Janet's Own Tribute to Her Big Brother Vibe, April 2008

mello1

Proud Member
image001.jpg

LOVE those covers!! I'm going to get them both :p:ph34r: The cash register person is going to look at me funny LOL.

does she mention Michael in the article?

How should we know? The magazine isn't in stands yet, and I'm not subscribed to the magazine anymore but for an April issue, I can't see it being sent to subscribers this prematurely when its barely March.

now is that really 'mike?'

looks just more like a regular old, dapper-dressed man to me.

i know it says "off the wall" on the cover but mike's not known for wearing ties... now if janet broke out with some buckles, an sleeve band and some dang knee pads, then yeah... she dressin like mike :)

Can't wait to get my hands on this issue! This is my favorite cover of the two. :)

i know it says "off the wall" on the cover but mike's not known for wearing ties... now if janet broke out with some buckles, an sleeve band and some dang knee pads, then yeah... she dressin like mike :)
Well before all that, there was off the wall. Michaels iconic brick wall background, in a black and white suit, and an afro on the cover. Chris Brown had a birthday party dedicated to it, and there have been various shoots inspired by it.
So yes I would say it is Michael - especially seeing as it says Off The Wall in the Off the Wall font.
Off%20the%20wall.jpg

:unsure:

You're right. She isn't really dressed like Michael. But the pose is a Michael pose and it does say "Off The Wall" in chalk, so I guess that counts, lol.

She resembles Michael so very much, it's incredible. And I find it very sweet of her to pay a tribute to him like that, especially since they look so much alike as brothers.

lol cute cover. I suppose this tribute was inevitable with her song Rock With You :)

I saw the covers on ybf.blogspot.com and I was like, "huh?"

Anyway, I might get it just to see what is it. They are gonna talk about Public Emeny and Busta Rhymes. :)

BTW, the magazine did not come out yet.

I just find it weird that in one magazine she states that she is not going to talk about MJ anymore because she has been doing that her whole career. Then, there are these two Vibe magazine covers, one that reminds people of the old school MJ and then she is interviewed on ShowBiz tonight implying that she is trying to get MJ to agree to the Jacksons reunion tour. I can't get this woman.

Last edited:

Anyway, I might get it just to see what is it. They are gonna talk about Public Emeny and Busta Rhymes. :)

I just find it weird that in one magazine she states that she is not going to talk about MJ anymore because she has been doing that her whole career. Then, there are these two Vibe magazine covers, one that reminds people of the old school MJ and then she is interviewed on ShowBiz tonight implying that she is trying to get MJ to agree to the Jacksons reunion tour. I can't get this woman.
:lol: Well I see it as this. When Janet says shes not going to talk about her brother - she means going in depth about his life, his struggles, his emotions his feelings... stuff that the media will pick up on, misquote her, and cause more stress for Michael and her family, aswell as herself.
Talking about what a genius Michael is, how she is desperate to see her brothers tour, paying homage to her brother is a different thing entirely. He is her big brother... when she says shes not going to talk about him - its not because she hates him or wants all the shine to herself (like alot of people insinuate), its just Janet protecting her brother in her own way. By giving the media nothing to grasp on and twist. Michael has been through ALOT in the past 5 years, so her saying she refuses to talk about him isn't a dig at him, but a dig at the media...
Thats how I see it anyway.

Last edited:
aww that's sooo cute!!!

and yeah when she says she's not going to talk about Michael I'm pretty positive she means his personal life, not any generic same 'ole questions. If someone asks her "hey! how's Mike been doing?" You think she's gonna say "Sorry I don't talk about my brother"?? lol that would make no sense and would come off as rude.
and to anyone who thinks she's not really being her brother because she's not dressed exactly like him... she's gotta put a little bit of her own style into it don't you think? lol

lol cute cover. I suppose this tribute was inevitable with her song Rock With You :)

Very true! I think it's a sweet tribute to him. And she looks great! I might pick that issue up for posterity sake. Thanks for posting this. Defo gonna keep an eye out for it.

What is there not to get? :huh:

And Janet never spoke about her brother her entire career. If she is asked about anything related to her family or Michael she keeps it brief.

Some folks really need to get a life and stop trying to down the NEXT WOMAN and/or man. :lol:

I am just confused by the whole thing. I can't express that? I thought I was in a discussion board and I have a life but I can't say the same about obsess Janet fans who have a issue with my posts on Janet. Anyway, there are too many Janet threads on this side of the forum. Why can it be one thread about her cd and one thread about other things concerning Janet? That way it would not be confusing. Everytime I come here there is a new Janet thread. There are other Jacksons to discuss about. Over at Prince.org, they have an entire thread of the Janet cd and all the reviews, links, clips, magazine covers, interviews etc. of Janet promoting her latest work. Maybe something similar can be done over here. I hope mello1 or someone sees this idea.

Back