thanks guys. I cannot wait to get it. I was actually worried that i'd never get this book. :lol:

And I did get the book off of AMAZON.COM, as Neems already mentioned. :yes:

The book does not go over EVERYTHING.. But is a good summary of the trial.. FOR ME, more than the trial info I liked it for the discriptions of what was going on IN court while sertain things were being said.. Jury reactions, MJ reactions, media reactions etc...

U know the book was supported by Tom Mez., he even wrote the foreword to it..

After reading it, it triggered my interest to see what wikkepedia said about the trial.. I know that site is REALLY popular, so I read what it said.. It PISSED ME OFF.

They try to hide it, but it is filled with negitive/deragitory comments about Michael. NOT SAYING, but hinting to MJ being guilty.. It has many facts, but it's filled with lies as well..

THINGS LIKE: When they mention something said by the Arvizo family, they mention it like IT HAPPENED.. when it's the defence or MJ's team saying something they add words like.. "alleged" etc..

FOR EXAMPLE: When the Arvizo's left Neverland, they make it seem it was against the families will.. ".. Even though they did not want to"

When they mention Facts that MJ's defence brought up, they "Michael Jackson elleges that....."

I spent a good amount of time editing the page.. Adding in the FACTS. chaning the words up, making it sound like the TRUTH.. MJ being the truth, and ARVIZO's being the ones ALLEGING.. etc. I added a lot of other things they kept out from court transcripts etc.. SO I put it in there... I checked it later yesterday night, and it was all edited back to the way it was before I touched it.. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

What can we do at this point?? Is there a way to report the page, and/or get it deleted?? When you edit it, you can see he/she who wrote it got the information from Randy Tarribarelli's books (sp).. Which we all know mixes alot of lies with facts to make a "good" story..

Here take a look... I find it rediculous.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_tr...ichael_Jackson

CAN WE DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS???
Why don't the fans get together abnd change the wiki story, isn't it the public that do the writing. We know the truth, so why don't we write it?

welllll, I like Aphrodite from watching her vids on youtube, and hearing how she reasons with these people. I cant believe that I have tons of MJ books, and I STILL havent gotten around to getting that one!!!!!!!!! I'm off to Amazon!!!

i've bought 2 copies, 1 for myself and 1 for a friend and even he liked it....just read it! you'll like it too....

totally agree with you....i ordered it from amazon and it only took a couple of days to arrive, i got it last week and only have one chapter left to read now.....its excellent............definitely one of the best MJ books i have read

The book is pretty good. I have the book and I loved the book.

Aphrodite Jones was a "hater" and she talked about that in her book.

Overall, you are going to love the book. She had some mistakes on there (nothing serious), however, the book was well written and well researched.

I read the book over the summer and I loved it.

There were some fansthat were hating on her and her book. Prettysad when you think about it. Overall, it was one of the best books I read in my life and the best book that I read last year. After I got the book, I was officially done with knowing more information about the trial.

I had no issue with how positive she was regarding MJ. I mean, was she supposed to bash MJ, JudgingNoOne? Not really. She had to write what she saw.

She had a very hard time getting this corrupt media to promote her book. However, she had book signings and she was proud that she got the book out there.

I had no issue with how positive she was regarding MJ. I mean, was she supposed to bash MJ, JudgingNoOne? Not really. She had to write what she saw.

No, of course not. Perhaps I expressed myself badly. Let me quote a little snippet to give you an example of what I mean. On p 2-4 Ms Jones writes:

"It was Michael, hiding behind mirrored sunglasses and his trademark umbrella, who emerged as the superstar of all superstars. As Michael approached the court, stepping out of his black sport utility vehicle, the wails of screaming fans and tears of emotion from everyone around him - made it seem like the whole earth stood still. Whatever his health condition was at the time, whatever toll the trial had taken on him - Michael didn't show it. He waltzed up to his lead attorney Thomas Mesereau, and, just before he walked behind the closed dorrs of the court, Michael stood up tall as he waved to his fans, happy to see them out in full force. For the people behind the gates and cyclone fences who were screaming and cheering, there seemed to be a communion. Something about Michael made hearts pound. Everyone in his presence could feel the music. They could feel the dance."

--- " With those words, Michael, from behind the defense table, resumed his vast composure. In som strange way, Michael seemed to have the appearance of an ancient king. There was something imperial about him. So absolutely commanding with his presence."
Now as a fan, I LOVE reading things like this. This portion of the book made me cry. However, if one views the book as an opportunity to enlighten non fans about the trial, people who may not like MJ or may even think he's guilty, I worry that language like this might make the book less convincing because it makes the author sound like a fan.

Like myself, I'm sure most of you have got into discussions with non fans who think he is guilty. Very often they will throw the "you're a fan so you can't be objective" argument in your face. Ms Jones' style of writing opens her book up to the same line of attack, which is sad because it is really very good and well researched. That's all I meant. I absolutely recommend the book to anybody.

Last edited:

No, of course not. Perhaps I expressed myself badly. Let me quote a little snippet to give you an example of what I mean. On p 2-4 Ms Jones writes:

Now as a fan, I LOVE reading things like this. This portion of the book made me cry. However, if one views the book as an opportunity to enlighten non fans about the trial, people who may not like MJ or may even think he's guilty, I worry that language like this might make the book less convincing because it makes the author sound like a fan.

Like myself, I'm sure most of you have got into discussions with non fans who think he is guilty. Very often they will throw the "you're a fan so you can't be objective" argument in your face. Ms Jones' style of writing opens her book up to the same line of attack, which is sad because it is really very good and well researched. That's all I meant. I absolutely recommend the book to anybody.

I see your point. I think what Ms Jones has that will allow even the non-fans to enjoy this book (give it credibility) is that She is an established author in her own right, She was a hater, and she didn't have to write this book at all. So in a sense considering what she stood to loose/has lost (in terms of her reputation, publication obstacles etc) it makes her 'take' on the trial even more interesting and credible. If say she was a struggling author or was a big fan then it would have created the concerns you raise.

PS. I wonder if she has fallen for MJ (Is she married) - just out of curiosity!

Its kinda sweet too coz remember this is the man who to some peeps is incapable of love and no sane person could love him etc

I see your point. I think what Ms Jones has that will allow even the non-fans to enjoy this book (give it credibility) is that She is an established author in her own right, She was a hater, and she didn't have to write this book at all. So in a sense considering what she stood to loose/has lost (in terms of her reputation, publication obstacles etc) it makes her 'take' on the trial even more interesting and credible. If say she was a struggling author or was a big fan then it would have created the concerns you raise.

PS. I wonder if she has fallen for MJ (Is she married) - just out of curiosity!

Its kinda sweet too coz remember this is the man who to some peeps is incapable of love and no sane person could love him etc

That is a good point :yes: Hopefully, that's how people will view it. Perhaps I'm just overly cautious, because I find that people who have made up their minds about MJ (in a bad way) are extremely hard to shift. Sometimes, they'll use any little thing as an exuse not to listen to the facts.

BTW, Ms Jones is married, but she does sound a little infatuated with MJ :lol:. It's been known to happen... I'm always amazed when people like Diane Sawyer act all incredulous that somebody could love MJ and find him attractive. Like hello! This is a man who has been a sex symbol for millions of women (and men) around the world since he was a teenager :doh:

totally agree with you....i ordered it from amazon and it only took a couple of days to arrive, i got it last week and only have one chapter left to read now.....its excellent............definitely one of the best MJ books i have read
after you made your order, how many days was it scheduled to leave for departure (to be shipped, I mean)? I made my order last night, but it won't leave until the 16th! :ermm: And that's a wednesday! I thought it would probably leave Monday or tuesday even.. :unsure:

Last edited:

after you made your order, how many days was it scheduled to leave for departure (to be shipped, I mean)? I made my order last night, but it won't leave until the 16th! :ermm: And that's a wednesday! I thought it would probably leave Monday or tuesday even.. :unsure:

well it depends whether you get it direct from amazon or one of its suppliers, think mine was dispatched the day after i ordered and then came the day after that.....i got it from one of the suppliers, i used www.amazon.co.uk......... well worth any waiting you do though!!:)

Last edited:
Back