Thiller 25 promotional campaign- All threads merged!-

knight56

Proud Member
T-25 Promotion Discussion ~~All Threads Merged~~

when does the real promotion start? So far the promotion is on the net..no tv ads or nothing! THE superbowl ad as nothing to promote the thiller 25 album lol.

Re: when does the REAL promotion for Michael Jackson?

yeah I think it sucks that the commercial was considered promotion...

You know what sucks? That casual people watching the Superbowl probably enjoyed the Thrillicious commercial way more than a lot of Michael Jackson fans.

well, cuz Akon at first kinda gave us the impression that he (MJ) will be in it in some way.. But, that's us jumping the gun and putting more expectations than needed..

if we did not know ANYTHING we would have been going crazy.. It's just our imagintions took us somewhere else with it.. We hoped more than thought pratical.. Which is usually good. But in this case.. Look at us complaining.. lol!

It was a cool commercial you know.. Having a slogan Thrillicious could very easily lead into MORE thriller style promotions.. Especailly if we keep voting it as our favorite Superbowl AD.. That will show PepsiCo to continue doing it.. It's a hit..

well, cuz Akon at first kinda gave us the impression that he (MJ) will be in it in some way.. But, that's us jumping the gun and putting more expectations than needed..

if we did not know ANYTHING we would have been going crazy.. It's just our imagintions took us somewhere else with it.. We hoped more than thought pratical.. Which is usually good. But in this case.. Look at us complaining.. lol!

It was a cool commercial you know.. Having a slogan Thrillicious could very easily lead into MORE thriller style promotions.. Especailly if we keep voting it as our favorite Superbowl AD.. That will show PepsiCo to continue doing it.. It's a hit..

I went to the store last night to buy sobe lol and i picked it up and looked at the label to see if it had any thrillicious logo or thing MJ and i was sad :( i was like this drink does have nothing to do with MJ just the song that it.

I went to the store last night to buy sobe lol and i picked it up and looked at the label to see if it had any thrillicious logo or thing MJ and i was sad :( i was like this drink does have nothing to do with MJ just the song that it.

Was it good?

You know what sucks? That casual people watching the Superbowl probably enjoyed the Thrillicious commercial way more than a lot of Michael Jackson fans.
yep, that is sad...

well for what its world.. those casual people voted Thrillicious the 3rd most favorite AD for the new.... JT's is near the bottom..

when does the 'real' promo start.( I hope you are joking). it started with all Rollingstone covers..(Spain, Argentina, Japan).. the Italian Vogue, Ebony...the Sony/BMG press release that was printed and reprinted by every media in the world, the Will.i.am interviews, the Akon radio interview... the Thrillicious.. Facebook, youtube.com, update of the Michael Jackson website, ipod, podcast, the rumours of a Grammy attendence.. and there is an indication there is more to come starting 8 Feb and the album is not release until 12 Feb...

if fans can still ask where is the 'real' promo ... after that.. maybe... its time for you to move on...

don't mean to be harsh...

BUT...

i just came on the board..and this is the 1st thread I see.. so it put me in a ranting mode...

I think there are some that have a "tabloid mentality".. where ..drama runs ramped...

an opening of the mind is needed.. and not expect the same formula.. remember where Micahel has been (70 office raid of Neverland... the arrest.. the trial)... and consider all work - and strength that's needed to make this comeback...

Last edited:

I think Sony has done a good job with the promotion of T25 so far, but honestly i'm not too concerned about it. I mean it's a re-relase of an album that came out 25 years so I'm not expecting it to do big numbers. I'm more concerned with promotion for the new album (whenever that's coming out).

I think Sony has done a good job with the promotion of T25 so far, but honestly i'm not too concerned about it. I mean it's a re-relase of an album that came out 25 years so I'm not expecting it to do big numbers. I'm more concerned with promotion for the new album (whenever that's coming out).

Thank you. I'll be happy if it does exceptionally well. Other than that, I'm waiting for the NEW ONE. :D

I mean no TV ads like saying: Thiller 25 now in stores..lol

^ Why would they say that when it's not in stores?

sorry.. why would u make a separate thread to ask just that question???

the way this thread is titled.. gives me a completel dif impression

..??..

Last edited:

^ Why would they say that when it's not in stores?

Ok, well how about some promo saying 'coming soon' or 'released Feb 08' or something.
Other albums have that weeks in advance. The week of the album's release is leaving it a bit late isn't it?

sorry.. why would u make a separate thread to ask just that question???

the way this thread is titled.. gives me a completel dif impression

..??..

I made a separate thread for that post...?

I liked the Naomi Campbell Thrillicious add, hehehe. She's so pertty...I'd go lesbo for her.

lol!

Seriously though, I agree about the advertising, but I don't expect it to sell so big because it's not "new" or anything...

where are the moderators? LOL

People stop whining. I'm so tired of it lol

I'm very concerned about the promo here in the UK, i havnt herd one single person talk about it or even know of its existence

Last edited:

Promotion for Thriller 25 has allready went further than my expectations from when I first heard about it.. It is getting more attention then Invincible did before its release..

Last edited:
Is Thriller Re-Release a TEST ???

Hi
I was thinking about the re-release of Thriller .

Some damn hard promotion is being put into this (Singles , Websites , Superbowl ADS , Banners , Posters , Interviews) ........and all this from SONY ??

So what i think is , is all this a test ?
Is Michael testing sony to see how well they promote Thriller , and if they do a good job then maybe Michael will say "Ok , you can have my NEW ALBUM to promote" ???????????

Do u understand ???????

Thriller 25 is a re-release of an original product made over 2 decades ago. Also, several songs from Thriller has been featured in at least a dozen 'compilation' CDs of MJ's work. The promotion of T25 is not going to be like for a new project and promotion of MJ period is not likely to be like it was in the 80s and 90s when his videos were featured on network television as a stand alone event.

There has been a lot of talk about T25, most of it free publicity and that is what corporations like. It's promoting itself.

Now if the question is really 'when is MJ making official appearances for T-25', then I can understand, although is not likely or necessary because this is not new music.

So in conclusion, the REAL promotion for MJ's T-25 started last year.

Already finished???

I'm wondering if all the buzz around THRILLER 25 th is already finished???

The album is out next week and we had two singles out(europe + usa), and we all know that WBSS went up to 81 place in billboard...

That's really nice, but is it gonna continue, with a lot more promotion so the singles can continue to climb the charts... as well for the album it self...

So, the glory of T25th is behind, or we can expect some great records with this new remixes??

Finally, do you think T25th can beat BOTDF record??(7 milions sold)...

Re: Already finished???

I'm going to merge this thread with other T-25 discussions...

Re: Is Thriller Re-Release a TEST ???

I'm merging this thread with other T-25 discussions.

Re: Already finished???

I'm wondering if all the buzz around THRILLER 25 th is already finished???

The album is out next week and we had two singles out(europe + usa), and we all know that WBSS went up to 81 place in billboard...

That's really nice, but is it gonna continue, with a lot more promotion so the singles can continue to climb the charts... as well for the album it self...

So, the glory of T25th is behind, or we can expect some great records with this new remixes??

Finally, do you think T25th can beat BOTDF record??(7 milions sold)...

OMg...just wait lol. There's more stuff to come, after it's release.

Back