Audio: Janet speaks about the rumors of her child

oh my they were SO intrusive...mad props for janet for handling that well. i dont know if it was the questions asked or the way it was put across to her but they made me cringe.

thanks for sharing that, rubba!

Last edited:
I agree. How embarrassing for her.

Especially when they came straight out and asked her about "The child".

Last edited:
SInce Janet is so keen on the brothers reforming and want to open for them she should just take them on tour with her.

SInce Janet is so keen on the brothers reforming and want to open for them she should just take them on tour with her.

that's what I said too.. so that way if Michael doesn't want to go, he don't have too. Janet will be the lead or the person that will draw fans to the concerts. I think she should stop trying to force MJ to tour

And how is she forcing MJ to tour? MJ doesn't do anything that MJ doesn't want to do.

Always been that way.

oh my they were SO intrusive...mad props for janet for handling that well. i dont know if it was the questions asked or the way it was put across to her but they made me cringe.

thanks for sharing that, rubba!

Yeah, I think this was a rare instance in which the interviewers weren't given a black sheet, which lists the questions that you cannot ask the artist. Janet ALWAYS gives one out. I'm surprised that she didn't this time. She handled them well. She was more candid in this one than she is in her tv interviews. I love when she says 'No worries' and 'messy'. She makes me laugh everytime she says it.

And how is she forcing MJ to tour? MJ doesn't do anything that MJ doesn't want to do.

Always been that way.
Well, force doesn't necessarily means putting a gun to his head, but speaking about it in public, letting the world know that it is Michael that is causing the hold up could be a subtle way of putting pressure on him to do what he isn't keen on doing. Don't forget that if the whole family is urging it for what ever reason and MJ doesn't do it, he will be seen as depriving the family something that they wanted. This could cause strained relationship not just between him and his parents and brothers but, his neices and nephews as well, who may feel that he robbed their dads of their final moment of glory. This is big stuff. So Janet using the public arena can be seen as putting pressure on him, yes.

This was the interview that I was talking about on the MJ General Dicussion thread when that dumbass Michael Shawn asked Janet about Michael. They said that they had no issue with Janet because she asked all of their questions unlike Usher. I know that at some parts the interview was funny. However, I missed it when it came on. I was working that day. They were intrusive, but Janet answered the question. Even though I am not a fan of Janet, I am glad that she answered the question regarding that rumor about the secret child. Her answer was on point. However, I did not like her answer regarding MJ. I felt that she should have stated that she loves her brother and that she wishes him the best. The way she answered the question regarding her brother sounds bitter to me. That is how I see it. Anyway, thanks RubbaRubba.

Well, force doesn't necessarily means putting a gun to his head, but speaking about it in public, letting the world know that it is Michael that is causing the hold up could be a subtle way of putting pressure on him to do what he isn't keen on doing. Don't forget that if the whole family is urging it for what ever reason and MJ doesn't do it, he will be seen as depriving the family something that they wanted. This could cause strained relationship not just between him and his parents and brothers but, his neices and nephews as well, who may feel that he robbed their dads of their final moment of glory. This is big stuff. So Janet using the public arena can be seen as putting pressure on him, yes.
MJ is not under any pressure here and that woman can say what she wants. MJ all of his life has done basically what MJ wanted to do once he got away from his family. I think yall are reading way too much into this.

this is not saying anything about janet.. But doesn't it feel like a trend for celebs to have kids right now??? lol!

These interviewers need to think before the speak. They ask stpid questions lol.

Last edited:
MJ is not under any pressure here and that woman can say what she wants. MJ all of his life has done basically what MJ wanted to do once he got away from his family. I think yall are reading way too much into this.
You cannot possibly know if MJ is not under pressure unless MJ told you that. If you have an entire family telling you they want you to go on the road for a reunion tour, and you don't want to do it, you run the risk of upsetting the family and alienating yourself from them. There is bound to be some people feeling disgruntled. That is the type of pressure I am talking about. If MJ is sitting on the fence and Janet and Jermaine are telling the press that all the brothers are ready but they are waiting on MJ, that is an additional pressure MJ is being put under. That is how pressure works. They are using the media to speak to MJ. I am all for the reunion, but I want MJ to want to do it willingly. I don't want him to feel obligated to do it for fear of upsetting his family.:)

wow that interview got kinda intense after the money question. i dont think they were expecting that out of her. I thought she handled herself well though and they knew when to back off.

Look, I did not like how intrusive they were to Janet but they do that to everyone. At least Janet answered the questions that she was asked. Those people are idiots anyway and they showed it on their show. Michael Shawn is a big time MJ hater. I was not shocked by how he asked Janet the questions about MJ, all ignorant and stupid like he truly is (meaning Michael Shawn). When he was a dj here in Philly, he trashed MJ pretty badly. All of the sudden, he left. LOL. Sadly, he is still in Philly because the Ms. Jones show comes airs on 100.3 The Beat. Dang! LOL.

Everyone keeps trying to be like Howard Stern... I mean with the blunt questions no barriers, it all seems pretty false to me.

Back