Anybody here like Rod Stewart???

motown lady

Proud Member
I'm a child of the seventies/80's so my first dance steps were to peeps like Hot-Rod:lol:, Abba, 'Disco Donna' & Chaka Khan/Rufus.

Has anyone here seen him live lately, I just saw him, again, in early 2007.

He gives a great but unique show each time. He's big on audience participation, which makes it a fun experience!

Last edited:
I've just got into Rod my faveourite songs of his are, Young Turks, Maggie May, Sailing & Do Ya Think I'm Sexy

I really like him ALOT. I almost forgot about him tho until i saw this thread. lol
He needs to make a new album! I love the songs "Some Guys Have All The Luck", "Broken Arrow", "Crazy About Her", "Forever Young", "Have U Ever Seen The Rain", "My Heart Cant Tell You No", "Tonights The Night", "Maggie May", "Rythm Of My Heart", "Stay With Me", "The Motown Song", "This Old Heart Of Mine", "Twistin The Night Away", "Young Turks" and "U Wear It Well". :)

I remember once he was supposed to play in Springfield Missouri and he canceled at the last minute and fans were insanely p!ssed. lol
They got this car and put graffiti all over it - all kinds of messages to him. They started saying he thought he was too good to play in a small town and all that...it was a big mess.

But hes great. :yes:
A true talent.

Last edited:
:eek:whoa..oh-hh, my!

Did he return? I wonder, was this cancellation around the time he had his bout with throat cancer? I know I've prayed & continue to pray for his continued recovery. Especially since he keeps coming up with new hits..family wise. How old is Hot-Rod's :lol:youngest? I know he showed a beautiful family slide presentation on the monitor behind his stage, the last time we saw him here in Michigan.

Last edited:
^^^Nope. He never came back - dont blame him after the way the fans acted. I mean performers cancel shows all the time...it was just i think there was a rumor at the time that he canceled Springfields to do a bigger show but that wasnt true - it couldnt have been. No tour that ive ever heard of books shows one on top of the other.
No this was many years ago - at least id say 15 years for sure. I didnt know he ever had throat cancer...:eek: :( Im glad hes okay!
Isnt his youngest child like 2 or so?

<object width="600" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6XuBpO3_njA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6XuBpO3_njA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="600" height="344"></embed></object>

I think he's pretty good. I've got quite a bit of his work.

The First Cut Is The Deepest (Live)

I'm a big fan of Rod's. I really like all his classic material, and some of his more recent stuff too. Saw him live afew years ago and he put on an excellent show. I had great seats near the front so had a really good view, without a doubt one of the best performers!

I like Rod. I prefer his older stuff much more than his recent stuff though. Funny I came across this thread, my mum has just bought tickets to go and see him later this year :rollin:

Back