Jermaine Jackson's solo career

I was really surprised to see that there aren't any threads on Jermaine's solo cds (which I think are fantastic, by the way.) Anyway, any fans? :punk:

I have most of Jermaine's albums; my favorite period of his music is from "Feel The Fire" through "Precious Moments." That's where I think he was his most creative, although I also enjoy the albums before FTF and after PM as well. :)

I'm a Jermaine fan but I only have one album. It is hard to find jermaines albums here in britain. I frequent the youtube to listen to him though. He is gaining many fans on youtube, I made a thread about that too.

^^ You can usually find his last four albums (on the Arista label) on ebay or Amazon marketplace. The earlier Motown albums are also available on filesharing networks in very high quality. :)

Michael did quite well for himself, he had quite a few hits :)

Michael did quite well for himself, he had quite a few hits :)

Michael? lol. I think u mean Jermaine, but yes Jermaine has done quite well for himself indeed, the third most successful Jackson after Michael and Janet. He had quite a following in the 80's. I think my fave song of his is probably "Do What You Do", his voice is just lovely in that. Man, can he sing. He had the potential to be a great soul artist. I always wished that he and MJ had recorded an album together though because they are both so talented. Those two together would have been unstoppable.

Last edited:
I will always regret him leaving the group. That was partly why the jacksons went into the wilderness for a while. People did love jermaine and when he left the group there were great disappointment all round. By the way, did you know the jackson's got their name back and can now call themselves J5 again?

Last edited:
very talented cat but he never got the full album of material to compliment of his skills. I dug quite a few of his hits and then I was hit and miss with the rest.

As I've said before, I enjoy Jermaine's music. I have his Ultimate Greatest Hits collection. He has a beautiful voice and hits from the 70s-90s. He did quite well, I would say.

On another note, did you ever get my PM shipoffools?

As I've said before, I enjoy Jermaine's music. I have his Ultimate Greatest Hits collection. He has a beautiful voice and hits from the 70s-90s. He did quite well, I would say.

On another note, did you ever get my PM shipoffools?
I would love that ultimate collection, Jermaine should have been a massive solo star. I suppose he just wan't hungry enough.:)

I've not heard an of his albums but he has a nice voice and I really like his song 'Do What You Do'. He seems like a really nice person too :).

yes they're great especially the one i have on cd. its a compilation album that came out after jermaine went to BB in 2006. its called big brother jermaine. it has even J5 songs in it like get up and dance :D my fave songs off this album are lets be young tonight (absolutely amazing melody and vocals), isnt she lovely which is a stevie song which jermaine made a cover of, lets get serious which is also a song written by stevie and given by him to jermaine, i cant take no more. it has 20 tracks in total.
the other 2 i have in vinyl are original albums the one was released in 1982 and its called let me tickle ur fancy and the other one was released in 1984 and its called dynamite.

Oh My gawd, I would kill for those songs. I have the dynamite album. Where did you get that BB album from. Have you heard the one he sings that is being sampled by J-Z. Let me see if I find it on utibe. I also love the duets he sings with Whitney. He has a very beautiful voice. I hope he and MJ can team up and do something together.

Dynamite is the only Jermaine solo album that's still in print, I think. It's really a shame, they should remaster all his old solo albums - I'd buy them! :happy:

I have his Dynamite album, I really love his voice. He's like a teddybear, seriously. :lol:
My favorite songs are Do What You Do and Don't Take It Personal. :wub:

Last edited:
jermaine had a success with "when the rain began to fall" but he did not made a great solo career

£2.99? I'm buying that! I have spent so much money on cds over the past 2 days (online shopping), and I said I'm not going to buy anymore for a month, but I got to get this!

Back