raisa's drawings!!

raisa

Proud Member
about 20037.5km away from the other site of the wo
When I saw all those great drawings on this forum, it always made me want to draw too.
The problem is, I never had any lessons and I don't know nothing about techniques.
I just took my Thriller cd and tried to draw Michael.
I really love drawing, it's one of the few things that keep me calm:)
I would really appreciate it if you guys, who do know how to draw, can give me some help or advice.
So, here's my very first drawing ever:

edit: There was already something printed on the back of this paper ( my french vocabulary list) and you can see it now because I scanned it. I don't think I'm good enough to use proper paper so I recycled my french vocabulary list:p

edit2: I decided to put all my MJ-drawings in the first post too:

>> close up:

Last edited:
Re: my very first drawing ever

I don't know nothing about drawing, so I'm afraid I can't help

but I like your drawing :) I think you're in a good way :flowers:

its lovely ,both of them show artisic talent:yes:
keep drawing more hun xx

thanks a lot, Wendijane!
I made some other drawings too, after my first one (the thriller one) but they're no MJ-drawings.
I'm glad you left a message!
I've worked pretty hard on that last one, his hair took ages!

I'm made a new MJ-drawing today but it isn't that good...
I'll share it with you anyway...

It's not a good drawing and it's not a good picture either...
I wanted to finish it very quickly, that's why I kinda messed it up...

I made some other ones who are better but those aren't MJ-drawings...
Should /can I post the other ones too?

edit: this is a captain EO drawing:)

Last edited:

I'm made a new MJ-drawing today but it isn't that good...
I'll share it with you anyway...

It's not a good drawing and it's not a good picture either...
I wanted to finish it very quickly, that's why I kinda messed it up...

I made some other ones who are better but those aren't MJ-drawings...
Should /can I post the other ones too?

edit: this is a captain EO drawing:)

Keep posting the pics - i luv them. i want to try too, so i will, but keep posting them, because they inspire me. thank you.

Best advice about drawing is to draw. When I used to draw, if I was drawing from a source, I would look at the thing I was drawing, then transfer it to the paper as in :look, draw a bit, look up, draw a bit, look up, draw a bit..etc etc...if something didn't look quite right I would erase and try again until I was satisfied..or just kept going till I felt done. I found it much more difficult to use a live subject than from a photograph. Photos are much easier. I wouldn't advise tracing just because it takes much of the fun out of it but your first drawing is my favorite so far :D Take your time and enjoy it. This makes me want to get drawing again. I may..Thank you for inspiring me to get at it! :)

That's exactly what I do:)
I search a nice picture on the net and try to draw it from the screen.
But lately I have a lot of work for school... but I really wanted to draw so I started drawing but I ran out of time and I had to finish the last drawing very quickly...
And that's the result...
I do like the 2 drawings I did before this one, they're no MJ-drawing though.
They took much longer too:)
here they are:

I love drawing kids! It's an african boy (I like the eyes and the big smile, drawing the teeth was hard though) and a girl with a sloth, well, I think it is a sloth:). The sloth kinda messed it up but I do love the look on the girl's face:).
Anyway, I'm happy I inspired you two:). Thanks to some other people on this board, I started drawing too. I love it now!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pua

oh I love those! I would really like to see what you could do now with colour. Get yourself some oil pastel crayon type things, but good quality ones and try that. They are really nice and easy to work with to start. I want to see those ones in colour!^^ Use vibrant colours in it (well..do what you want I can just imagine bright greens and aqua and yellows and scarlet for some reason in the top one. ooo with a painting in the boys eyes to reflect the image in front of him to show what he is smiling about :D ..Nevermind..that's one I want to do ..lol..but you can borrow my idea!

I never had any lessons so I don't really know how to work with 'oil pastel crayon type things':cheeky:.
When I make a drawing with pencil, do you just have to colour over it all? Even over the shades?
And I'm a real chicken and I'm afraid to mess it up when I colour over it...:blush:

you can start with pencil. That is the lovely thing about art, there are NO rules. You do what you feel. I never had lessons either. here... I will show you one. I usually draw it lightly with a pencil first and then it is really just like colouring.
DSCN0031.jpg
That one I drew first, then basically coloured with the oil pastels after... get the soft ones. They make it easy. Blending is fun. Just play and practice. Don't worry about messing up the paper, you can always draw more...OR...do two copies. A starting one in pencil, then do another that you can colour.

waw! I might try it later... I'd really like to colour the little african boy with the hat.
But I'm going to draw it again so that I still have my first drawing:)
But I'm too busy now, I might do this after the exams.
I'm so stressd out about them!! And I always get sick when I'm stressed... But I have to go to school anyway...
By the way: thanks a lot for replying! I'm really glad you're trying to help me:wub:

Last edited:

:) You're welcome. You really are doing so well on your own. It is hard to believe that first one is your first drawing! It is so good! Best thing to do for exams is make sure you understand the material rather than just memorize. Though both are important. I guess that sounds obvious, but if you know your material really well then you will actually do better under the pressure of a test than you would on a regular day in class for recalling information and figuring out things. If you don't know it as well then under the added pressure of an exam you will end up doing worse than how you would on your average non stressed day. Just a tidbit of psychology for you. If you need a break from studying, then you can draw! :D Take care and I hope the exams go well for you. (I will LOVE to see that one in colour. It could be just so eye catching and vibrant I think..it is good as it is though but I just would love to see it coloured too :) )

I think I'm going to forbid myself of drawing during the exams because when I start drawing, I'm still drawing hours later:)...
I'll have something good to look forward to during exams too...
I usualy have good grades but I can't help being stressed and that's when I get sick... like now :( I actually had exactly the same symptoms before the christmas exams... I went to the doctor and he said I have some kind of infection... I'l have to take some medication :(
I depentds on how much time I have but I might give the colouring-thing a go this weekend... we'll see

Last edited:

I coloured the captain EO-drawing...
I din't really like it in the first place and I was bored so... :smilerolleyes:
I'm not really sure wether I like it better now then I did before though...

btw: I coloured this with pencil;D

I LOVEEEEEE IT!! wow... Very moving and beautiful, inspirational. Well done! You are getting so good!

Do any of you paint also or am I the only one?:(

I agree with what Ape said, the best thing to do is just draw. I've never had any classes/training I just said I wanted to try it one day and found out it was great relaxation for me. Sometimes I paint more complex things than others but I definitely think I've improved over time. These were some of the first boxes I painted years ago and although they aren't as detailed as some of my others, they make me smile every time I see them:D

huhuloas_fairies-1.jpg

Last edited:

I agree with what Ape said, the best thing to do is just draw. I've never had any classes/training I just said I wanted to try it one day and found out it was great relaxation for me. Sometimes I paint more complex things than others but I definitely think I've improved over time. These were some of the first boxes I painted years ago and although they aren't as detailed as some of my others, they make me smile every time I see them:D

huhuloas_fairies-1.jpg

aww I love it!!!nice painting, it is really good.

Reactions: Pua

I didn't try painting yet because the only thing you need for drawing is a pencil and a paper.
If you want to paint, you need brushes, paint, something to paint on,... but maybe someday I'll try it. I love drawing because I can totally relax when I draw:)

BTW: your painted boxes look very nice!!!

I didn't try painting yet because the only thing you need for drawing is a pencil and a paper.
If you want to paint, you need brushes, paint, something to paint on,... but maybe someday I'll try it. I love drawing because I can totally relax when I draw:)

BTW: your painted boxes look very nice!!!

me too, drawing is sooo much fun.....

oh one other tidbit...

If you are unhappy with how something is turning out, sometimes give it a break and come back to it. Also, you don't really ever have to stop on a particular drawing/painting. If you are unsatisfied, then do something more on top of it till it becomes something you love..or you can always scrap it and start fresh.

Great drawing you did. all of you guys who posted your drawings up did a good job, i can't draw for crap.The best i could do is a stick figure.

I made another drawing, I didn't use a photo for making this one.
I call it 'corner of the sky' >>the sentence 'gotta find my corner of the sky' was always going through my head and then I drew this, I first wanted to draw it sligtly different but this is how it turned out:

I did this drawing pretty quickly so I wasn't too afraid to ruin it when I would colour it. My sister had some kind of pastel-oil-crayon-things and Ape mentioned those so I tried them:). I had no clue how to use them though... :D I just gave it a go and had some fun! Small details are very hard to draw with those things and I only had some basic colours (red, dark blue, light blue, orange, brown, yellow, black and white)

What do you think of it? :blush:

Back