Why is Miley Cyrus so populated?

BE.86

Proud Member
There's really not much for me to state, just a bunch of confusion that I'm trying to understand. She is the daughter of Billy ray cyrus, she has her own show and a music career and congratulations to her, but just recently she was presented with a wax figure at madame tauss. IMO she's good but not great and not very intriguing so I'm wondering why is she blown way out as this "huge susperstar" when she barely begun? there are young stars in her position waited longer to reach the status that she's at and I'm sure it has been a dream of hers but she's been over exposed. IMO.

Last edited:
She's probably the biggest tween star today, hence major success. It's not like teenagers + listen to her lol.

welllllllll, I think sooner or later she will fizzle out as a singer, but I don't know, she may continue acting.

For some reason I get annoyed when people like Miley Cyrus, Ashley Tisdale, and all those other tween girls get SO hugely popular and their albums go to number one in the first week and they sell MILLIONS! I'm thinking, where's the REAL singing ability???? And alot of these girls are in their twenties! I know if one of their CD's ever came out on the week that an MJ cd came out and they outsold MJ, I'd go CRAZY!!!!! I MEAN CCRRAAZZYY!!!
TWEENS ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD! AHHHHH!

She's just like a marketed The Wiggles for teens, basically. She has an image that sells, so she's popular with the people who buy that image.

I know what you mean, though, I can't understand it either. :blink:

She's the new "It" girl. Someone new will come along in about a year, maybe less. The trick for her will be to keep on truckin' even when someone else comes along to steal the spotlight doing basically the same thing she's doing now. She's such a doll! If she wants to keep it going, I pray that it will continue to go well for her. If she decides to bow out, I hope the memories will continue to be fond ones. For now, I pray that she just keeps having fun with it all.

I do wonder, however, why Raven Symone didn't get this kind of reception. Every little Black girl under ten that I knew was OBSESSED with her although I don't remember things being this saturated. Did she appear on the Oprah Winfrey show? Was it this wild with her and the Cheetah Girls? Help me remember because it's all Miley all the time right now! I don't even remember "Zack and Cody" getting this much attention.

I wonder the same thing. They have zero talent and don't get me started on singing ability or lack thereof. I just try to ignore fads like miley. Thats all they are it's like power rangers or pokemon. Popular cartoon one day forgotten the next. Except these acts go away much faster now.

Not outside the U S of A. I never heard of her until rza on the KOP board mentioned her :lol:

Not outside the U S of A. I never heard of her until rza on the KOP board mentioned her :lol:

exactly. which is why those who think she's so big, have been fooled by the media. overexposure doesn't necessarily mean big sales. i'm sure she's doin alright, but not as alright as the media is inflating her to be. she's just on tv and radio a lot, and lots of times, people make the mistake of thinking that that means she must be outselling everybody else in the world. then..lo and behold..somebody outside the usa wakes the americans up and says...yo yo...reality check! who are u talking about? lol

that goes for the american idols too...a lot of people outside the usa never heard of em.

on the other side of the coin...the american media would like u to think that MJ is dwindling..when in reality, he's bringing down the house in sales..yet americans tend to believe what the media says anyway.

chances are..her wax figure isn't in the museum cus she's astronomically big...her wax figure is in the museum cus disney used their clout to get her wax figure in there. lol

Last edited:
She's safe with parents, unlike others like Britney Spears, the Olsen twins, Lindsey Lohan, etc. She has a very clean image. She even has a wig that sells, so fans can look like her.

exactly. which is why those who think she's so big, have been fooled by the media. overexposure doesn't necessarily mean big sales. i'm sure she's doin alright, but not as alright as the media is inflating her to be. she's just on tv and radio a lot, and lots of times, people make the mistake of thinking that that means she must be outselling everybody else in the world.

Oh good Lord. Not everything is a damn conspiracy by "the media." Miley Cyrus is huge in America and the biggest tween star here, regardless of how annoying I find her. No one ever claimed she was the biggest star in the world or any of that crap. She's simply a really huge fad in the country right now for little girls, and her success is a fact.

Grand Master S said:
She's probably the biggest tween star today, hence major success. It's not like teenagers + listen to her lol.

:lol: maybe the people I go to school with are just really dumb, but tons of people age 16-17 listen to her here. (and actually say that she's really good! :lol: :lol:) Some of my teachers even say how excited they were to go to her concerts, and not just because they have kids, either, which I find rather scary......I certainly hope the fad doesn't last long. i find her really annoying.....

:lol: maybe the people I go to school with are just really dumb, but tons of people age 16-17 listen to her here. (and actually say that she's really good! :lol: :lol:) Some of my teachers even say how excited they were to go to her concerts, and not just because they have kids, either, which I find rather scary......I certainly hope the fad doesn't last long.

... Wow. This is the most disappointing thing I've heard all day. The hell is wrong with people these days? I think people have really forgotten what great music sounds like lol.

Grand Master S said:
... Wow. This is the most disappointing thing I've heard all day. The hell is wrong with people these days? I think people have really forgotten what great music sounds like lol.

I think they have too. That's why we need a new MJ album to come out and remind them what great music is. :)

Oh good Lord. Not everything is a damn conspiracy by "the media." Miley Cyrus is huge in America and the biggest tween star here, regardless of how annoying I find her. No one ever claimed she was the biggest star in the world or any of that crap. She's simply a really huge fad in the country right now for little girls, and her success is a fact.

No one said she isn't a success, sir.

And no one mentioned that EVERYTHING is a conspiracy except you. Read the post, next time.

Last edited:
i love me some miley lol! not her music but her show. i laugh all day watchin it....but yea she lyp sycns all the time which is what kills me, so i dont tell me lil sis that she does cuz it will crush her lol. But she has outsold beyonces solo career (SHOCKIN I KNOW!!!!!!!) and has 1 of the best concert tours (im talkin numbers lol) but yea she is not all that. She is just very pretty, and disney channel just blew her up...maybe i shud try and sign with disney lol

Last edited:
She's safe with parents, unlike others like Britney Spears, the Olsen twins, Lindsey Lohan, etc. She has a very clean image. She even has a wig that sells, so fans can look like her.

ITA. There are so many troubled former teen stars. I think the "market" needed a squeaky clean teen star, and she was just in the right place at the right time.

(BTW, you could add Vanessa Hudgens as yet another "troubled" category...)

well people said the same thing when britney came out..like why is this girl so big.. other artists didnt think she had talent.

She'll end up like Hanson. A couple hits, over exposed, over played, and people will get sick and tired of it and move on.

She'll end up like Hanson. A couple hits, over exposed, over played, and people will get sick and tired of it and move on.

that's usually what happens o most disney/kids stars when there fanbase grows up there careers usually go down the darin and it's hard to get into that audience

Back