Latoya Jackson was a household name in the 80's

AW: Latoya Jackson was a household name in the 80's

Jeez.. are you the president of the Latoya Jackson fanatics?? What reaction are we supposed to look at! It's the Beach Boys and Julio Iglesias... so of course there is some crowd reaction... I can't tell though that anyone was reacting because of Latoya!! She didn't even sing, just stand there!

And she is a Jackson... so obviously some celebs know her... but from some celebs knowing her to go to "Just about every male star wanted to date her" is a stretch in every sense of the word!

Never knew she was a house whole name! she's so pretty in that vid
Yes, latoya was a household name. She was also a trend setter. Whatever Latoya was wearing would be seen in the streets the next day. This was the height of the Jackson fame remeber. Latoya was on the lips of everyone and on the front page of every magazine.:D

Re: AW: Latoya Jackson was a household name in the 80's

Jeez.. are you the president of the Latoya Jackson fanatics?? What reaction are we supposed to look at! It's the Beach Boys and Julio Iglesias... so of course there is some crowd reaction... I can't tell though that anyone was reacting because of Latoya!! She didn't even sing, just stand there!

And she is a Jackson... so obviously some celebs know her... but from some celebs knowing her to go to "Just about every male star wanted to date her" is a stretch in every sense of the word!
Patrick, if you are offended by my thread, steer clear of it.^_^

I'm not offended... I'm just asking, as you seem so adamant to show us how huge she was! And it is my decision which threads I check out! Thank you!

hse wrote in her book that Iglesias and prince were hot for her.

hse wrote in her book that Iglesias and prince were hot for her.
That is very true. So was Mick Jagger I heard. That man call proctor somebody almost raped her.
Latoya in the 80's was to men what MJ was to women.:)

Last edited:

Actually, I also heard that she was "hot stuff" (lol) back in the 80's. I don't know about 'the MJ for men' but I do know she was H-O-T back then! But you aint gotta believe it!

Actually, I also heard that she was "hot stuff" (lol) back in the 80's. I don't know about 'the MJ for men' but I do know she was H-O-T back then! But you aint gotta believe it!
Yes she was . The Jacksons were on a roll at the time. Michael was riding high in the charts and everybody wanted to be seen with him, incuding the President of the united state. Imagine going out with a Jackson sister. Latoya was not just a Jackson and Michael Jackson's sister, She was also stunningly beautiful. That was her added bonus. She was constantly in all the glamarous magazines, rather like Victoria Beckham ot her day. Everybody knew her. I didn't even knew that she had records cause she was not known for her singing. She was just a Jackson and a member of that music royalty. :)

Last edited:
Even Rebbie was a house hold name..

All the Jacksons..

This is off topic but I have every episode of that show 'MARTIN'..

If you watch all 6 seasons, you will hear HUNDREDS of MJ and Jackson related mentionings.. When the show was on TV I never really noticed HOW MUCH.. but now, it's almost ever 3 episodes there is SOMETHING.. Martin mentions him all the time.. It's pretty crazy and cool..

The reason why I mentioned this, is because one episode Martin was talking about him and his friends rolls in this play they were doing..

He said something on the lines..

"I'm Michael, i'm the star.. My baby's Janet.. My boy Cole is Jermaine, Tommy is Jackie, and Pam is Toto." (He hates Pam, his girls best friend) They all say.. "You mean Tito".. He's all "No, Toto, the family pet."

lol! Just thought of that..

Last edited:
Even Rebbie was a house hold name..

All the Jacksons..
Well Rebbie did have a top 10 hit called centipede, so I suppose she was known for it, but to be honest, I did not know of her existence until I came on fanboards in 04. I knew Latoya in the 80's when she was just known as Latoya. many young kids too were named after her.:)

YEAH....SURRRRRRREEEE She was a household name because she was the Jackson that showed her lady parts for a worldwide magazine.

^^ LOL

Latoya was pretty much famous for being infamous. Kind of like Paris Hilton is famous just because she is. I enjoy some of Latoya's music, but it's pretty much throwaway tunes.

Last edited:
she was in playboy and she did interviews about michael. is all i know.

when she did playboy that was a big story..but hefner put her in his magazine simply because she is michaels sister and he is so huge.. maybe she was a sex symbol i dont know.. i mean hefner doesnt put every celeb on his cover. but.. its not known these days that she was that type of sex symbol for men, usually women keep this title and simply get older. so its because of michaels attached name she got attention. i dont rememeber anything else. and her music isnt even known in the states these days, wheres it on the radio on repeat now? unless hardcore fans look for everything under the sun to rememeber.
shes known for causing trouble on the family. not that i hate her or anything. she was real pretty back in the day but..

Last edited:
^^ LOL

Latoya was pretty much famous for being infamous. Kind of like Paris Hilton is famous just because she is. I enjoy some of Latoya's music, but it's pretty much throwaway tunes.
Latoya was not ijhfamous in the 80's. Do not get your decades confused. Prejudice is ignorance.:mello:

That took place in the 90's this topic is about Latoyua in the 80's. She was a JW at the time and still very tame.:)

The only reason people knew of Latoya was because she was a Jackson sister. That's it. She doesn't have any memorable hits and no achievements to her name. All of the Jacksons were a household name.

The only reason people knew of Latoya was because she was a Jackson sister. That's it. She doesn't have any memorable hits and no achievements to her name. All of the Jacksons were a household name.
You need to go back and read my first post, obviously you skipped right passed it, that is why you came right in to talk about things hapening in the 90's when I clearly stated 80's.:)
Janet Jackson was not a household name in britain in the 80's. I didn't even know her until she came out with her music. Latoya is much older and was out and about.

Last edited:
You need to go back and read my first post, obviously you skipped right passed it, that is why you came right in to talk about things hapening in the 90's when I clearly stated 80's.:)
Janet Jackson was not a household name in britain in the 80's. I didn't even know her until she came out with her music. Latoya is much older and was out and about.

What does your first post have to do with anything? The title of this thread is "Latoya Jackson was a household name in the 80's". I'm going to leave this thread alone because you've obviously confused me. And FYI LATOYA'S PLAYBOY CAME OUT IN MARCH 1989, NOT THE 1990'S. :unsure:

What does your first post have to do with anything? The title of this thread is "Latoya Jackson was a household name in the 80's". I'm going to leave this thread alone because you've obviously confused me. And FYI LATOYA'S PLAYBOY CAME OUT IN MARCH 1989, NOT THE 1990'S. :unsure:
89 is the last year in a whole decade and many things happened in the 80's before the closing year, so it is obvious that I am not talkimg about the last year if I said the 80's meaning a number of years during that decade.:mello:

Wow! You're still trying! Does she pay you for that? :rolleyes:

Wow! You're still trying! Does she pay you for that? :rolleyes:

geez, arent we getting a bit harsh? I mean, LaToya was known by many, not by all. She was very beautiful, and the object of lots of men's fantasies. She was definitely known cause she was MJ's sister.

But what are we even arguing about? She was known.....and.......now what? Isn't that it?

If you didn't really know her, then oh well. There are plenty of famous ppl that I dont know either.

Check out the Guardian Newspaper thread and everything will be clear to you!

latyoa was a jackson that was about it. she then became infamous in the 90s through jack gordon

Anyway, I found this. I think it's her best song by far and proves that her voice is not useless like many people think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9KBzcx6fN8

On wheather she was a household name in the 80's, I don't know, but being a Jackson probably had 90% majority to do with it. In the 90's she became famous for other things, that's another story. No need to argue about something like this, IMO.

Back