Johnny Cash

Catherine..

Proud Member
JohnnyCash.jpg

Do any of you like Johnny Cash, aka the man in black.
johhnycash.jpg

Johnny%20Cash%20-%20Ultimate%20Gospel_press4.jpg

66507130_dd367f87ca.jpg

Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s_g32kHMiPM

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6iBVIuEIqTM

He's the man. When I'm in the mood to just sit down quietly and reflect, I'll listen mostly to Johnny Cash.

I loooooooovvvvvve Jonny Cash. I could never get enough of him. I been playing his music this very week. One of my favourite country music artist, and I love good old fashion country. Jimm Reeves is another of my favourite.:wub:

Great musicians.. sadly as many musicians do, had many demons in his life.. But very talented..

IDK if many know this but many in hip/hop look up to him as well.. They consider him one of the first rappers.. His music came from the same area of the soul as Hip/hop Rap.

Last edited:
Last edited:
If Johnny is singing Will the circle, I am going to DIE, cause that is one of my favourite gospel song of all time, and did I tell you I LLLLLoooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee Johny Cash? That guy is wearing a Jamaican flag for a jumper.He must probably be jamaican.

Last edited:
Will the circle is a beautiful song, kind of depressing but beautiful non the less lol.

"Can the Circle Be Unbroken (By and By)" is a well-known country/folk song reworked by A. P. Carter from a hymn by Ada R. Habershon and Charles Gabriel.[1]The song's lyrics concerns the death, funeral, and mourning of the narrator's mother.

The way Pops Staples (in the Jamaican shirt) spoke about Johnny and June was very heart felt. It was a great performance.

The Carter Family is the first family of country music, and June Carter is Johns wife, shes also known as June Carter Cash. They wrote alot of classic well known songs etc.

618px-JohnnyCashJuneCarterCash1969.jpg

johnny_cash3.jpg
image1_-_web-3.jpg
The Walk the Line movie showcases alot about their relationship and how it began.

Last edited:
Thanks Catherine. I loved his songs all my life, but I know nothing about the man.So were they his kids singing in the group?

Thanks Catherine. I loved his songs all my life, but I know nothing about the man.So were they his kids singing in the group?

You should check out "Walk the Line" if you haven't already seen it. Then "Walk Hard" for cross reference...

"Wrong kid died!"

This video really moved me. I do not know his music, so I wonder if he has other songs that are as powerful. May he rest in peace.

If tha video doesn't move you then you're not human. The fact that he knew he was dying at the time adds a special resonance.

I can't say I'm a rabid fan, but I do like some of his music. Most of the 2005 biopic Walk the Line was really good, and I admire both Johnny and June for using their music to spread the Christian faith around the world later in life.

"The new album’s opening track, Hello Out There, finds Cash fretting about the state of the planet, singing: “Hello out there, this is planet Earth calling calling calling calling calling / Hello out there, our net worth is falling falling falling falling falling”. He focuses on his own woes, too, on Drive On – which was written amid chronic pain following a broken jaw in the early 1990s – and Like a Soldier, which reflects on his drug addiction. “It’s something that that he wrote after his first stint in a recovery centre – he felt like he was like a soldier getting over a war,” John Carter Cash said."

Back