T25 launch XM 80's on channel 8/contests/MJJC Member Won-merged-

Justice!

Proud Member
'XM THRILLER: The Music of Michael Jackson' to Launch March 1 on XM

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080211/nem090.html?.v=32

Quincy Jones to Serve as Executive Advisor for the Month-Long Channel to Commemorate 25th Anniversary Release of Michael Jackson's "Thriller"

WASHINGTON, Feb. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the release of "Thriller," XM Radio will launch a new channel dedicated to the music of pop icon Michael Jackson on March 1, it was announced today. The new channel, "XM THRILLER: The Music of Michael Jackson" (XM 63), will feature Jackson's solo work, as well as recordings from The Jackson 5, interviews and stories from other artists, plus other unique content that celebrates Jackson's musical contributions. Music industry legend Quincy Jones, who produced "Thriller," among other Jackson solo albums, will serve as Executive Advisor, providing counsel on the channel's creative direction and structure.

"With 'XM THRILLER,' we are paying tribute to the best-selling album in the world and a music icon whose influence on pop music is unparalleled," said Eric Logan, executive vice president of programming, XM.

Michael Jackson's iconic "Thriller" skyrocketed Jackson into international superstardom. The album has sold more than 104 million copies worldwide and was the first in history to have seven top-ten singles. The 25th anniversary reissue, "Thriller 25," will be released nationwide tomorrow, February 12, and includes every song from the original release remastered, plus several new remixes featuring Akon, will.i.am, Fergie and Kanye West.

Michael Jackson made his musical debut at a young age as part of the group The Jackson 5 and went on to have one of the most successful solo careers in music history. His success made huge strides for African-American artists and brought attention to the music video as an art form. Jackson was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1997 as a member of The Jackson 5 and in 2001 for his achievements as a solo artist. With 13 GRAMMY Awards and 13 number-one singles, Jackson remains one of the most respected and admired musicians whose influence is undeniable. Justin Timberlake, Usher, Jennifer Lopez, Jay-Z, Pharell Williams and countless other artists have credited Jackson as an important musical influence.

"XM THRILLER" will be available from March 1 through March 31. Programming information for the channel will be available online at http://www.xmradio.com/thriller.

Last edited:
Re: 'XM THRILLER: The Music of Michael Jackson' to Launch March 1 on XM

This sounds really exciting! :eek::cool:
Thanks for sharing the news!!

'XM THRILLER: The Music of Michael Jackson' to Launch March 1 on XM

Source: EARTHtimes.org
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/...-michael-jackson-to-launch-march,274968.shtml

WASHINGTON, Feb. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the release of "Thriller," XM Radio will launch a new channel dedicated to the music of pop icon Michael Jackson on March 1, it was announced today. The new channel, "XM THRILLER: The Music of Michael Jackson" (XM 63), will feature Jackson's solo work, as well as recordings from The Jackson 5, interviews and stories from other artists, plus other unique content that celebrates Jackson's musical contributions. Music industry legend Quincy Jones, who produced "Thriller," among other Jackson solo albums, will serve as Executive Advisor, providing counsel on the channel's creative direction and structure.

"With 'XM THRILLER,' we are paying tribute to the best-selling album in the world and a music icon whose influence on pop music is unparalleled," said Eric Logan, executive vice president of programming, XM.

Michael Jackson's iconic "Thriller" skyrocketed Jackson into international superstardom. The album has sold more than 104 million copies worldwide and was the first in history to have seven top-ten singles. The 25th anniversary reissue, "Thriller 25," will be released nationwide tomorrow, February 12, and includes every song from the original release remastered, plus several new remixes featuring Akon, will.i.am, Fergie and Kanye West.

Michael Jackson made his musical debut at a young age as part of the group The Jackson 5 and went on to have one of the most successful solo careers in music history. His success made huge strides for African-American artists and brought attention to the music video as an art form. Jackson was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1997 as a member of The Jackson 5 and in 2001 for his achievements as a solo artist. With 13 GRAMMY Awards and 13 number-one singles, Jackson remains one of the most respected and admired musicians whose influence is undeniable. Justin Timberlake, Usher, Jennifer Lopez, Jay-Z, Pharell Williams and countless other artists have credited Jackson as an important musical influence.

"XM THRILLER" will be available from March 1 through March 31. Programming information for the channel will be available online at http://www.xmradio.com/thriller.

About XM

XM is America's number one satellite radio company with more than 8.5 million subscribers. Broadcasting live daily from studios in Washington, DC, New York City, Chicago, Nashville, Toronto and Montreal, XM's 2008 lineup includes more than 170 digital channels of choice from coast to coast: commercial-free music, premier sports, news, talk radio, comedy, children's and entertainment programming; and the most advanced traffic and weather information.

For more information about XM hardware, programming and partnerships, visit http://www.xmradio.com/.

Last edited:

Already posted in 'Thriller 25' forum, thanks.

click here

;)

YES!!!! And I have xm in my car lol!

Thriller 25 Contest: XM 80's on channel 8/MJJC Member Won-merged-

OMG, everyone... Guess what? They are doing a contest... Read about it here: http://xmradio.com/onxm/features/thriller.xmc

Anyways... I JUST CALLED IN AND WON!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I am uploading an entire recording of the song they played AND when it was over and they had me on the radio!! I didn't act as excited as I truly was because I am at work now and had to keep composure, but my initial first words were, "Oh my God..." LOL That should say something about how excited and shocked I was to be the first caller!!! :)

Thank you, Michael! Thank you XM!! And thank you to my work for putting up with me. :lol:

Update: Here is a link that you can download to hear the whole thing!! :) Enjoy!

http://download.yousendit.com/24CBAF3D41F86B2B

Last edited:
Re: Thriller 25 Contest: XM 80's on channel 8

:bounce:

CONGRATULATIONS;- Enjoy it:))

Re: Thriller 25 Contest: XM 80's on channel 8

Congrats! :flowers: :clap:

I have merged this thread with the existing one on the launch of MJ music on XM. :smile:

Last edited:
Back