Europe (Swedish Band)

mo_rizwan

Proud Member
I was listening to The Final Countdown (after downloading the track a few days ago). Thinking whether I should get into the band.

They any good?

Any CD/DVD Recommendations?

Europe's my biggest favorite band ever. I've got all their CD's and DVD's, as well as several vinyl singles and LP's. I've been to three concerts.

They reunited in 2003 and have released two albums since then, "Start from the Dark" and "Secret Society". These are more heavy rock albums, so it's nothing like "The Final Countdown". "Start from the Dark" is a heavy album, while "Secret Society" is a bit more varied, so I would recommend "Secret Society".

Out of their older albums, "Wings of Tomorrow" is also on the heavy side, but if you like 80's rock with keyboard riffs, "The Final Countdown" and "Out of This World" are worth a listen.

As for their DVD's, I'd recommend "Live from the Dark" (a gig shot in London 2004), or if you want a concert from their 80's heyday, check out "The Final Countdown Tour: Live in Sweden".

Last edited:
Yes. They'll play at some festivals all around Europe this year.

They've played in London a couple of times on their latest tours, but no UK dates have been confirmed for this year yet.

Oh my god... I'm sorry but I hate this band. :lol: I just find them very corny (as almost any 80's heavy band.)
But I admit that I have my nostalgic moments with "The Final Countdown". ;)

Europe's my biggest favorite band ever. I've got all their CD's and DVD's, as well as several vinyl singles and LP's. I've been to three concerts.

They reunited in 2003 and have released two albums since then, "Start from the Dark" and "Secret Society". These are more heavy rock albums, so it's nothing like "The Final Countdown". "Start from the Dark" is a heavy album, while "Secret Society" is a bit more varied, so I would recommend "Secret Society".

Out of their older albums, "Wings of Tomorrow" is also on the heavy side, but if you like 80's rock with keyboard riffs, "The Final Countdown" and "Out of This World" are worth a listen.

As for their DVD's, I'd recommend "Live from the Dark" (a gig shot in London 2004), or if you want a concert from their 80's heyday, check out "The Final Countdown Tour: Live in Sweden".
I had no idea they had that much material. I thought they only made 1 or 2 albums. Although I only really know "The Final Countdown", lol. I vaguely remember another song, but it didn't get much airplay. I assume it's from the same album as "Final".

The Final Countdown WoooHOOoo! :punk:
It is a great song, especially live. :yes: I've been to four Europe concerts, and every time they play that song, it's magic. The whole crowd goes nuts and jumps and sings along. :woohoo:

Geico

Here's a commercial that's been on TV the past few months

Back