Janet suffers from Insomnia

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvanaIloveMJ

Proud Member
27 Mar 2008

Janet Jackson poses inside a cage - as she reveals her battle with insomnia. The chart star said she often struggles to sleep at night.

So in a bid to nod off, she resorts to watching kids' cartoons - her favourite being Family Guy.

She said: "It's a big issue [insomnia].

"My doctor is not happy with me. I have to take these [supplements] otherwise my brain won't stop, and I just lay there all night, thinking about everything.

"Usually I just wind up watching cartoons - The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Johnny Quest, Superfriends, you know, the classics.

"And if I get to catch Family Guy, I'm happy. I'm just a kid at heart. Just a big kid."

Jackson, 41, can be seen trapped in a metal cage on the cover of US style magazine, BlackBook.

But she admitted she found it hard to pose for a series of S&M-inspired images inside the publication.

She told the April 2008 issue of Blackbook, out now in the US: "I just get embarrassed so easily.

"Sometimes I feel like I'm in the wrong profession. You know, a photographer will ask me to do something, and I think, 'What? With all these people around, staring?'

"I don't know, I guess it's my insecurity. Maybe when I'm 90, I won't care and just stick my ass out. But until I'm comfortable..." And she revealed a talent for impersonation.

She said: "My thing was to do impressions [as a child].

"My friends even to this day say I'm an excellent mimic. It comes from being around so many voices at one time.

Jackson's latest album, Discipline, is out now.

It went straight to the top of the Billboard 200 chart on its release in February [2008].

- NZ Entertainment / Black Book Magazine -

That´s what I have been thinking that MJ and Janet is not really that different even if they seem very different on the surface nowadays. She is not happy it seems. She is not in the wrong profession but I whish she would stop with the sex thing, specially if she is feeling embarrased and insecure by doing it, becase she dosn´t need it. I liked "Rythm Nation Janet", that was a great album and I have all the videos from that and the Control album on a dvd.

I say if she feels uncomfortable...she doesn't HAVE to do it...I mean, she REALLY doesn't lol

she really doesn't have to put herself through that. it could be a reason why she suffer from insomnia. i have it to and can not fall alseep on my own; what helps is supplements and exercise to get your body clock to relax.

She is such a very sweet young women with a very sweet talented brother named michael jackson ...:) lol, as if you guys don't already know that ...lol

Last edited:
I would not be suprised if MJ had it too..

He does not sleep much. Calling friends at 2am-3am.. writting songs all hours of the night etc..

I know with creative beings sometimes its hard to sleep because of thoughts always rushing your head. But MJ does not sleep much 4 real..

It kinda worries me.. he needs that sleep.. I'm a health/fitness buff, so I get worried about that..

MIchael never said he doesn't sleep,....he just stated that he is a nightowl. he has said that he goes to bed..but it just happens to be at five in the morning sometimes...but once he gets there....he said he gets at least eight hours of sleep..and makes people mad, cus he demands that he gets those eight hours..so, he may not wake up till noon the next day.

as for happiness...i guess it's hard to tell about whether MJ is saying he's happy or not, cus he doesn't do enough interviews for people to find that out... only oprah asked him that, and he said he's getting there.

and Janet..well..from what she's saying there, it would seem that the record industry demands a sex image, and she may have a hard time asserting herself and saying she may be against doing that all the time...

Then her record industry should kiss her ass, she don't need that.;O

MIchael never said he doesn't sleep,....he just stated that he is a nightowl. he has said that he goes to bed..but it just happens to be at five in the morning sometimes...but once he gets there....he said he gets at least eight hours of sleep..and makes people mad, cus he demands that he gets those eight hours..so, he may not wake up till noon the next day.

as for happiness...i guess it's hard to tell about whether MJ is saying he's happy or not, cus he doesn't do enough interviews for people to find that out... only oprah asked him that, and he said he's getting there.

and Janet..well..from what she's saying there, it would seem that the record industry demands a sex image, and she may have a hard time asserting herself and saying she may be against doing that all the time...
I find it rather sad to hear her say that. That after all these years of hard work she is required to strip to sell her records. Shame. She should be able to say know to these people. Why doesn't she just walk away, she has had a long stretch, she doesn't have to humiliate herself for those people., I think they are taking the p.iss quite honestly.

I would not be suprised if MJ had it too..

He does not sleep much. Calling friends at 2am-3am.. writting songs all hours of the night etc..

I know with creative beings sometimes its hard to sleep because of thoughts always rushing your head. But MJ does not sleep much 4 real..

It kinda worries me.. he needs that sleep.. I'm a health/fitness buff, so I get worried about that..

nope michael doesnt have it. he might go to sleep late but he wakes up late as well. i know that from the times that i've been around and his bodyguards told us that michael wasnt up yet and it was like 1 pm lol. he wasnt sleeping much during the trial and thats when he'd call friends at 2-3 am. maybe thats what u have in mind. michaels never said that he has this problem.

I am glad Michael does end up getting those eight hours....your body needs that much rest...I hope Janet can do this some day too....she is a little too hard on herself too...

nope michael doesnt have it. he might go to sleep late but he wakes up late as well. i know that from the times that i've been around and his bodyguards told us that michael wasnt up yet and it was like 1 pm lol. he wasnt sleeping much during the trial and thats when he'd call friends at 2-3 am. maybe thats what u have in mind. michaels never said that he has this problem.

o/t ..so Michael has been to Puerto Rico?:)

Last edited:
and that's why I say that Michael COULD have it.. Not DOES have it..

I has been a little worry in my mind for a long time.. way before this thread started..

friends saying him calling them 2-3am all the time.. MJ being up really early as well.

even freinds said they would stay up for days straight untill they burn out..

Insomnia is actually fairly commen.. Especially for people that are hard workers.. Not only is MJ a workaholic, perfectionist, he is a creative being.. When would his mind give him a break to sleep anyways??

He shows the simtoms..

i dont think theres a reason to worry over michaels sleep :p

i'm sure michael gets all the sleep he needs and that he generally takes very good care of his health and well being. :) when ppl have a tough schedule they dont get to sleep as many hours at night as they'd wish. michael has a tough schedule mainly when he tours. otherwise his schedule is more light and flexible. remember when michael was still living in neverland. he would spend many hours per day having fun, playing etc
even when he makes public trips he makes sure he has fun as well (like going to disneyland etc). anyway, from some personal experience that i have i can safely say that michael gets all the sleep he needs. after all, hes spend almost all of his life in the spotlight so i dont think he wouldnt sleep at night because the next day he'd have an important meeting etc etc.

Last edited:
I am glad Michael does end up getting those eight hours....your body needs that much rest...I hope Janet can do this some day too....she is a little too hard on herself too...
awww you have a guinea pig in you signature.. and its so cute..

Her record label should stop pressuring her to do the sexual stuff. I mean, if she doesn't want to do it, she shouldn't. :no:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/insomnia/article_em.htm

Most adults have experienced insomnia or sleeplessness at one time or another in their lives. An estimated 30-50% of the general population are affected by insomnia, and 10% have chronic insomnia.

Insomnia is a symptom, not a stand-alone diagnosis. By definition, insomnia is "difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep, or both." Although most of us know what insomnia is and how we feel and perform after one or more sleepless nights, few seek medical advice. Many people remain unaware of the behavioral and medical options available to treat insomnia.

Insomnia affects all age groups. Among older adults, insomnia affects women more often than men. The incidence increases with age.

Stress most commonly triggers short-term or acute insomnia. If you do not address your insomnia, however, it may develop into chronic insomnia.

i think janet is suffering temporarily from insomnia because she had never mentioned it before :) i guess it has to do with all the stress, work and everything shes doing right now. having a non successful album creates stress, having to go on tour soon etc etc

to shut down the fact that michael could have it is kinda silly to me..

on average 40% of the general public has it.. WHY??

the primary causes of insomnia is stress related.t's the body's reaction to pressure in the mind..

This could come from just simply being stressed out...having a lot on your mind.... And creative personalities..

The more creative you are, the more ideas rush your mind at all times..

Sleep becomes a challenge.. because while your laying there ideas are still flowing in your head, there is not an 'off' switch where you go.. OK it's sleep time..

infact many times that is when the biggest ideas come to u.. In bed while trying to go to sleep.

Aprox. 65 million people in the U.S. have it.. 55% of that number to be women, 45% men..

If people with everyday jobs can get it so easily.. Picture somone in Michael Jackson's shoes.....

When it comes to MJ not sleeping a lot.. can anyone tell me what does NOT hint to possibly having insomnia or a simular sleeping problem??

Everything that I can think of, of everytime him not sleeping comes up always hints TO it..

I'm not saying HE DOES.. but it is very possible

Last edited:
lol we dont even know if michaels not sleeping a lot :lol: for all we know he can sleep 10 hours per night :p i dont think michael stresses out over nothing anymore. after everything hes been through in his life i think that everything now seems piece of cake to him.
to me michael seems to have absolute control over his mind and thoughts so .....
michael didnt become creative yesterday. he always has been. i bet he can control his ideas and thoughts and can easily say "its sleep time now" and go to sleep. if u dont have a medical issue then when its time to sleep and ur very tired ur mind cant work either.
ppl who get all stressed out over work, this and that and get short term insomnia are ppl who are not used to that. they live a quiet life until they get a stressful job and they get all stressed out over the responsibilities, schedule etc. michaels had this all of his life and after the ish hes been thru i dont think anything can get him stressed out anymore. plus hes very confident about his work so i dont think he's be anxious over recording and releasing a good album either

Last edited:
to shut down the fact that michael could have it is kinda silly to me..

on average 40% of the general public has it.. WHY??

the primary causes of insomnia is stress related.t's the body's reaction to pressure in the mind..

This could come from just simply being stressed out...having a lot on your mind.... And creative personalities..

The more creative you are, the more ideas rush your mind at all times..

Sleep becomes a challenge.. because while your laying there ideas are still flowing in your head, there is not an 'off' switch where you go.. OK it's sleep time..

infact many times that is when the biggest ideas come to u.. In bed while trying to go to sleep.

Aprox. 65 million people in the U.S. have it.. 55% of that number to be women, 45% men..

If people with everyday jobs can get it so easily.. Picture somone in Michael Jackson's shoes.....

When it comes to MJ not sleeping a lot.. can anyone tell me what does NOT hint to possibly having insomnia or a simular sleeping problem??

Everything that I can think of, of everytime him not sleeping comes up always hints TO it..

I very much agree.

And this thread is about Janet Jackson, by the way.

Last edited:
I am an insomniac and i often resort to watching cartoons till 4-5am but i get to sleep in the end usually, and i don't need pills, i guess i'm lucky in that sense, i wake up around eight though so i guess i don't get enough sleep...

Its strange reading this since i go for cartoons too...

Last edited:
Her record label should stop pressuring her to do the sexual stuff. I mean, if she doesn't want to do it, she shouldn't. :no:

Sadly thats the sort of thing that sells. On her 20YO album she had those songs but they werent as explicit as the songs on this one. Someone must have told her to go back to the old formula. All the reviews I read about her latest album mention those sexy songs. I suppose they give the album some attention that makes some people want to buy them. Its a pity she has to do this to sell an album. I would say its intimidating to get those sort of photos taken with strangers all around.

Last edited:
Sadly thats the sort of thing that sells. On her 20YO album she had those songs but they werent as explicit as the songs on this one. Someone must have told her to go back to the old formula. All the reviews I read about her latest album mention those sexy songs. I suppose they give the album some attention that makes some people want to buy them. Its a pity she has to do this to sell an album. I would say its intimidating to get those sort of photos taken with strangers all around.
Well I don´t think that it really does sell. Or it does in the beginning but then the sales start falling and you start hearing this things like she has to do it in order to sell albums (which can´t be good for your self esteem) but the truth is many people liked her before she started doing it. That is also what happend to Madonna in the early 90s in my opinion. It´s sad if she feels that she has to do it if she dosn´t really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back