Best song written by Rod Temperson

What do you think is MJ's best song written by Rod Temperton?

• Rock With You

Votes: 57 23.5%
  • Off The Wall

Votes: 35 14.4%
  • Burn This Disco Out

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Baby Be Mine

Votes: 23 9.5%
  • Thriller

Votes: 61 25.1%
  • The Lady In My Life

Votes: 61 25.1%

• Total voters
AAAHHHHH!!!! i cant pick between 'lady in my life' ,'baby be mine', aaaannnnd all the rest of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! I just can't choose. I adore all of these songs. Their collaborations were great! 2 genius!

Rod Temperton has written some great songs. It's hard for me to choose because I truly love all these songs, but if forced to pick then I gotta go with "Lady In My Life" :wub:.

Lady in my life or rock with u

I voted for lady in my life though

This guy has written some great songs :wub: My fave is prob Lady in My Life, but a teeny part of me knows that Rock With You is prob a better track somehow :hmm:

voted for OTW:yes:

Rod is a great songwriter, he also wrote Someone In The Dark (together with A. & M. Bergman)

Last edited:
It's hard for me to choose between Rock With You, Off The Wall and Burn This Disco Out.

Rock With You is funky but smooth song, but Rod Temperton wrote Rock With You as an up tempo song. Michael slowed the pace of the song down to make it the smooth song we all know. Michael mentioned this in his 1988 autobiography Moonwalk. The up tempo version was supposed to have been included in the Off The Wall (Special Edition) in 2001.

I see that the most have voted for Rock With You, which is surely one of the best ones, but my personal favourite has to be Baby Be Mine. Another one that I absolutely love is Hotstreet (I am not 100% sure but I assume it's by Rod Temperton). It's the uptempo and the melodies that I like about them.

Last edited:
Back