Was your parent born in 70's and/or a Thriller fan?

Topflux

Proud Member
Post here what your parent or both think about Michael, were they Thriller fans..?

It just came to my mind that there must be lots of people who's parents were born in 70's..?

Nope, but my sister was. She was 5 years old when Thriller came out.
My sister was the only kid at school that didn't want to marry Michael, lol.
She likes his music & stuff, but I definently wouldn't call her a fan.
My Mum's a big fan tho.

Last edited:
Most of our parents here on this forum were probably born in the 50's and 60's...

My parents were born in the 50's. My father just listened to the Beatles and my mother wasn't even interested in music :ninja: I said to her lately that she must have experienced the Thrillermania in the 80's, but she didn't :(
But thank god she doesn't think Michael is weird. She actually understands why I am fan of him and her favourite song is Heal the world :D

My father was born in 50's and he was a Jackson Five fan,now He likes MJ's clips and music.Still loving Thriller:)

My mom was born in the same year as Michael so im guessing she was definetly a fan, since i found a Mj record player while rummaging through her stuff one day. I don't think my mom really likes him anymore, she has always been more of a Elvie person anyway :p

My mother says that my uncle would force everyone to sit down and watch the Thriller video, constantly rewind moments, get mad if anyone talked over it, or didn't pay attention...

My parents were born in the early 60's. They know about MJ, and that's all, they don't really care, lol.

My mother says that my uncle would force everyone to sit down and watch the Thriller video, constantly rewind moments, get mad if anyone talked over it, or didn't pay attention...
That kinda sounds like me :toofunny:

My parents were born in the 50s. My dad in '54..my Mom in '59.....but I was born in November of 1978....so when I was going on 1, MJ was just getting going with "Off The Wall". :)

My dad was born in 57 and my mom was born in 61 .. My dads always disliked Michael, and my mom preferred the Osmond's lol. I was born in 1983 though when thriller was out and my baby scrapbook, has like photos and stuff and theres a little thing about Michael Jackson in there :D

:lol:My parents weren't, but I was! 1971 I'm a old fart.

Your not an old fart, your not 70 yet ;). The people who were born in the late 1960 and early 1970's are the ones who made Michael Jackson the Icon and Legend he is today with the Thriller album and Bad Tour . I also was born in 1971 and I'm very proud to have witnessed Michael's legendary 1980's Thriller and Bad era's.

My parents were born in the 1940's, for some reason, mainly my mum used to try to get me to be a Michael Jackson/Jackson 5 fan in the 1970's. But I just wasn't in to music. When I saw the Billie Jean video in Top Of The Pops in February 1983, I thought "That's Michael Jackson the singer my mum I would like" and I've been a huge fan ever since.

My dad was born in the 50's and my mother was born 10 years later in the 60's. I don't think neither one of them was a "fan", but my mom always tells me how Thriller album was HUGE when she was in high school.

And my dad tells me how he and his brothers rented the Thriller video and watched it like 10 times in a row and were amazed by the special effects and all. Not understanding a word Michael and Ola were saying since they don't talk english, lol.

My parents were born in the 50s, however my Mother loved and believed in Michael's heart and soul. My Dad liked him as the J5 lead singer.
I on the other hand was born in the 1970s and grew up in the 80s. Thriller was huge, massive. My Mom lived through the Beatles and Elvis phenomenon and still said that she never saw anything as exciting and influential as Thriller. Michael Jackson reached heights that were incredible with this album. It was iconic. I remember, I was there.

my parents were not into disco but more into rock and pop like Prince and stuff, but when THRILLER came... they loved it of course! Esp Beat It and Billie Jean! And they always liked MJ after that :D

My Mum was born in 1958 she didn't like Michael to much but she respects him she was more into rock probably why i got into Rock aswell :lol:

Parents born in the 1970s? Well.....not exactly.

I was born in the 1970s. ^_^

I'm having a real WOW moment here. I'm listening to the Thriller 25 remixes for the first time. I remember holding the original Thriller cassette tape in my hand back in 1983. Here I am 25 years later still loving Michael and loving his music even more. :punk:

My parent's weren't of the 70's but born in the 50's. I was born in the 70's and both my parents were huge fans of the the Jackson 5 and of Michael. My mother was always listening to the Jackson 5 when I was little and she told me if I liked that little boy (she would show me the picture of the Jackson 5 on a album cover, but don't remember the name of it) I would just look at her at say, "Ewww no". I was just around 5 or so at the time. My aunt that passed away also loved Michael and I remember she invited me one time to her house to show me how to dance. She had "Off The Wall" on and she would show me some steps that she liked. I would ask her who that was and she said that is Michael from the Jackson 5 and I would be like oh okay. A few years after that in the early 1983 I would hear Billie Jean and I would ask my friend who that was and she would look at me as though I were dumb and say," You are joking, you don't know who that is? That is Michael Jackson." I would then ask if it was a boy or girl and she started laughing at me and said, " Boy you are crazy it's a man."

In May 1983 when Motown 25 came on my mother told me she wanted me to watch the show with her and I was like why? She told me she wanted me to watch the Jackson 5 perform and tell me about them. So I did and when I first laid eyes on Michael I was like mesmerized. I couldn't believe this was the Michael Jackson my parents, friends and aunt had told me about. I was in love and for a 10 year old that was something we just didn't think about back in the day. When he preformed "Billie Jean" on that HIStoric night I turned myself into a fan. It will be 25 years in May when I became a fan. All thanks to my parents, friends, and aunt who introduced me to the man Michael Jackson. :punk::cool:

Lol no
my parents were born in the early 50s. I was born in 82 (which is kinda nice since that's when Thriller came out)

they are fans I put the number ones dvd on today and they were gettin into it

comments ranged from "he has real talent" to "he looks like a mannequin" eek

my mom has always loved mike.. Not as big fan as me but loves him..

My dad never is a fan if anybody, his ego is too big for that. LOL. But his favorite song of all time is thriller and blame it on the boogie. He knows jk is the best.

Post here what your parent or both think about Michael, were they Thriller fans..?

It just came to my mind that there must be lots of people who's parents were born in 70's..?

You CAN'T be serious,lol.
If I had to take a guess, I'd say 99.9% of all members here have parents that were born in the late-40's, 50's and 60's. The 1970's are just a little too....recent.
You must be like, 12 years old or somethin', lol.

Hollaback.

You CAN'T be serious,lol.
If I had to take a guess, I'd say 99.9% of all members here have parents that were born in the late-40's, 50's and 60's. The 1970's are just a little too....recent.
You must be like, 12 years old or somethin', lol.

Hollaback.

Someone who has both parents that were born in the 1970's could be 20yrs old if they were born in 1988 when there parents where 16yrs old. But a person with like with parents born in the 1970's ie early 1970's could more than likely be between 14-16yrs old. Though on average I agree with you that the 1970's is a little to recent most of these fans must be about 12yrs old to have Thriller generation parents.

My dad was born in 1935, yes! And mum, around the 50's I think. My dad never really cared about The Jackson 5 or Michael Jackson in the 60's, my mum too. But my dad was in L.A in 1984 (Businesses and stuff), and that's the first time he witnessed Thriller mania and actually saw the videos and stuff (He loves the Thriller video), and also he accidentally met Michael through a friend (Didn't get the story from dad very clearly, he just said Michael is really polite and a nice guy), and from then he started listening to Michael and supports him and stuff. It's cool, knowing my dad is really old. :lol: I can't really say he's a Fan, but he does like MJ. My mum too likes MJ.

Last edited:
wow i must have the youngest parents here with my dad being born in 66 and my mom in 69 yeah my mom is a huge fan and my dad well he likes him but well....... he doesnt really think to much of how big of a fan iam being a male and not to mention he is a detective soo....... yeah my mom loves him we defend him and sometimes really but sometimes for fun he would mess with me with mj but sometimes he really hurt me but one time he purposely like messed with me and said stuff like hurt ful like your gonna start making people think your a punk obssesed with this 40 sometihing year old man!!! man!!! and then he really really thought and my mom was so pissed she didnt like that at all and she does tell me like yesterday i get a little to excited sometimes tho. but anyway my dad likes michael and he kind just like with me like **** hes been into it since he was so young.... its not dying out yesterday i was havin like bakc to back mj day like an entire mj filled day where i watched the history dvd jackson variety show cds playin all that and he laughed and said hahaa boy yo ass is obssesed lol joking tho hes like mak me a copy of that cd well i didnt i just gave him one of mine and my mom but yeah my mama is more of the fan shell sit there and well just watch the videos my mom loves the remember the time video thats her favorite but she loves beat it the most because she said she did cheerleading routines to it alot. and my lil sister 15 is getting into it she sees me watching it so much she likes the way you make me feel and beat it. and tgim 08 now!!!! she says the begining your suppose to do the harlem shake haha. well thats my family for the most part id say ther mj supporters.

LOL! I was born in 1973, my parents were born lat 40's. Turn 61 this year.

They know everything about Michael Jackson from me. LOL! I am since Thriller when I was a teenager. My mother has probably heard every running commentary on him since then. She was on tender hooks during trial deliberations as well.

Back