The Official MADONNA NEW ALBUM THREAD! Updated with exclusive album preview review.

Sparkle72

Proud Member
The Official MADONNA NEW ALBUM THREAD! Updated with exclusive album preview review and Super hero themed video (page 1)!

Madonna's new album (12 tracks) is going to be released April 29th, but it seems it can be on March. No official info on this. There wasn't annouced any title.

The first single will "4 Minutes to Save the World", produced by Timbaland. It's a duet with Justin Timberlake. The video was shoot in London on the last days of January. Directed by Jonas and Francois.

There's new stylist working with madonna.

Confirmed producers:

Pharrell
Danja
Timbaland
Justin Timberlake

Confirmed tracks (only official sources):
getfile.jpg

The first update of many:

Erica Futterman - Rolling Stone Online Assistant Editor - brought to the attention of Drowned Madonna a very important news.

Rolling Stone got an exclusive preview of Madonna’s new album today, along with some inside scoop from Nate “Danja” Hills on the production of the record.

Madonna has managed to keep most details about her still-untitled follow-up to 2005’s Confessions on a Dance Floor (due April 29th) under wraps, but Rolling Stone got an early listen to five tracks today and some behind-the-scenes info from producer Nate “Danja” Hills.

Fans who worried that Madonna might be losing inspiration as she approaches fifty need not be concerned. The new album takes a few steps away from the hyper-polished future disco of Confessions toward a more urban-oriented, thumpy funk, featuring production by Timbaland and Pharrell, as well as collaborations with Justin Timberlake. Danja says he worked on the album in London, and that Madonna indicated “she just wanted uptempo, dance, club [sounds] and everything to have a hip-hop underlining.” He adds that Madonna was easy-going and frequently in the studio putting in long hours alongside himself, Timbaland and Timberlake: “She would come in and sit in her chair in the corner and just vibe with us.”

The record’s first single is “4 Minutes to Save the World,” the track Timbaland partially debuted during a Philadelphia Christmas concert in December. “4 Minutes” has a bit of a marching band aesthetic as blasting brass play a scale-like riff, a hard, clanging beat enters and Madonna sings that the “road to heaven is paved with good intentions.” Timberlake and Madonna trade verses, and he appears on the chorus, doing his best Michael Jackson impression while quickly crooning, “We’ve only got four minutes to save the world.” The track ends after a brief breakdown where everything drops out but one of Tim’s signature Bhangra beats, some stabs of brass and Madonna’s urgent tick-tock’s. It’s a loud, busy, energetic track that is apparently getting an equally adventurous video: As previously reported, the clip (which is still being completed) is directed by hot French duo Jonas & François (Justice’s “D.A.N.C.E.”). Timbaland makes an appearance, and Madonna and Timberlake play superheroes tackling physical obstacles. The clip features choreography by Jamie King, who worked on Madonna’s Confessions, Re-Invention and Drowned World tours as well as her video for Confessions‘ “Sorry.”

The Pharrell-produced “Candy Store” opens with a big beat and Madonna’s invitation to “Come on in to my store, I got candy galore.” The track is pretty bare on the verses, but there’s a flash of brassy soul on the chorus when harmonies join Madonna singing, “I’ll be your one stop (one stop) candy shop.” The track is punctuated with throbbing breaks filled with hypnotic synths, and Pharrell jumps on the mike for a brief rhyme.

The most lyrical of the five songs is “Miles Away,” a wistful tune about a long-distance relationship with a melody that resembles Timberlake’s FutureSex/LoveSounds, an album Danja says Madonna admired. “We would come up with a track and him and Madonna would come and do lyrics and melody together,” Danja explains. The song opens with a quickly strummed acoustic guitar, then a stuttering beat drops in and the track slowly swells until it’s filled with atmospheric synths. “You always seem to have the biggest heart when we’re 6,000 miles apart,” Madonna sings grandly, lamenting, “I guess we’re at our best when we’re miles away.” The song has a more airy aesthetic compared to the heavy beats on other tracks, which reflects its more emotional lyrics.

The track that sounds most like a more urban, edgy continuation of Confessions is the excellent “Give It to Me,” which bumps along to a thick synth tone Danja employed on Britney Spears’ Blackout. It’s an aggressive, clubby track with a raw, house-y beat that’s ripe for remixing, and Madonna sings, “When the lights go down and there’s no one left I can go on and on.” It ends after a fast, killer breakdown where she chants “Get stupid” over a xylophone chime as the beat builds into a frenzy and she proclaims, “Give it to me / No one’s gonna stop me now.”

The dance floor theme returns again on “Heartbeat,” which boasts a thumping hip-hop beat with a sandpaper shuffle and twinkling Eighties-reminiscent synths. Madonna opens up her voice more, singing, “Can’t you see when I dance I feel free / Which makes me feel like the only one the light shines on.” The song features a brief rap breakdown that recalls Nelly Furtado’s chanty “Promiscuous” (”See my booty get down,” Madonna speak-sings), but returns to its clubby roots in the end.

UPDATED: 29.02.2008.

Madonna has dubbed her final album of new material for her longtime Warner Bros. label "Hard Candy," and will release it on April 29, her publicist confirmed on Tuesday.

The album, which features such songs as "Candy Store" and the first single "Four Minutes," is the follow-up to "Confessions on a Dance Floor," which debuted at No. 1 on the U.S. pop chart in November 2005.

The title and release date were first reported by Entertainment Weekly's Web site (http://www.ew.com), and the details were confirmed by Madonna's spokeswoman, Liz Rosenberg. Entertainment Weekly quoted Rosenberg as saying the 49-year-old singer "loves candy."

"Hard Candy" will be Madonna's last studio release for Warner Bros. before she begins a wide-ranging 10-year recording, touring and merchandising deal with Artist Nation, a new initiative launched by concert promoter Live Nation. Warner Bros., a unit of Warner Music Group Corp will also release a hits collection.

Last edited:
I'm tired of Timbo and Timberlake too, but I'm looking forward to Madonna's new album.

Thanks very much. I hope it's better than Confessions - I didn't enjoy that. American Life is more me (but not many agree with that). I'm a bit worried that this is gonna sound like every other album out there that has Timbaland & JT on. Madonna doesn't usually follow trends but she is this time.

Madonna is trying to get back to her USA urban roots. Remember, believe it or not, many believed Madonna to be a black woman when she first began her career. As for the album, I have faith in Madonna. No matter what she does, she manages to make it her own no matter who is producing.

Last edited:
Madonna is trying to get back to her USA urban roots. Remember, believe it or not, many believed Madonna to be a black woman when she first began her career. As for the album, I have faith in Madonna. No matter what she does, she manages to make it her own no matter who is producing.
I have NEVER believed Madonna was a black woman, and no one I know did either. She was being compared to Tina Marie, whose career under Rick James was just starting and many peeps would say that Marie was more talented than Madonna, although Madonna was more commercial...

totally agree! I don't know one black person that thought Madonna was black

Lol, thank u both

No one thought Madonna was black when she first started out, please.

Madonna doesn't even sound black so I don't know why anyone would think that.

I'm looking forward to her new album. It's one of my most anticipated ones for this year.

I admit it sounds silly. I didn't say I thought it but don't speak for everyone during that time because it is true for some. No, not everyone, but there were assumptions because of the musical style. I've seen music programs on Madonna's early years and read articles stating such. I was surprised when I first heard it too.

secret.jpg

Madonna: Going Back to Her R&B Roots?
By Bryan Ochalla

"A lot of people thought that I was a black artist before they saw my videos,” Madonna told an interviewer all the way back in 1984.
Don't laugh—I’m one of those people. When I first heard "Borderline" on the radio in 1984, I thought I was listening to a black girl. It wasn’t until I saw the video on MTV that I realized Madonna was a blue-eyed, blond-haired white chick with a penchant for black jelly bracelets.
No one makes that mistake anymore, of course, which probably explains the eye-rolling reaction the 49-year-old singer received when she announced last year that she was working on an R&B record with Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, Pharrell Williams and Kanye West.
Take a look at Madonna’s extensive back catalog, though, and you’ll see this is hardly the first time she’s taken a stab at “black music.” Here are a few noteworthy examples:
1. "Love Don’t Live Here Anymore"—Considering the big hits from Madonna’s debut album were dance-pop ditties like "Holiday", "Borderline" and "Lucky Star", it’s a bit shocking that she decided to cover this 1978 Rose Royce classic on her second album, Like a Virgin. The choice didn’t sit well with critics—Rolling Stone called it “awful”—but the singer herself must have been happy with it, as she hauled it out of the vaults and released it as a single to promote her all-ballad album, Something to Remember, in 1996.

Love Don't Live Here Anymore:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=roLLPv4RQgg

Last edited:
whatever, leave that alone. we will have to wait and see, but to be honest, with Timbos , it wouldn't be a miracle if it is just same old crap you hear every day. Hope it isn't,though. Cuz Confessions was good. Though I wish we could hear something similar to Ray of Light, as I find that her best album...

I admit it sounds silly. I didn't say I thought it but don't speak for everyone during that time because it is true for some. No, not everyone, but there were assumptions because of the musical style. I've seen music programs on Madonna's early years and read articles stating such. I was surprised when I first heard it too.

secret.jpg

Madonna: Going Back to Her R&B Roots?
02.15.08 By Bryan Ochalla

"A lot of people thought that I was a black artist before they saw my videos,” Madonna told an interviewer all the way back in 1984. Don't laugh—I’m one of those people. When I first heard "Borderline" on the radio in 1984, I thought I was listening to a black girl. It wasn’t until I saw the video on MTV that I realized Madonna was a blue-eyed, blond-haired white chick with a penchant for black jelly bracelets.
No one makes that mistake anymore, of course, which probably explains the eye-rolling reaction the 49-year-old singer received when she announced last year that she was working on an R&B record with Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, Pharrell Williams and Kanye West.
Take a look at Madonna’s extensive back catalog, though, and you’ll see this is hardly the first time she’s taken a stab at “black music.” Here are a few noteworthy examples:
1. "Love Don’t Live Here Anymore"—Considering the big hits from Madonna’s debut album were dance-pop ditties like "Holiday", "Borderline" and "Lucky Star", it’s a bit shocking that she decided to cover this 1978 Rose Royce classic on her second album, Like a Virgin. The choice didn’t sit well with critics—Rolling Stone called it “awful”—but the singer herself must have been happy with it, as she hauled it out of the vaults and released it as a single to promote her all-ballad album, Something to Remember, in 1996.

I'm sry Jona, but maybe some white folk thought she was black. I promise you that very few, if any black folk did at the time and I was around when she first burst onto the scene. I don't know where Madonna is getting that from. Or Ochalla. Rare breed, indeed.

Last edited:
I saw Madonnas first MTV interview or something on youtube, and she said how people thought she was black, so Jona isn't wrong.

It's true, her photo was purposely left off the cover of her 1st single (Everybody) to keep the rumour going.

I've seen interviews with her early producers like Nile Rodgers and Jellybean Benitez stating so.

Last edited:
can anyone provide samples of of those tunes when people thought she was black?

ahhh thanks but video not available in my country..

I really hope this next album is as good as Confessions. Somehow I doubt it, though, with all the rap/hip hop producers she's bringing in. :no:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Madonna has dubbed her final album of new material for her longtime Warner Bros. label "Hard Candy," and will release it on April 29, her publicist confirmed on Tuesday.

The album, which features such songs as "Candy Store" and the first single "Four Minutes," is the follow-up to "Confessions on a Dance Floor," which debuted at No. 1 on the U.S. pop chart in November 2005.

The title and release date were first reported by Entertainment Weekly's Web site (http://www.ew.com), and the details were confirmed by Madonna's spokeswoman, Liz Rosenberg. Entertainment Weekly quoted Rosenberg as saying the 49-year-old singer "loves candy."

"Hard Candy" will be Madonna's last studio release for Warner Bros. before she begins a wide-ranging 10-year recording, touring and merchandising deal with Artist Nation, a new initiative launched by concert promoter Live Nation. Warner Bros., a unit of Warner Music Group Corp will also release a hits collection.

Lol, I agree, it is a stupid title but as long as the album itself is good then that's all I care about.

Since "4 mInutes" leaked...what do you people think of it?
I like it...

It's going to be a big hit in the U.S thats for sure.

check my post on the "4 minutes" thread.
but i won't mind repeating - DISAPPOINTED!

Back