Slash: “Michael’s A Hero”

Justice!

Proud Member
(27-3-2008)

In a short interview with the ‘London Lite’ newspaper, rock legend Slash has spoken briefly about his thoughts on Michael, with whom he collaborated with on both the Dangerous and HIStory albums, as well as in some live concerts.

The former Guns N’ Roses guitarist said:

I worked with Michael on his ‘Dangerous’ album in 1990 and in my mind he’ll always be a hero.”

Source: London Lite

Thanks for posting.

He might be a hero in his mind but he had no problem saying that he would not put his child around MJ. Gotta love the irony.

He might be a hero in his mind but he had no problem saying that he would not put his child around MJ. Gotta love the irony.
That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread...

Last edited:
I'm always amazed by some of these people......how soon they forget their own words!

Well i think that was nice of Slash . And as far as saying he didn,t want Michael around his kids well i don,t blame anyone for being carefull about their children . That was when it first came out and slash just protecting the kids . I,m sure he knew down deep it wasn,t true but your first reaction would as i said make sure it wasn,t. Anyways i just glad that part of michael,s life is over .

what about what he said about not letting his kid near MJ? I found that one rude!

I'm not too sure if Slash was misquoted saying he wouldn't let his kid near Michael. Slash is always very positive about Michael, and in his recent autobiography he speaks very highly of Michael.

In yesterdays London Lite interview, Slash also said as far as he's aware Michael has never been proven guilty of child abuse.

Well that was nice. But his comments before make him a straight up hypocrit and makes him smack of a fair-weathered friend. I'm so sick of these people flip flopping. If you weren't by Michael's side when he was going through hell, then you aren't by Michael's side at all, imo.

Here is what I've posted on a different board. It's basically to say that Slash's discourse on Michael is two dimensional.

The reason why he appears to be wishy washy is because, on one hand he certainly has nothing but praise and admiration for Michael Jackson, the artist, the record breaker, the legend etc. But on the other, when it comes to Michael Jackson the man, that's when his discourse becomes a little dubious. From what I've read and seen of him in interviews, it seems to me as if he doesn't necessarily defend Michael, but doesn't directly convict him either.

There's a big dichotomy here, in his perception of Michael Jackson the musical genius and Michael Jackson as an individual. So that's not being wishy washy per se, it's just making a difference between the two. He can only speak of what he knows for sure; what he has seen and heard first hand, that is Michael's music. There's a clear distinction here between two things, what he knows (the music and the genius behind it all) and what he doesn't know (the man himself, without the glam, without the stardom, but just the plain man).

I don't know whether these claims are true, but in general when you see or read an interview of Slash, he always speaks very highly of Michael. But you will always notice that he does so judging from Michael's unmatched artistry, talent, genius and that's that, because that's probably all he knows for sure of Michael. He has seen Michael's musical gift and stardom grow and evolve through the years, from his beginnings with the J5 to his very successful solo undertaking, and like every one he certainly was in awe of Michael Jackson.

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=158...&vid=208548

He then had the privilege to work with Michael, which then allowed Slash to see Michael's creativity at play and he certainly grew even more convinced of Michael's musical genius.

However, when it comes to Michael the man, he probably doesn't know enough of it to judge, speak either positively or negatively of him. Slash probably knows Michael but only in a strictly professional sense. And just because they've worked together on several occasions, doesn't mean he knows knows Michael personally. So again, his comments about Michael can only be limited to what he knows.

I don't think there's anything personal against Michael in his statement. I've seen and heard Slash mention a few times that he is very mistrustful of people by nature ( and that was in a discussion not related to Michael). There are only very very few people, maybe 2 or 3 that he really trusts, and that's about it.
Child molestation charges are a big deal. Slash said it himself, innoncent until proven guilty, so he did give Michael the benefit of doubt. The hypothetical occurence when Slash withheld his son from Michael during a visit in London dates back to 2003; that's way before Michael was vindicated; so as a sensible parent it is his responsabilty to reserve himself the right to allow or forbid interaction between his son and someone suspected of child molestation, whether this person is Michael Jackson or not. In the end Michael was proven not guilty on all counts, so it's up to Slash to trust the verdict and let Michael see his son, at his sole discretion, if Shlash chooses so. Either way, you have to respect his decision.

Last edited:
Well, it may be way before MJ was vindicated but it has to be WAY before he was accused also, since MJ was unable to and did not leave the country after charges were filed. So what would have prompted him to withhold his son from MJ at that time. I believe Slash misspoke. Celebs do that on occassion to make themselves look big. I think we did work out that Slash son wasn't even born when he last met mICHACHEL, SO SLASH was making it all up. Why. BS,

Last edited:
I think it happened in 2003 when Slash's son was 2
Slash son was 2 and MJ never went anywhere near his son during the alegation . MJ did not leave the country, so slash had no reason to make up the story except tht he was trying to gain street credit or browny points. It was ok to bash MJ. Now all the guys in the hood have come out to support MJ, Will.I.Am., kanye west, Akon, and all the rest, routing for MJ, it is oK to say you love MJ again.^_^

AW: Re: Slash: “Michael’s A Hero”

The hypothetical occurence when Slash withheld his son from Michael during a visit in London dates back to 2003; that's way before Michael was vindicated;
It didn't happen in London! Something got lost in translation! Slash's son is called London and he did that interview, where he mentioned his thoughts of a couple years earlier, during a interview with a UK publication.... actually readers could send in questions for Slash and one was if he would let his son meet Michael!

That meeting actually happened at a mutual friends house in Los Angeles! So Slash didn't bs and didn't make things up.... he just honestly revealed how he had felt during the times (of the allegations/trial)!

Last edited:
Re: AW: Re: Slash: “Michael’s A Hero”

It didn't happen in London! Something get lost in translation! Slash's son is called London and he did that interview, where he mentioned his thoughts of a couple years earlier, during a interview with a UK publication.... actually readers could send in questions to Slash and one was if he would let his son meet Michael! That meeting actually happened at a mutual friends house in Los Angeles! So Slash didn't bs and didn't make things up.... he just honestly told how he felt during that time (of the allegations/trial)!

My bad, I got the place wrong.

AW: Slash: “Michael’s A Hero”

Yes, and therefore enabled Datsy's rant on Slash, which is absolutely void, when you actually know the facts! ;)

Re: AW: Re: Slash: “Michael’s A Hero”

It didn't happen in London! Something got lost in translation! Slash's son is called London and he did that interview, where he mentioned his thoughts of a couple years earlier, during a interview with a UK publication.... actually readers could send in questions for Slash and one was if he would let his son meet Michael!

That meeting actually happened at a mutual friends house in Los Angeles! So Slash didn't bs and didn't make things up.... he just honestly revealed how he had felt during the times (of the allegations/trial)!

Thanks for the clarification! I like his honesty; the only problem I have with his frankness is his tendency to use one or two profanities in between every other word he utters. But aside from that flaw, he seems to be very straightforward; the kind of person that tells it like it is whether you like it or not, he doesn't care. Again child molestation charges are quite serious. Unless the name of the accused has been cleared from these allegations, it is normal to first have doubts. So I don't blame him, really.

Last edited:
Slash has said other things about Michael which weren't very kind, like calling him bizarre, etc... He just seems wishy washy. I was surprised to hear that stuff from him because I'd never heard him say anything negative before, but he's not really a real freind of Michael's.

Slash has said other things about Michael which weren't very kind, like calling him bizarre, etc... He just seems wishy washy. I was surprised to hear that stuff from him because I'd never heard him say anything negative before, but he's not really a real freind of Michael's.

I also feel this way. In fact, I remember watching an interview with Slash after the trial was taking place, can't remember though if the interview was done before the trial however.....Slash mentioned during the interview that Michael used to do something or other, and he would think it strange or weird....:huh: :rolleyes:

I don't know, I realize that they can splice things (cut the film and put it together differently) but it sounded like his words were his own.

I admire Slash for his aritistry ( I LOVE the guitar). Hope he isn't one of those people who feel like they have to side-in with the rest of them just to stay on top. Don't follow the crowd, you get lost in it!
^_^

Back