Thriller 25 Is Sold Out Across Much of Canada & U.S.A...(merged)

Foxy..

Proud Member
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Totally Sold Out!

www.play.com

Probably the UK's largest online entertainment store, completely sold out of Thriller 25, plus it is number 5 on their top selling album charts.

Just thought you guys would like to know that it is selling like hotcakes. Plus on the first day, I bought it (from Zavvi, formerly Virgin Megastore), and walked in later to find them totally out of stock, and they had to await delivery the coming Wednesday!

newpicture009fy5.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Totally Sold Out!

I don't want to undermine how well it's doing, since it's damn impressive no matter what (and I know that from various stores I've tried to get it), but seriously, was the first shipment too small?

I don't want to undermine how well it's doing, since it's damn impressive no matter what (and I know that from various stores I've tried to get it), but seriously, was the first shipment too small?

I guess that could be a factor.. Is there a general shipment quota for all CD's issued from Sony BMG, as they are the distributer?

Or is is entirely up to the artist?

I'm not really well versed on any of that stuff. Hopefully somebody can answer.

stopppppp underminingggggggg:wacko:

no wonder there are soo few inventors in the world and soo many naysayerzzzzzz

Last edited:

stopppppp underminingggggggg:wacko:

no wonder there are soo few inventors in the world and soo many naysayerzzzzzz

It's spelled undermining. Sorry, I'll remember not to inquire about stuff in the future if it in any way shape or form possibly reduces an MJ accomplishment even slightly. Obviously, it's doing really well no matter what, since I can't find it anywhere and reports about being sold out are coming in from everywhere. T25 is a massive success either way. I had to order it online because the Deluxe Edition is literally all gone in every popular store in my town. Even the regular one is out of stock in half of the stores here. No one is trying to act like the CD/DVD isn't doing great, or that MJ isn't a likely contender for charting at #1.

And if they didn't send out enough CDs, then it means that it's a way bigger success than was expected. If asking if the shipment wasn't large enough is too negative, wow. That's a really dumb reason for calling someone a naysayer. I've believed in MJ's ability to sell in high quantities all this time. Terribly, terribly sad for anyone who would construe my inquiry as negative. Everything over the years has truly rendered some fans paranoid and overly defensive. It is cult-like to read it sometimes.

Anyway, MJ is the man, and T25 is kicking butt.

Last edited:

OMG the News about the Album gettin' better and better!!

GO MICHAEL GO!!!!

this prooves once again that the name michael jackson is enough to make the orld go crazy
bet the album is going to be anothe top selling album (maybe another mentioning in guinesss book of records one day if we all help with buying and giving it as present to our friends/families too :lol::lol:)

It's obvious that the initial deliveries were too small to meet demand, but I don't know whether it is a problem because the retailers underestimated the demand or because SonyBMG didn't produce enough. Either way, I really hope that most places are restocked quickly, otherwise the shortage could handicap the album in the charts this week.

Of course, if you were into conspiray theory, you could say that the shortage has been engineered in order to create a buzz about the album selling out all over and therefore generate extra demand (kind of like Nintendo did with the Wii 2 years running - how to sell out of date hardware and make it popular LOL.) I haven't heard any news reports talking about the shortage so I guess this is not the case - somebody at Sony would have tipped the news agencies.

I can't find that cd anywhere...here is a story from my mom and sister who went on the hunt tonight for the album.

My sister and my mom went to our local HMV store tonight and asked where Thriller 25 was and they said they are completely sold out! Apparently the guy said all record stores in the city of Barrie are sold out...he said we totally underestimated how popular this CD was going to be. The guy called into the HMV headquarters and apparently most HMV stores in Canada are either 100% sold out or close to it. As a result there is a huge backorder for the album. Apparently the Barrie HMV ordered in 25 copies of Thriller 25 and they were sold out within the first day, then they ordered another 100 copies and they were sold out by yesterday....now they are waiting on another shipment. So my mom and sister had to leave...and look someplace else, but every place was sold out! Apparently shipments are backordered and won't be in until next week!!

Just my luck...grr , im going out tomorrow and searching other places.

Last edited:
Every record store I just went into...

Had Thriller 25 at #1.

This is in Australia by the way. They may have got early sales predictions from ARIA or something because the charts usually come out on Sundays.

Good news in any case. It's getting alot of exposure at the top of the rack there at least. :listeningtomusic

Re: Thriller 25 Is Sold Out Across Much of Canada...

Apparently shipments are backordered and won't be in until next week!!

Just my luck...grr , im going out tomorrow and searching other places.

I'm glad it's selling well, but that limited supply is strangling the chances of the album reaching #1 in some countries. what a pity.

Re: Thriller 25 Is Sold Out Across Much of Canada...

I am going to merge all thread on T25 sale out in various countries. :smile:

Re: Every record store I just went into...

what is the Aria chart what country is that oh another question just say and i am just saying if this cd is new and it goes on to sell beyond could it possibly be a grammy contender if this sucka sells more then we think even if it is a 25 year old re-release???

That's fantastic.

What # is it in the UK?

what is the Aria chart what country is that oh another question just say and i am just saying if this cd is new and it goes on to sell beyond could it possibly be a grammy contender if this sucka sells more then we think even if it is a 25 year old re-release???
ARIA = Australian Recording Industry Association

Not sure about Grammy eligibility.

Michael Jackson - Thriller: 25th Anniversary (Deluxe Edition Hardback Cover CD & DVD)
Temporarily out of stock. This item will be dispatched as soon as it arrives.
Michael Jackson - Thriller: 25th Anniversary (Zombie Cover) (CD & DVD)
Michael Jackson - Off The Wall / Thriller (2CD Slipcase)
Michael Jackson - Thriller (Super Audio CD)

no Thriller available to buy...
That's crazy:lol:

Wow, this is so amazing.
Considering that this isn't even a new album with new material this is just crazy.

:woohoo:

Michael Jackson - Thriller: 25th Anniversary (Deluxe Edition Hardback Cover CD & DVD)
Michael Jackson - Thriller: 25th Anniversary (Zombie Cover) (CD & DVD)
Michael Jackson - Off The Wall / Thriller (2CD Slipcase)
Michael Jackson - Thriller (Super Audio CD)

no Thriller available to buy...
That's crazy:lol:

this is impressive:eek::D

Also sold out at JB HiFi in New Zealand and selected The Warehouse stores.

Becoming as rare as rocking horse ****. Sony/BMG to send second shipment to NZ stores middle of next week.

Worst case scenario, up to 5 days of no retail sales.

I'm starting to think that perhaps most places received small orders. I haven't heard any reports of huge T25 displays, just anecdotal examples.

Still think we are in for a surprise next week.

Back