MJJC's Pregnancy/Baby topic

janena

Guests
Thought i'd start off now that i am almost halfway through my 9 months.
Other pregnant members, people with (little) kids and everyone who wants to share news about this issue feel free to join in!

Its gonna be our 3rd child and later this morning we'll have a medical echo....if i can find the time i'll post some images...

Thanks people!

Here is a shot of our echo yesterday....
The baby looks to be okay which of course is always a relief.
We dont know if we are having a boy or girl because the little one didnt want to show us, LOL

echo20w1.jpg

WONDERFUL IDEA!

Many blessings to you and your family. Your babies are so beautiful.

Please, more pregnant members come in! I love pregnancy and birth stories and all things babies and children.

Thanks people!

Here is a shot of our echo yesterday....
The baby looks to be okay which of course is always a relief.
We dont know if we are having a boy or girl because the little one didnt want to show us, LOL

echo20w1.jpg
Congratulations to you and your family. :D

Last edited:
im almost done....can barely deal w/ the heartburn and him deciding to be asleep all day and moving and rollin all nite. i hope the next month and a half go by super fast

congrats!

I gave birth to my 3rd child march 7th. A little girl :wub: I also have a 4 year old girl and a 2½ year old son :D

Congratulations Pimboli!

Soso Def, wow...the end is getting nearer for you now!
Your baby is awake during the night as well? Mine is really active between 11 pm and 2 am, how great LOL
I think my tummy is bigger than yours b.t.w. and i am 'only' 20 weeks, that sure promises something!

I have been carrying around my 2 yr old all evening which results in some pain around my hip area right now.

(note to self: dont carry around 2 yr olds all evening for the coming 5 months)

congrats!

I gave birth to my 3rd child march 7th. A little girl :wub: I also have a 4 year old girl and a 2½ year old son :D
:clap:Congratulations! Will you share the birth story with us? Only if you feel comfortable with that. I love birth stories.

this preg. is definitely rough. i just came from the hospital. had contractions and was dizzy so they kept me overnight to monitor me and the baby.

still feeling a bit off so we'll see how the night goes.

It is early for contractions, i hope your baby will stay where it is for at least another 4 weeks girl...

i have an appointment for a 3D/4D echo in may, cant wait!

this preg. is definitely rough. i just came from the hospital. had contractions and was dizzy so they kept me overnight to monitor me and the baby.

still feeling a bit off so we'll see how the night goes.

Hope you are feeling better Katie.. That water retention sucks. I know.. even though I drank gallons of water and didn't use salt. I was swoooooooooooool. Especially my feet and ankles.. and my face.. it looked like a moon.. perfectly round. Make sure you keep us updated on how you are doing. Hang in there..U are almost there.. :)

My belly, now at 5,5 months....

buik23.3wekennr3-2.jpg

Everything is going well with the baby but my pelvis is hurting a lot at the moment...

Last edited:
Wow...I can't imagine what it feels like to be pregnant. Some women say they loooved it while some say they hated it. I heard it's unbearably uncomfortable during the last month.

Katie, congrats...I still can't believe you're gonna have a baby. :lol:

I loved being pregnant. I think that conceiving and carrying a baby is the most magical thing ever! I have four children.

I can sympathize with the discomforts of the last three months though (oh, and the first three months aren't that great either, with the morning sickness), haha... so, ummm, why was it that I loved being pregnant so much? Oh, the MAGIC! That's right! It is just AMAZING to have another human being--your own beautiful child--developing inside of you (and the 'getting pregnant' part is fun too.. hehe.)

The worst part for me was the last two weeks when the baby would always press down upon a nerve in my groin somewhere and cripple me with pain. I'd suddenly crumple over and grab my lower tummy and everyone would freak out that I'd suddenly gone into intense labour, LOL. It was very embarrassing if I was out shopping (so needless to say I didn't go out much.) By the last week the groin cramps got so bad that I would have to crawl from room to room, which was kind of tricky with my fourth child, while I had three little kids to look after.

But don't worry Janena and Kate! I've never known anyone else to get those cramps that I used to get. And the really great thing about all the discomforts of those last couple of weeks is that it makes one so eager to go through the birth! And holding your newborn baby in your arms is the most intensely magical moment ever!

I wish you both the best in your pregnancies.

Here's my bunch, just after the fourth one was born. Awwwww--such a long time ago! My youngest is 10 now, and the little guy in the bottom of the pic is 6 feet tall!

P1020331.jpg

Last edited:
go out much.)
Here's my bunch, just after the fourth one was born. Awwwww--such a long time ago! My youngest is 10 now, and the little guy in the bottom of the pic is 6 feet tall!

P1020331.jpg

Oh Dimity what a lovely family you have! Look at all that lovely ginger hair! I hope I get a redhead in my progeny.

Take care Soso! You are in my prayers!

What a lovely family picture!

Those cramps sound awful, thank goodness i've never had it during my first 2 pregnancies...

Although i am not looking forward to the last week(s) en labour i am not that worried...i made it through twice and had 2 relatively easy home deliveries and have 2 healthy little beautiful boys....

Thank you IrishFaery and Janena, yes I have a lovely family and feel very blessed. And now my 18 year old daughter keeps telling me the names that she'd like to call her children one day, so I suppose it won't be that many years until our family is going through 'round two' with the babies.

I loved being pregnant. I think that conceiving and carrying a baby is the most magical thing ever! I have four children.

I can sympathize with the discomforts of the last three months though (oh, and the first three months aren't that great either, with the morning sickness), haha... so, ummm, why was it that I loved being pregnant so much? Oh, the MAGIC! That's right! It is just AMAZING to have another human being--your own beautiful child--developing inside of you (and the 'getting pregnant' part is fun too.. hehe.)

:wub:

Exactly my thoughts too, I could always be pregnant seriously lol
As you share those same thoughts
I wonder if you share this also, Did you love being in labour too? :ph34r:
To me that is a magical part of it also :wub: :huh: LOL

Last edited:
:wub:
I wonder if you share this also, Did you love being in labour too? :ph34r:
To me that is a magical part of it also :wub: :huh: LOL
:lol: Yes, I think that being in labour is magical too--painful, but magical!
You know how at anti-natal classes the guys get taught how to rub your back and help you ease through the contractions? Well, I discovered that when I am in pain I have to keep moving, so I'd be tearing around the labour room, and my husband could never catch up with me to rub my back. :p He knew better the second, third and fourth times, and just let me go. Of course, once I hit stage two I had to stop running so he got to pat me on the back whilst saying "pant Dim, pant!" and I'd be saying "why do I have to wait for the doctor? Just let me push! Aghhhhhhh!" :mad: :lol: But I was otherwise very well-behaved. ^_^

:lol: Yes, I think that being in labour is magical too--painful, but magical!
You know how at anti-natal classes the guys get taught how to rub your back and help you ease through the contractions? Well, I discovered that when I am in pain I have to keep moving, so I'd be tearing around the labour room, and my husband could never catch up with me to rub my back. :p He knew better the second, third and fourth times, and just let me go. Of course, once I hit stage two I had to stop running so he got to pat me on the back whilst saying "pant Dim, pant!" and I'd be saying "why do I have to wait for the doctor? Just let me push! Aghhhhhhh!" :mad: :lol: But I was otherwise very well-behaved. ^_^

PHEW!! :lol: So glad I aint the only one lol usually if I say that to people they look at me like :ermm: haha! I'm sure it's not just you an me though... or maybe :unsure: :lol: I was very well behaved too.. women in the other rooms were screaming and swearing I was just laying there gritting my teeth and getting on with it. Yes it hurt it :censored: hurts lol but somehow I just took it and was like that with all 3 of mine, I wish I didn't feel so maternal all the time though :mello: I always feel like I want another new born, I work with them though which is lovely :wub: but then again makes me broody a lot of the time too. sigh................. babies :wub: :giggle:

^ Yes, I was very similar.

I refused to take anything for the pain, because it was important to me to experience what women through all time have experienced in labor. I was very curious. I didn't scream out or swear, which is not my style, anyway, and labor was looooong. 27 hours. Pushing was looooong, 2 hours. I got antsy and had to move around a lot. And I was forty...but my doctor told me I was physicaly like a thirty year old. I don't know, I was just doing my thang, getting into so many strange positions...I think I amused him and the nurses. So thankful my baby boy came out all healthy and cute with his big eyes opened and bright. :) Special memory.

I think Labour is quite an expierience as well!

I had 2 natural ones as well, no medication.

I didnt use any bad language but was not quite friendly either.
No one was allowed to touch me or rub my back or whatever , that included my husband!

well i had an accident in jan. so that messed my spine up. obviously nothing they can do until he's born so the only probs i have now r from my spine....if it swells up, then i get spasms. i can't sit for too long but i can stand and lie down. problem w/ that is if i stand, i get swollen and sore...if i try to chill on the couch i throw up!

yay me and Arus...ur not the only one! lol

Oh boy! That doesn't sound like much fun. Everyone will be telling you "not long to go now" as comfort, but that last little bit at the end of the pregnancy seems to go forever...

Back