The Mess that Is R. Kelly

Bee.

Proud Member
Alright, you guys. I made this thread because I really want people's opinions about what is going on with this guy. Today, news broke of a longtime friend name George Daniels whose wife, Regina Daniels was Kels publicist, breaking his silence about the recent stories about Kels having a fling with George's daughter, Maxine, who is 21. More about this -

http://theybf.com/

So well known Chicago music retailer George Daniels has given the full dish on KJLH radio about exactly what went down when his wife Regina Daniels severed all ties as 41 year old R. Kelly’s publicist. He confirms that Robert Sylvester Kelly indeed tapped his 21 year old daughter Maxine on numerous occasions. And they were involved in a sexual relationship–and The R has known Maxine and the fam since she was a little girl.

TMZ.com and other sites, have the radio interview that Mr. Daniels did recently about the whole situation. It is interesting to say the least.

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/0215_george_daniels.mp3

*sigh*

Here is Kels statement:

From tmz.com

”It’s hard to take seriously the moral outrage expressed by George and Regina Daniels over R. Kelly’s relationship with Mr. Daniels’ adult daughter, Maxine. The fact is that they had no problem with the relationship — indeed, they encouraged it — while Ms. Daniels was on Mr. Kelly’s payroll.

It was Regina Daniels, then working as a publicist for Mr. Kelly, who persuaded him to attend her step-daughter’s 21st birthday party. And it was Regina Daniels who shortly thereafter gave her step-daughter Mr. Kelly’s private phone number, with the admonition: ‘Don’t tell your father.’ It was only after Ms. Daniels resigned her position to avoid being fired for incompetence that her stepdaughter’s relationship suddenly became an issue for her and her husband.”

*shakes head*

Anyway, I want you guys to listen to what he says carefully and this is not a thread about if he is guilty or innocent. I just want to know really what you truly think about this man and his trainwreck behavior.

BTW, no bashing and be respectful.

How old was the publicist's daughter when he went out with her? Because if she was 21 then R. Kelly wasn't breaking any laws because 21 is legal. As far as if I think R. Kelly is a trainwreck tho, I don't know if that's the exact word I would use to describe. I do think he has VERY questionable behavior and I do believe he has a thing for underage girls which is wrong of course. ***

Last edited by a moderator:
ok and whats wrong with him having a sexual relationship with a 21 y.o. girl ? :huh:

^^ Exactly what I was thinking. What's wrong with having a relationship with another adult?

How old was the publicist's daughter when he went out with her? Because if she was 21 then R. Kelly wasn't breaking any laws because 21 is legal. As far as if I think R. Kelly is a trainwreck tho, I don't know if that's the exact word I would use to describe. I do think he has VERY questionable behavior and I do believe he has a thing for underage girls which is wrong of course. There's just too much evidence there against R. Kelly for me to believe that he is innocent.
Well, she is 21 now, but I don't think that's Daniels' issue. I think if he thought that Kelly had been messing around with her while she was underage, someone would be dead right now.

His point is that he has been a long time friend, mentor and father figure to the guy; he considered Kelly family and with some communities, family means just that, family. In Daniel's mind, Kelly having a relationship with his daughter, someone who Kelly has known since she was a little girl, is tantamount to incest. Further, it doesn't help things that Kelly has these charges hanging over him from the perspective that George Daniels defended Kelly to the death.

But from a parent's perspective, I'm sure that he feels differently now that it has hit closer to home.

Now some people may not think that this is a big deal. But I can tell ya that it's a big deal in some communities. It still kinda creeps me out that Celine Dion married her manager, someone who she has known since the age of 12. For me, that's plain inappropriate.

oh please. yes it could be inappropriate to have a relationship of this kind with a daughter of someone that is a longtime friend and associate of urs but that happens everyday and its nothing to trip about. its not a crime whatsoever. we have SO many serious problems in this world, we have REAL child molesters out there and we trip about sth like that ?
:blink:

ahaha I don't really care that much but I happen to love R. Kelly as an artist, even though I think he is hilarious. Sometimes I wonder if he makes his music tongue-in-cheek or if he actually thinks his shiz is really any good, lol.

The funny thing about R. is that despite how good (and by good, I mean FUNNY) his music is, it still manages to suck me in every time and I still buy all of his albums!!! No one has heard ANYthing til they've heard the line, "Baby we're in Jurassic park, and I'm your sexasaurus" ...

Oh yeah, that's right.

So he slept with a 21 yr old... it's not illegal. There are all these rumours about R. Kelly marrying an under-aged Aaliyah and people always go on about it like it's fact, but it still to this day remains rumour ... as for everything else? ... well, I don't think he's innocent in all cases -- but I wasn't there so I don't know, and I don't particularly want to watch the video to find out!!! So until he is charged and convicted or w/e, I will remain partial to his music & "artistry" hahaha.

So he slept with a 21 yr old... it's not illegal.

oh please thats a heinous crime. he should had waited until she was at least 50 :lol:
what a child molester having sex with a 21 y.o.girl
i bet that poor lil girl didnt know what sex was until she was forced to have sex with him

oh please. yes it could be inappropriate to have a relationship of this kind with a daughter of someone that is a longtime friend and associate of urs but that happens everyday and its nothing to trip about. its not a crime whatsoever. we have SO many serious problems in this world, we have REAL child molesters out there and we trip about sth like that ?
:blink:
Maybe not to YOU. But you aren't a father with a daughter as your only child. This man is speaking from HIS experience and it happens to be a big deal, a SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR HIM.

Just in case you have forgotten, we have some special rules about discussing R Kelly, so go to the sticky section and refresh yourselves.

For the record, all persons charged with a crime are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

This thread is not about R Kelly's trial and it's sure as heck not about Michael Jackson. So all postings going that way has disappeared.

This thread is about discussing what you think about Kelly's longtime friends and longtime publicist breaking ties with him after learning that their daughter was having an affair with Kelly.

Let's stay on topic. Thanks!

Last edited:
george daniels daughter is a grown ass woman.

she knew what she was doing.

she isnt a victim in all of this, the only victim is r Kelly's wife. her and her kids have to suffer due to her husbands raging hormones and f'ed up judgement.

i believe R about them pimping her out to them, anything to keep getting gifts and money from R. now that the arrangement has went sour now george wanna play victim.

georges daughter even has the nerve to have r kellys wife on her myspace top friend list. now what kind of trifling mess is that.

so george his daughter and R need to all sit down and shut up.

they are not victims Andrea Kelly is. she has 3 kids to raise and its hard when you have one scandal after the next and people talking about your husband and his inability to control his penis...

she isnt a victim in all of this, the only victim is r Kelly's wife. her and her kids have to suffer due to her husbands raging hormones and f'ed up judgement.

i believe R about them pimping her out to them, anything to keep getting gifts and money from R. now that the arrangement has went sour now george wanna play victim.

georges daughter even has the nerve to have r kellys wife on her myspace top friend list. now what kind of trifling mess is that.

they are not victims Andrea Kelly is. she has 3 kids to raise and its hard when you have one scandal after the next and people talking about your husband and his inability to control his penis...
He has control over his penis, but he has none over his libido:lol:

Well, she is 21 now, but I don't think that's Daniels' issue. I think if he thought that Kelly had been messing around with her while she was underage, someone would be dead right now.

His point is that he has been a long time friend, mentor and father figure to the guy; he considered Kelly family and with some communities, family means just that, family. In Daniel's mind, Kelly having a relationship with his daughter, someone who Kelly has known since she was a little girl, is tantamount to incest. Further, it doesn't help things that Kelly has these charges hanging over him from the perspective that George Daniels defended Kelly to the death.

But from a parent's perspective, I'm sure that he feels differently now that it has hit closer to home.

Now some people may not think that this is a big deal. But I can tell ya that it's a big deal in some communities. It still kinda creeps me out that Celine Dion married her manager, someone who she has known since the age of 12. For me, that's plain inappropriate.

yeah i pretty much agree and totally see the point interms of someone who has been around them since a young age and basically become family. when are they claiming this relationship happened interms of the girls age?

totally agree :flowers:

Well if she was 21 then theres nothing wrong with that. Thats considered legal in America. Anything over the age of 18 is legal and parents can do nothing about it.
But having said that its pretty disturbing if the knew her from a really young age...i think theres something very wrong about that cause i agree with Mello about the Celine Dion thing. I always thought that was odd as well.
And as far as breaking off ties after learning of the relationship - id have done the same thing.

Maybe not to YOU. But you aren't a father with a daughter as your only child. This man is speaking from HIS experience and it happens to be a big deal, a SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR HIM.

ok then if thats the case then he should cut ties with his daughter as well since shes as much to blame as kelly. both adults both are to blame for the mistake/inappropriate relationship or however u wanna call it. i agree with the other poster who said the only victim here is the cheated wife and her kids

ok then if thats the case then he should cut ties with his daughter as well since shes as much to blame as kelly. both adults both are to blame for the mistake/inappropriate relationship or however u wanna call it. i agree with the other poster who said the only victim here is the cheated wife and her kids

Cutting ties with your only daughter... wow good luck with being a mom one day.

Well the pattern is clear, older guys looking for that much younger girls... they can't take a no, they can't deal with it, fear a no more than impotance coming sooner or later, they've set their life plans and either are overly self confident for a real relationship, means they are going for their own plans and every influence from a partner is either feared or just not wanted cuz of narcistic personality.

I mean please... yeahhhh sure older guys looking for such a young girl are going for some real personality. :lol: only probably.

I understand those parents to a certain part... but only partly cuz then again better make sure children learn to say no early. Make them learn they are worth to be loved even when saying no. Teach them self esteem and real self confidence. If she had that, she'd easily tell him, 'get divorced and come and ask me again.' If that's supposed to be r-e-a-l love then why not waiting for a bit more! There were TWO cheating on R.Kellys wife and kids!
Better make sure your kids neither become like this young girl nor like that old guy (a young girl makes you so much older lol not really younger you guys should know!!! :lol: I mean don't you never pass mirrors together?) with the name R.Kelly.

The problem I see here is that we place our own Learned values on other people who might not have the same upbringing or value as ours. Self esteem is subjective. Only the person knows if he has it or not. If Kels doesn't see anything wrong with spreading his seed, then that is his right to do. The adult who offers herself to him also uses her right to do. Now what of the wife, she may have accepted his behaviour as part of the territory, that is also her right to do. I haven't heard her complaints yet.

The problem I see here is that we place our own Learned values on other people who might not have the same upbringing or value as ours. Self esteem is subjective. Only the person knows if he has it or not. If Kels doesn't see anything wrong with spreading his seed, then that is his right to do. The adult who offers herself to him also uses her right to do. Now what of the wife, she may have accepted his behaviour as part of the territory, that is also her right to do. I haven't heard her complaints yet.

Well yeah in case that wasn't clear, those were my moral standards which I've not only learned but proven in life and developed being an adult thinking for myself. It's best to treat someone like you wanna be treated, unless you care a sh** and that's why hopefully also don't want anyone to care a sh** about yourself also.
That's the easiest and most simple rule I was taught, proved good for myself and that's why teaching children also! lol right!

We can all cheat on each other and go spread whatever, I mean not only seed but also diseases if seed is spread for example. But hey if we really like to live in a world like that, and when someone cheats on us also... well yeah hey like it? then one can of cuz do so and do a lot in general.

I call cheating on someones wife wrong. Why giving a promise if it doesn't mean a poopoo! Even that it is legal, it says something about a person.
And that girl also decided that it meant nothing to her... well that says something about her also. She better doesn't believe his promises and hey isn't that a stupid feeling for someone also who might would like to believe him or her again?
But hey yeah if she likes to be known for that, yeah... please as you said, they are adults, they are now obviously known for it.

Last edited:
If you marry a man that you know is likely to cheat on you, then you accept him as he is warts and all. The rule doesn't chamge because you marry him. People do understand that. Celebrities are sexually attractive for all sorts of reasons. They are highly sort after. A woman who marries a celeb already knows that there are thousands of women who wants to be in her shoes. She is taking a risk by marrying that man. No doubt she already knows that he has a reputation with the ladies and is likely to cheat on her. It is up to that woman whether she will accept that and marry him. She can no longer complain if she knew what she was letting her self in for.

If you marry a man that you know is likely to cheat on you, then you accept him as he is warts and all. The rule doesn't chamge because you marry him. People do understand that. Celebrities are sexually attractive for all sorts of reasons. They are highly sort after. A woman who marries a celeb already knows that there are thousands of women who wants to be in her shoes. She is taking a risk by marrying that man. No doubt she already knows that he has a reputation with the ladies and is likely to cheat on her. It is up to that woman whether she will accept that and marry him. She can no longer complain if she knew what she was letting her self in for.

Oh so the wedding promise between those was changed into "Ok you guys don't have to be faithfull to eachother! Hey who cares! Just say yes!"
rotfl "And hey now you're married but who cares! Anyways you're allowed to kiss eachother!" lol surrrrre!
Maybe someone like R.Kelly would agree with you! lol
I don't unless he was forced into marriage with a loaded gun or unless his word meant already poopoo before and that's why it always does and will always mean just that because it's supposed to mean just exactly that by him! :lol:
Honestly I'd feel sorry with him seriously if that is the case lol very sorry.

See Datsymay I even like his music, I can differ here.
But as a person he just gives a very low and poor picture of a guy to me! I'm sure he can live with that. And I can either!

Last edited:
Oh so the wedding promise between those was changed into "Ok you guys don't have to be faithfull to eachother! Hey who cares! Just say yes!"
rotfl "And hey now you're married but who cares! Anyways you're allowed to kiss eachother!" lol surrrrre!
Maybe someone like R.Kelly would agree with you! lol
I don't unless he was forced into marriage with a loaded gun or unless his word meant already poopoo before and that's why it always does and will always mean just that because it's supposed to mean just exactly that by him! :lol:
Honestly I'd feel sorry with him seriously if that is the case lol very sorry.

See Datsymay I even like his music, I can differ here.
But as a person he just gives a very low and poor picture of a guy to me! I'm sure he can live with that. And I can either!
Mechi, If you KNOW a man has a reputation with the ladies and he indicated to you that he isn't going to stop, yet you go down the isle with him and have his children, YES, you have accepted him warts and all. Believe me it does happen. When my cousin introduced his fiance to me, I knew he wasn't serious. I asked the girl if she was serious. She told me that 'AT LEAST SHE WAS THE ONE HE COMES HOME TO'
Yes, people do marry men that are prone to be unfaithful. Obviously waring the ring and getting his name means more than his cheating.
I am not a fan of Kells. I know one song, I believe I can fly. I know more about him on MJ sites that I hear any place else. The real world is far bigger than the corner we live in.

Last edited:
Singer's camp says ex-publicist just wants cash

A new controversy -- again with sexual innuendo surrounding it -- is swirling around Chicago-based R&B king R. Kelly. But over the weekend, I found out that much of this may be connected to an attempt by a former Kelly employee to snare a big financial settlement from the Grammy winner.
It all started when George Daniels, the husband of ex-Kelly publicist Regina Daniels, dissed Kelly on a Los Angeles radio show last week. George Daniels accused Kelly of having an "inappropriate" relationship with his daughter, Maxine -- who Daniels claimed the rapper had known since she was "a little girl."

The implications were obvious, given that Kelly still is battling charges (which he continues to deny) that he had sex with a Chicago girl who was in her early teens and videotaped the encounter.
First reported by the TMZ gossip website, the L.A. radio interview got a quick response Friday from Kelly's camp. Referring to Daniels' "adult daughter," a Kelly representative issued a statement alleging that the couple had "no problem with the relationship -- indeed they encouraged it -- while Ms. Daniels was on Mr. Kelly's payroll."

Regina Daniels, who is the young woman's stepmother, had been Kelly's publicist until being fired last year. According to a source inside Kelly's camp, she was terminated "for cause ... for being totally incompetent" -- a charge Daniels denies, insisting it was due to a disagreement over how to market Kelly's image.

According to Kelly's current spokesfolks, it was Regina Daniels who vigorously pushed Kelly to attend her stepdaughter's 21st birthday, plus gave his private cell phone number to Maxine and told her to call him.
**My Kelly camp insider says this is all about the fact that Regina Daniels has been seeking "a healthy six-figure settlement" from Kelly "to go away quietly. . . . When she learned she wasn't going to get it, she and her husband decided to go this route as a way to collect."

New R. Kelly controversy? :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Bill Zwecker

Mechi, If you KNOW a man has a reputation with the ladies and he indicated to you that he isn't going to stop, yet you go down the isle with him and have his children, YES, you have accepted him warts and all. Believe me it does happen. When my cousin introduced his fiance to me, I knew he wasn't serious. I asked the girl if she was serious. She told me that 'AT LEAST SHE WAS THE ONE HE COMES HOME TO'
Yes, people do marry men that are prone to be unfaithful. Obviously waring the ring and getting his name means more than his cheating.
I am not a fan of Kells. I know one song, I believe I can fly. I know more about him on MJ sites that I hear any place else. The real world is far bigger than the corner we live in.

Well I think we do not disagree really... beside that marriage means in it initial meaning that two ppl promise eachother to spend the rest of their lives with eachother (sometimes even faithfull still lol) but yeah that young lady better goes only for his fame and money... either that is what she will be known for or she ends up hurt and ppl will even laugh about her and she'll be known for being stupid! :yes: when she's too old for him like let's say 28 and he'll look for the next just 20 or younger girl.
And right again he's working on that reputation pretty hard so I hope for him he's not looking for love anymore cuz that could be rrrrrrrreally hard to find for someone like him at least from a thinking someone lol hmmm or is that tragic now?!

the issue supposedly is b/c he's known her since she was a young girl and has sort of an uncle/niece relationship w/ her, it's kind of gross...

BUT on the flip side...james woods is dating HIS GODDAUGHTER yet no one mentions how nasty and disgusting that is.

he had sex w/ a consenting adult. she allowed it but whether or not she knew she was being taped is kinda funny since he's well known for taping his flings.

the issue SHOULD be...y does america NOT care about his case? is it b/c it's not of a homosexual nature or b/c both 'victim' and 'assailant' are black or?????

it is what it is...r(ah) ain't going nowhere anytime soon

IMO, the guilty party is the Daniels family. They were all happy with each other last year when R. Kelly had that birthday party. Now that he and their daughter broke up, they wanna say he caused them emotional distress?

Negroes PLEASE! :rolleyes: That's just how I feel about it.

And they were basically condoning this man cheating on his wife, now that their daughter's hurt, they wanna make her a victim and make her seem "younger" than she is just so people can be like "ooh he knew her since she was 4, ooh, the girl's got a mindset of a 15-year-old" bringing everyone back to Kells' troubling court case.

Last edited:
the issue supposedly is b/c he's known her since she was a young girl and has sort of an uncle/niece relationship w/ her, it's kind of gross...

BUT on the flip side...james woods is dating HIS GODDAUGHTER yet no one mentions how nasty and disgusting that is.

he had sex w/ a consenting adult. she allowed it but whether or not she knew she was being taped is kinda funny since he's well known for taping his flings.

the issue SHOULD be...y does america NOT care about his case? is it b/c it's not of a homosexual nature or b/c both 'victim' and 'assailant' are black or?????

it is what it is...r(ah) ain't going nowhere anytime soon

They think that's what we always do. :rolleyes: So they leave it alone.

I don't agree, and even if that were true, then it says more about the person who we call R Kelly than anything.

Further, I don't see this Daniel's girl as a victim anymore than I see Andrea Kelly as one. They BOTH are grown women, if you want to go down that route.

The interesting thing here is that up until he found out about his daughter's relationship, George Daniels defended Kelly to the nines. This is not about an age issue. This is about a trust issue.

yeah i pretty much agree and totally see the point interms of someone who has been around them since a young age and basically become family. when are they claiming this relationship happened interms of the girls age?
As far as I know, the Daniels have not made any claims that Kelly messed around with their daughter while she was underage.

Because if they believed that, Kelly's south suburban house would be torched -- probably with him in it. Daniels said as much when he noted in his interview that if someone illegal had gone on, he would have to go to jail.

Back