Janet on Larry King Tonight on CNN

ruchie

Proud Member
For everyone who has Cable.
Janet will be on Larry King Tonight on CNN talking about her Career and any question she agrees to answer.:punk:
Have your recorders ready.

WOO HOO! I was about to post about this news and glad to see it already posted.
I am planning to record this to my PC and will try to share it if anyone is interested because I know some people do not get LKL.

Rag on me - send me a note or something to remind me to work on this if you guys are interested. Then I will try to share it to be viewed online as well as a way to download it in decent wmv format.

I am really looking forward to watching this, but won't be able to until after my twins are off to bed. Thank heavens I can record it! :lol:

That was nice. Janet's a real sweetheart. She talked about Michael a little, like he aksed if Michael is shy, and Janet said yes, and said a few members of her family still were. He asked her what she thought of the "Thriller 25" project and she said she thought it was wonderful and that it was number one all over the world, and she said good for Michal. Larry kept peppering questions about him all over the interview, but it stayed nice and respectful the whole time. I liked the end when Janet was trying to show Larry the dance step from her new video, lol.

Last edited:
Lawd, did yall see Janet trying to teach Larry King how to dance at the end? That was so painful to watch. I thought Larry was gonna break an arm. lmao

Janet also said she's been having conference calls with her brothers about touring. She wants to open for them--said she's never opened for anybody before, but Michael is the holdout. He wants to work on his solo career.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates!

CindaRilla, I know your efforts would be greatly appreciated, if you decide/have time to do that.

Lawd, did yall see Janet trying to teach Larry King how to dance at the end? That was so painful to watch. I thought Larry was gonna break an arm. lmao

Janet also said she's been having conference calls with her brothers about touring. She wants to open for them--said she's never opened for anybody before, but Michael is the holdout. He wants to work on his solo career.
Can't say i'm surprised I mean by himself he has had incredible success as a solo artist cus he did say at dodger stadium in 84 that it would be their last and final tour and despite all those bumps in his career he's remained relevant for the past 4 decades.

Last edited:
Well one thing is certain and that's that Michael doesn't need to get with his brothers. I would prefer him to stay solo, he has been for the past 30 years and I think his brothers hold him back. If Michael doesn't want to do it, and it sounds like he doesn't, nobody should force him.

I LOVED this interview. it was really very good.
as far as the tour is concerned. are you kidding me? i would kill to see Michael up there with his brothers and Janet as the friggin opening act!! i doubt if they do do it it would just be all Jackson 5 material. that would just be ridiculous. The way I envision it would be mainly Michael doing his solo stuff and then bringing out his brothers for the Jackson 5 songs. that would be out of this world. i would be first in line to buy a ticket.

I like Larry King. I think he has always been respectful of Michael hasn't he? Actually, I don't ever remember him disrespecting anyone. I just get the feeling he really likes him. I think he was getting all hot when him and Janet tried dancing. lol. That was cute.

Thanks for the updates!

CindaRilla, I know your efforts would be greatly appreciated, if you decide/have time to do that.
Yeah! Please do that!
Here is a transcript of this interview:

[URL="http://

Last edited:
Well one thing is certain and that's that Michael doesn't need to get with his brothers. I would prefer him to stay solo, he has been for the past 30 years and I think his brothers hold him back. If Michael doesn't want to do it, and it sounds like he doesn't, nobody should force him.
I disagree. Although it Michael is great solo, it's absolute magic when he and Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, and Randy get together. There's unbelievable chemistry:punk:

I disagree. Although it Michael is great solo, it's absolute magic when he and Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, and Randy get together. There's unbelievable chemistry:punk:
Agreed. Nothing can be more magical than them Jackson brothers all on stage at the same time. I so hate to hear all them back up singers singing out of tune in MJ's concert. Ep when they sing Jermaines parts. MJ should have had his brothers with him. There is no reason why he shouldn't and the whole world want to see a Jackson tour.:D

Last edited:
Well, to me, all the magic comes from Michael. He's the one working the show, doing 90% of the vocals, running back and forth, doing 90% of the dancing. He doesn't need his brothers, if he's proven anything, its that. He's a solo artist and has been for 30 years now. They can't do any of his choreography on stage, that's why Michael has professional dancers on tour with him, his brothers can't keep up in that department. 4 of the 6 brothers can't sing, and certainly aren't better then Michael's back up singers on his solo tours, and there are far better musicians out there. Only Jermaine has a real voice besides Michael. So, in my opinion, I just think his brothers hold him back and he doesn't need them and if he doesn't want to do it, nobody should be pressuring him. Michael is the ultimate showman, with or without his brothers.

Last edited:
Wannbe you can be so harsh at times it is almost offensive. Please remember that there are real Jackson fans on this boards and to hear you judge them so hard hurts like hell. Don't put the brothers down to build Michael up. MJ would have been NOTHING without his brothers. They were all great together, and if you were not born during the time of their greatness, every brother was loved by the people, not just Michael Every last one of them was loved.

Wannbe you can be so harsh at times it is almost offensive. Please remember that there are real Jackson fans on this boards and to hear you judge them so hard hurts like hell. Don't put the brothers down to build Michael up. MJ would have been NOTHING without his brothers. They were all great together, and if you were not born during the time of their greatness, every brother was loved by the people, not just Michael Every last one of them was loved.
I agree.... every single Jackson sibling is talented... there was the Jackson 5 not The Jackson 1 ( and The Jacksons)....

i watched the second half of the interview :D it was great :) janets so sweet :wub:
i loved her hairstyle. it was very beautiful.

I agree.... every single Jackson sibling is talented... there was the Jackson 5 not The Jackson 1 ( and The Jacksons)....
Thank You so much. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. I never knew I could be so hurt. I will not judge another artist harshly again, not that I ever did, but it hurts like hell when someone you love is judge so. I love the jackson brothers. I especially love to hear Jackie song. All the brothers are talented, and they raised MJ and encouraged him and indulged him until he was confident enough to go on his own. The brothers were the oxygen for MJ. :)

Thank You so much. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. I never knew I could be so hurt. I will not judge another artist harshly again, not that I ever did, but it hurts like hell when someone you love is judge so. I love the jackson brothers. I especially love to hear Jackie song. All the brothers are talented, and they raised MJ and encouraged him and indulged him until he was confident enough to go on his own. The brothers were the oxygen for MJ. :)

so true.... one for all ... all for one...
when you listen to the brothers they sound wonderfully in harmony:eek::D
let's take for instance... " Blame It On The Boogie"

or this "Thank You" (?) song.....
unbelievable... really

oh, I've found it (thanks to you:D) in Joseph Jackson's words
".....Michael has a beautiful voice, and his brothers made a perfect harmony on the back-vocal. Jackson 5 had an excellent sounding. They looked good and their voices matched each other. We had to have success......"

sooooo agree:D
regards, cinderella

Last edited:
so true.... one for all ... all for one...
when you listen to the brothers they sound wonderfully in harmony:eek::D
let's take for instance... " Blame It On The Boogie"

or this "Thank You" (?) song.....
unbelievable... really
regards, cinderella
Oh gosh, you know it. Listen to the harmony in "Going Places", or 'Looking through the Window'.How the hell did they sing like that. That family is really blessed. God must have been smiling when he created such a family. They were not known as the Royal family of music for nothing.:D

Last edited:
Calm down, sheesh, I was just stating my opinion and I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. That is never my intent. I've listened to the Jackson Five and the Jacksons a great deal and I have a large collection of their music, so I'm not basing anything on nothing. Its just my take. There are many artists who have made it on their own, with their own talent, far less gifted then Michael, and I know that, given Michael's extraordinary abilities, he could have easily have made it on his own, if he really wanted to, with or without his family. Saying he couldn't have is unrealistic and meaningless since he started with a family act. But the man is a genius and if others less talented have made it on their own, so too could have Michael. His brothers are a part of his history and I respect each and every member of the Jackson family, but that doesn't mean I have to think they're talented or think they add anything to Michael. He's better on his own, in my view and I'm not the only one who feels that way, far from it, in fact.

Last edited:
Oh gosh, you know it. Listen to the harmony in "Going Places", or 'Looking through the Window'.How the hell did they sing like that. That family is really blessed. God must have been smiling when he created such a family. They were not know as the Royal family of music for nothing.:D

love it.....
yeah, they are special... for sure:D

Back