Greatest SoundTrack Songs ever?

L.J

Proud Member
I was just thinking the other day I love some of the biggest hits from films, and you know I've got them on the iPod or whatever and I listen to them and love them.... but when they come up during the course of the film.... and I know them by heart... for some reason hearing them in the film, raises the hair on the back of my neck.

For example, I love the song "The Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler, but when I watch Beaches, that song sends all the hairs up on the back of my neck and it feels like it's the first time I've heard it all over again. ^_^

Soooo...... What are your fav soundtracks? or even your favourite songs from movies?

any particular reason for your choices?

these aren't songs - more like instrumentals - but the soundtrack of the movie Ghost Dog (1999) was really deep and strong. they were written and produced by The RZA of Wu-Tang Clan.

also, the Balcony Scene from Romeo & Juliet (1997) by a great composer called Craig Armstrong:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e9wxef5modQ
(mind the Orwell talk lol, listen to the audio :p)

I love alot of soundtracks. I still love Grease...it was my favorite movie when I was a little girl.

The bodyguard and Grease has excellent soundtracks!

I love the soundtrack for Against All Odds. It includes songs from Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford, Stevie Nicks, and Big Country, among others. I practically memorized side one when I first got it on cd.

The City Of Angels and Phenomenon soundtracks were also very memorable, and had great artists on them. And of course the original Batman soundtrack (with Prince.)

Last edited:
Star Wars...

even paramount television used that theme for awhile..but i guess..J. Williams had a problem with that...lol

Last edited:
also, the Balcony Scene from Romeo & Juliet (1997) by a great composer called Craig Armstrong:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e9wxef5modQ

Wow...I came to this thread having Romeo and Juliet in mind, but never thought someone had already mentioned it :D

There's also a piano instrumental from this movie that I really love, though I don't know who plays it.

I usually like instrumentals in movies too, some pieces are fantastic :)

Bodyguard
Grease
Preachers Wife
Rocky
Forrest Gump
Pretty Woman
Beverly Hills Cop
Urban Cowboy
8 Seconds
Home Alone

Wow...I came to this thread having Romeo and Juliet in mind, but never thought someone had already mentioned it :D

There's also a piano instrumental from this movie that I really love, though I don't know who plays it.

I usually like instrumentals in movies too, some pieces are fantastic :)

good stuff :D

yeah, i'm really interested in music for movies/tv because sometimes that visual side brings another form of inspiration to the composer/producer of the audio while they look at the picture and work at the same time. seems really fun to do as well. and those b@stards get heaps of $$$!

good stuff :D

yeah, i'm really interested in music for movies/tv because sometimes that visual side brings another form of inspiration to the composer/producer of the audio while they look at the picture and work at the same time. seems really fun to do as well. and those b@stards get heaps of $$$!

Lol, true :lol:

And the effect goes the other way around too. Having the music composed beforehand, you can picture certain scenes ^_^ It happens to me all the time when listening to instrumentals, lol.

Oh, I found the song I was talking about before. :D The song is "A time for us", by Nino Rota, and it's from the 1968 version of Romeo and Juliet :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAz82qHcLBk

:wub:

Btw, thanks arXter! :D :flowers:

these aren't songs - more like instrumentals - but the soundtrack of the movie Ghost Dog (1999) was really deep and strong. they were written and produced by The RZA of Wu-Tang Clan.

Oh great choices ^_^

I love a lot of movie instrumentals.

Love the Dragonheart main theme ^_^

Rocky Horror Picture Show!! :yes:

YaY!!!! Let's do the time warp :dance:

:lol:

Shaft, Superfly and Saturday Night Fever.

oh yes!!! :punk:

I just remembered another I love, the song/music being played in Gladiator when he's walking through the fields. What a beautiful voice :wub:

So very many come to mind that it's hard to pick a favorite. The ones that come to mind right away are:

Evergreen- Barbra Streisand from the movie A Star is Born (although the actual song from the movie isn't half as good as her concert performances of the song, but jmo).

Maria, Somewhere, Tonight- All from the movie West Side Story

Last edited:
oooh what great choices all round :)

I just thought of another one which I would LOVE to get on CD but can't find anywhere and that's

Mr. Holland's Opus

^_^ what great tracks this film had, especially the songs being played as the credits rolled, which I think were:
Coles song - Julian Lennon and then Visions of a sunset - Shawn Stockman

(at least that's the final songs being listed as the credits roll) :)

this movie is great especially when he sings Lennon's "Beautiful Boy" to his son :)

Last edited:
Saturday Night Fever
Parade (Under The Cherry Moon)
Mo' Money
The Wiz
A Hard Day's Night

Individual songs:
The Sweetest Thing ~ Lauryn Hill
Grease ~ Frankie Valli
Got To Get You Into My Life ~ Earth Wind & Fire
Singing In The Rain ~ Gene Kelly
Soul Bossa Nova ~ Quincy Jones