The Jackson 5 Audition For Motown

I would love to see the FULL verison.. I have seen clips of another song they did.. But not the full. Just likea 5 second clip..

OH YEAH! I was just looking for this!!!! Ive seen the "I got the feelin" clip, but I wanted to see the other one. I was watching, I think "the legend continues" (i think that's what i was watching...) last weekend and they showed a clip of him singing another song, and it sounded sOOOOOOO good! :yes:
Does anyone know the name of that song, at least?

I would have to research it again.. I don't remember.. I used to know it.. doesn't MJ mention it in 'Moonwalk'.. I know I read it somewhere

tobacco road. u mean that? whether thats the title i dont know but thats one he sings during the audition thats shown during the legend continues. i dont think the whole auditon is availalbe. i think its been mentioned a few times. there only seems to be clips of it around but not the whole thing. hopefully im wrong though

tobacco road. u mean that? whether thats the title i dont know but thats one he sings during the audition thats shown during the legend continues. i dont think the whole auditon is availalbe. i think its been mentioned a few times. there only seems to be clips of it around but not the whole thing. hopefully im wrong though

AH HA!!!! I think that's the song, thanks!! I found this on a website and it's taken from Berry Gordy's Autobiography:

"They tore into the Temptations' "Aint Too Proud to Beg" - all moving together like little David Ruffins, but with a style all their own. When they sang "I Wish It Would Rain" and "Tobacco Road," they made the songs sound like they were written just for them. They wound up with little Michael doing James Brown's "I Got the Feeling." His dazzling footwork would have certainly made the Godfather proud. "

http://afgen.com/michael.html

Well, I looked up the lyrics (lol) and I'm gonna go watch 'the legend continues' just to make sure.........or just to watch the show again :yes: LOL!

I think Jermaine did two of the Temptations songs, Michael took over afterwards with "Tobacco Road" and "I Got the Feelin'". Matter of fact, when I first saw it on Jetzi, they were right at the end of "Tobacco Road" before performing "I Got the Feelin'".

^^^hmmm...thanks!!! :yes: They should put out the whole audition~~!!! LOL- just wishful thinking on my part :)

^^^
I wish they'd post the whole footage also, but anyway there's some good info in this thread. Thx for posting peeps.

Last edited:
^^^ YAH, there is......THANKS everyone!!!!! luuuuuv u guyz :) :) :)

Back